Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Cranberry Open Sr Men SP 1-2 yesterday: R Miner "The Way We Were" debut, scored 76.09 (jumps reportedly were 3S, 3A fall, 3Lz3T), S Carriere 66.58
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ Any vids available?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the Cranberry Open thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Miner scored 131 (or maybe 133) total for his FS, TS was 57.
    I heard (maybe ioana can confirm) that Ross Miner did not attempt 4S or 3A in his FS debut, so it appears that jumps (and TES) were not the focus in his skate yesterday. Last I checked, there were no videos of Miner's new programs on YT.

Thanks to UMBS Go Blue, here are the U.S. men's videos from the Glacier Falls Summer Classic competition in early August that were posted in the Kiss and Cry forum (and not already linked in post #3 in this thread). Mroz's music is not listed in his bio yet so I've included his music below (thanks to YukiNieve for the SP music ID!).

Senior Men SP

1. Jason Brown

3. Richard Dornbush

4. Shotaro Omori

5. Vincent Zhou

6. Douglas Razzano

7. Brandon Mroz ("Europa" by Santana)

8. Keegan Messing

Senior men's free skate

3. Shotaro Omori

7. Brandon Mroz ("Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" by Richard Rodgers)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Jason BROWN has been assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy, which will be his first senior international!

The listed alternates (in alphabetical order) are:
    Grant HOCHSTEIN
    Keegan MESSING
    Brandon MROZ
    Douglas RAZZANO

Ross Miner's new free skate program has a "Boston Strong" theme with music by Michael W. Smith - new article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    The Glory [album by Smith] music and its "Boston Strong" theme have evolved into Miner's free skate program. While the program harkens to the dark day of the bombings, it really focuses on the spirit of the city and how everyone there pulled together in a time of tragedy. Choreographed by Mitchell, the emotional routine has quickly become Miner's favorite. In fact, Miner has gone as far as to say, "It's the best program I've done."

"We're calling [the program] 'Boston Strong,'" Mitchell said. "For us in Boston, it's about how everyone stuck together, and this sense of community that we felt was amazing."
    The article also mentions Miner will open his international season at the Ondrej Nepela Trophy, Oct. 3-5 in Slovakia.

ETA that Brian Krentz will make his Team USA debut in the fourth JGP in Latvia. He was 8th in Junior at 2013 Nationals and has had good competition performances this summer.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-19-2013 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Wrong thread. Sorry!
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Excited for Jason! I really hope he somehow gets a second GP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Excited for Jason! I really hope he somehow gets a second GP!
    I already commented on this in the uber thread, but it might be worth repeating here.

TSL mentioned in this week's This and That that they are now doubting if Lysacek will be in SLC. And they mentioned that the next person in line if Lysacek does WD is Jason. So Jason could end up with two very high-profile Senior Bs. (The USFSA may not very much like the idea of Max, Josh and Jason going head-to-head at this point in the season, though.)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Since Jason is scheduled to compete at Nebelhorn 10 days later, I hope another U.S. man would get a chance for a Senior B if Lysacek doesn't go.

vCash
    Major at Ross Minor's FS "theme".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I already commented on this in the uber thread, but it might be worth repeating here.

TSL mentioned in this week's This and That that they are now doubting if Lysacek will be in SLC. And they mentioned that the next person in line if Lysacek does WD is Jason. So Jason could end up with two very high-profile Senior Bs. (The USFSA may not very much like the idea of Max, Josh and Jason going head-to-head at this point in the season, though.)
    When Evan WDs from Skate America, Jason will totally get that spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    When Evan WDs from Skate America, Jason will totally get that spot.
    Most likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Major at Ross Minor's FS "theme".
    What's wrong with it? And it's Miner, not Minor.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash

U.S. Men news & updates - 2013-14 season

Any news on Johnny, shouldn't he be announcing music IF he plans on competing?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Some hearsay info was posted recently in this thread: Johnny Weir this season

Alex Johnson's bio has been updated with his program music: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100072&mode=I
    SP Music: "Stairway to Heaven" by Rodrigo y Gabriela
    FS Music: "A Nightmare on Elm Street" by DiscoPhantom, "Drowning" by Abel Korzeniowski, "Dinner Waltz" by Alexandre Desplat, "Bernini's Angels" by Kerry Muzzey
    Coaches & Choreographers: Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Any news on Johnny, shouldn't he be announcing music IF he plans on competing?
    People don't still actually believe he's coming back, do they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Alex Johnson's bio has been updated with his program music: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100072&mode=I
    SP Music: "Stairway to Heaven" by Rodrigo y Gabriela
    FS Music: "A Nightmare on Elm Street" by DiscoPhantom, "Drowning" by Abel Korzeniowski, "Dinner Waltz" by Alexandre Desplat, "Bernini's Angels" by Kerry Muzzey
    Coaches & Choreographers: Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren
    Any word on how Alex is doing? Is he back on the ice yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    People don't still actually believe he's coming back, do they?
    Dave and Jenny said they heard he doesn't train that many 3 axels each day and that they aren't always successful either, so given that, and how new his FS program will be, I doubt he'll be at SLC or SA, so if he makes a comeback at all, his first competition will likely be Nationals, and the outcome will likely be Cohen-esque circa 2010. It will be exciting to watch hpw everything pans out, regardless.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    Any word on how Alex is doing? Is he back on the ice yet?
    I don't know, but he (@Alex_M_Johnson) just tweeted today after his doctor's appointment:
    "All good news, so excited! #relieved"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I don't know, but he (@Alex_M_Johnson) just tweeted today after his doctor's appointment:
    "All good news, so excited! #relieved"
    Glad to hear that it is good news. We really enjoyed seeing his breakout performances at Nationals this year. Hopefully Tom Dickson can continue to work his choreographic magic on Alex's programs this season, and he stays healthy. Johnson has been one of those skaters hampered by foot issues over the years, and I suspect, which I think, have held him back both physically and mentally.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    News from Champs Camp, tweeted by @LynnRutherford (link to the Champs Camp news/photos thread):

Jeremy Abbott will skate his short to Lilies of the Valley by Jun Miyake. This music was used in the movie Pina. http://twitpic.com/d9m6kh

A slimmed-down Adam Rippon says his quad Lutz is more & more consistent. He plans it in both his SP & FS. http://twitpic.com/d9ltte
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-22-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast