Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Look on the bright side. Your favorite skater could've been Ilia Kulik.
    There was nothing wrong with the giraffe!

vCash
    Grant Hochstein - bio not yet updated: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100472&mode=I
    SP Music: "La Califfa" by Ennio Morricone (last year's music) - 2013 Skate Detroit video in which he lands his first quad (4T+3T) in comp. & scored 79.89
    FS Music: Selections from Rachmaninoff (begins with "Trio Élégiaque No. 2" and ends with Piano Concerto no. 3) and Dvorak ("Dumky" Trio in the middle) - Skate Detroit video (134.86)
    Coaches & Choreographers: Peter Oppegard, Karen Kwan-Oppegard
    Hochstein has written a new journal entry about Skate Detroit & his special on ice lesson with Michelle Kwan : http://www.figureskatersonline.com/g...nal-080713.htm
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, that was a lovely entry by Grant! I naturally ed at the part of Michelle. So sweet of her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Evan Lysacek: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100081&mode=I
    SP Music: Selections from Black Swan by Clint Mansell
    This just made my day.

We need feathers! Lots of Feathers!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/W...955338301.html
    Last edited by dots; 08-09-2013 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    He could just reuse the Firebird costume. Wrist feathers and all.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Must be so inspiring for Grant to be able to study with one of his all-time biggest idols. So happy for him to be having a strong start to his season. Quad-triple in the short Helps push everyone along to step up their game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    He could just reuse the Firebird costume. Wrist feathers and all.
    ...but only if he wears a tiara.

vCash
    When Hochstein's FS music was playing, I kept wanting to see Michelle skate, not him (in particular during the first and last Rachmaninov pieces). Like Dave Lease said, the risk in using music that has already been used is that you don't want to be wishing you were seeing someone else skate.

vCash
    Absolutely LOVE Dornbush's FS. It has so much flavor. Nice to hear some relatively new(er) music!

I really feel like he's developing his own style. Yay!

vCash
    Adam Rippon has received the TBA at Skate America, according to USFS' press release today: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49428&type=media
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Great news! I was hoping he can get a second GP

vCash
    Adam!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    What's the situation with the skaters who are on the substitute list (or replacement list or whatever you call it)? Where are they on that and how likely are they to get a GP at this stage? *clueless*

vCash
    ^^^ I've re-posted misskarne's question and replied in the Grand Prix Assignments thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3974580

Here's a new Grant Hochstein article that includes a photo of him with the Kween : http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/08/hochstein/

vCash
    I was actually rooting for Alex Johnson at Skate America. After his semi break trhough last year, think he deserves a chance on the GP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    I was actually rooting for Alex Johnson at Skate America. After his semi break trhough last year, think he deserves a chance on the GP.
    Alex Johnson is recovering from an injury. A few days ago, he tweeted that it had been 5 weeks since his surgery.

vCash
    @Alex_M_Johnson tweeted yesterday:
    "Can't believe it's already been 5 weeks since my ankle surgery. Minor setback, major comeback #resilience"

vCash
    Why did they pass over Jason Brown for SA? Adam has had his chances the last few years and hasn't made a breakthrough nationally or internationally. Jason is the future of US Men's skating if he continues improving. It's just like wasting a spot on Caroline Zhang at SA too.

vCash
    Ross Miner and Stephen Carriere (who recently won the U.S. Collegiate title) are scheduled to compete their short programs at Cranberry Open today. I will post if I hear any news.

Also, I recently received a copy of the results from the Vail Invitational club competition in July and Max Aaron's scores look pretty good for a pre-season comp.: 72.07 in SP and 150.58 in FS. This fulfilled his "competition readiness" requirement for his Senior B assignment in Salt Lake City. Ditto for Joshua Farris, who apparently had a somewhat rough pre-season debut in Vail: 54.89 in SP and 120.52 in FS. Re-posting this reply from his über thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    TSL did mention in passing that Josh had a difficult time at Vail and even had to stop his LP partway through because he forgot it Always good to get the glitches out of the way early! On to SLC!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ross Miner and Stephen Carriere (who recently won the U.S. Collegiate title) are scheduled to compete their short programs at Cranberry Open today. I will post if I hear any news.

Also, I recently received a copy of the results from the Vail Invitational club competition in July and Max Aaron's scores look pretty good for a pre-season comp.: 72.07 in SP and 150.58 in FS. This fulfilled his "competition readiness" requirement for his Senior B assignment in Salt Lake City. Ditto for Joshua Farris, who apparently had a somewhat rough pre-season debut in Vail: 54.89 in SP and 120.52 in FS. Re-posting this reply from his über thread:
    Farris has a tendency to "bomb" early summer competitions only to come back strong at his first real competition of the season. Last summer, he had a 68 and a 112 in Vail, then did very well at his 1st JGP where he landed a 4t and 3a-3t in his FS and scored like 146+ for his FS. Then the season prior to that, he again skated like a 112 or 115 FS at Glacier Falls and went on to win his 1st JGP, with almost a 76 point SP. My guess is he doesn't get serious about learning the details of his programs until later in the summer and uses summer competitions as a chance to just get the programs out there, rather than really skate them full-out. If he puts up really low scores in SLC, I'll start to worry, but those kind of marks for him in July are pretty par-for-the-course for him judging from the last few seasons.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast