Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    New article for NBC News; not exactly well written (a non-serious fan could get mixed up and think that Max and Jason were senior contenders for the Olympics 4 years ago).
    Even a fan could get confused. That opening is seriously messed up.

"Max Aaron and Adam Rippon just missed four years ago. Jason Brown and Jeremy Abbott were champions."

Max Aaron didn't just miss the Olympics 4 years ago: he wasn't even in the conversation. He was third in juniors. Jason Brown was a champion? Of juniors. Is this writer crazy?

vCash
    Wow Jason's mom produced the Arsenio Hall Show?

ETA: Aww, Arsenio and baby Jason (?)

vCash
    Just saw a great profile on "Max Aaron" on King 5 News here in Seattle. They interviewed him for about 5 minutes and showed all the hard work that goes into making a great skater, complete with lifting weights and jumping up on huge tall blocks. Lol, that part impressed me the most, Max looked like a frog jumping so high! And it also impressed the newscaster as well.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Just saw a great profile on "Max Aaron" on King 5 News here in Seattle. They interviewed him for about 5 minutes and showed all the hard work that goes into making a great skater, complete with lifting weights and jumping up on huge tall blocks. Lol, that part impressed me the most, Max looked like a frog jumping so high! And it also impressed the newscaster as well.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX!!!!!!!!!
    This is probably the footage you saw:

Twitter:

Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel 44m
    Great @9NEWS video feature on reigning U.S. national champ @MaxTAaron ahead of US Nationals http://www.9news.com/news/article/37...ochi-Max-Aaron … #figureskating

vCash
    Just a question...what has happened to Emanuel Savary? I noticed he isn't skating at Nationals at all. I really enjoy him, did I miss (or more likely forget) about an injury or something. Or did he not qualify?

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookslut View Post
    Just a question...what has happened to Emanuel Savary? I noticed he isn't skating at Nationals at all. I really enjoy him, did I miss (or more likely forget) about an injury or something. Or did he not qualify?
    Did not qualify:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

vCash
    Twitter:

Jackie Wong ‏@examinerskating 10m
    VIDEOS: Top 8 men's free skates from US Natls all up! (Abbott's w/o audio, unfortunately) http://exm.nr/1cYn2Ke #Boston2014

vCash

vCash
    Ross Miner is competing at Gardena Spring Trophy in Italy this weekend and is in second place after the SP.

From Sarah and Drew's latest "Inside Edge" blog: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...the-red-carpet
    Miner says he views the [Gardena] competition more like the first of next season than the last of this one.

"I'm looking more towards next season," he said by phone Sunday. "I'm having a lot more fun at the rink and skating better."

Miner's season was hampered by a sprained right ankle he suffered in December. The injury isn't completely healed, but the ankle is improving.

"It's much, much better, and I've gotten a chance to train," he said. "I'd like to take a week at the end of this year to not jump. Maybe while I'm getting choreography."

After a disappointing season, Miner has rekindled his love for skating in the past two months; he's also taking a law and psychology course at the Harvard Extension School.

"I had a lot more fun, and I started coaching some, and I started taking some classes," he said. "I was enjoying skating for skating again; it was fun to be at the rink. I'm having a really good time skating right now, and I definitely want to be competing at 2016 worlds in Boston, for sure. I just want to keep enjoying skating, and while I'm doing that, I want to keep going."
    ETA: Making their international debuts in the Junior Men's event at Gardena are Tony Lu (J7 at Nationals; he landed a 3A+ in his 1st place SP earlier today) and U.S. Novice Men's champ Paolo Borromeo (in 3rd).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-30-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia for posting this info on Ross Minor....it made my day. I was hoping that his injuries last year wouldn't end his career. I really enjoy Ross and can see improvements in his presentation. I was very touched by his Boston Strong FS at Nationals. Though not what he wanted technically, I felt it came straight from his heart. Very glad to hear his ankle is healing and skating is more fun. Now I'm going to have to check out the K&C for info on this competition.

vCash
    Yes, I too was glad to hear Ross is continuing. I'm a fan of his, despite the last two disappointing seasons. Hopefully he can come back strong and make a solid run for 2016 Worlds. He is so popular in Boston, it would be great to see him at Boston Worlds. I'm wondering if he might benefit from a "skating vacation" this summer in Colorado Springs--maybe work with Christy Krall or Tom Z on jump technique. I don't think he should change coaches, as he is clearly very at home and comfortable in Boston, but maybe some fresh technical input during the summer might be valuable.

vCash
    Sure hope Ross has a great new season. I wish there was some way to better protect the guys from injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Sure hope Ross has a great new season. I wish there was some way to better protect the guys from injury.
    Well, I would look into different boots...

vCash
    Richard Dornbush confirmed on Twitter a few days ago that he is planning to compete this year.

He had this exchange on Twitter with his training mate and fellow U.S. senior level competitor, Shotaro Omori, on April 1st:
    In a very sad training accident today, @sho_om accidentally cut off my arm while attempting a reverse backside 180 in his new program. Woops
    Omori's reply:
    I'll just keep this as a souvenir... ����#FreeArm #trainingaccident #needahand? @RichardDornbush http://pic.twitter.com/RxdF16wgQ4
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, I missed all that. Thanks, Sylvia! Very happy to have the confirmation!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Canadian ladies Łber
    vCash
    Go Richard! I just found his twitter feed today and was going to post this news. I hope he has a great season and takes advantage of the third spot

vCash
    I'm glad Ricky is continuing - I figured he wouldn't because he's supposed to be starting school full-time so that's a nice surprise. He's been a lot of fun on Twitter lately.

vCash
    Dornbush also tweeted a few days ago that he was headed to Vancouver - his choreographer Mark Pillay is based there.

Gardena Spring Trophy results this past weekend (Kiss and Cry section is now open to all): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...rch-28-30-2014

Senior Men's final standings:
    2 Ross MINER USA 210.08 2 2

Junior Men's final standings:
    1 Tony LU USA 166.79 1 2
    2 Paolo BORROMEO USA 164.63 3 1

vCash
    I'm glad that Dornbush is continuing, as well.
    Wishing him well in the 2015 season,

vCash
    Happy he's still in the game. I wish him all the best this 14-15 season

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast