vCash

Becky Bereswill cast in Disney on Ice's Frozen

Congratulations to Becky Bereswill.

From FSO:

BREAKING NEWS!

Figure Skaters Online is pleased to announce that Becky Bereswill has been cast in the role of "Elsa" for the upcoming North American tour of "Disney on Ice presents Frozen". The tour will debut in September in Orlando, Florida. More information can be on found on https://www.facebook.com/DisneyOnIce and http://www.disneyonice.com/

vCash
    Aww, happy news! Good for Becky!

vCash
    Aw ... nice!

vCash
    For anyone who is interested: Disney on Ice is now offering a Facebook promotion to get "Frozen" tickets early. The promo code is SOCIAL. Right now, the Disney on Ice site does not allow you to buy tickets; however, you can get them from your particular venue. What worked for the Wells Fargo Center in Philly seems to have worked for other cities: I went into the site, clicked on Tickets and then on Promo Code, and when I entered SOCIAL, it took me right to the Frozen ticket sales. We got great VIP floor seats for a good price using this code. You can check out the available cities and dates at the Disney Site, but go through your venue for the actual tickets. Here is the Disney site to check out available locations and dates: http://www.disneyonice.com/#/search/...=&utm_content=

DON'T link directly to the event on your venue site, it will not get you to the early tickets, you have to go through promo code or something similar (Philly tickets otherwise are not available until June 24th). ENJOY!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Darn. Looks like the show is staying in the East, at least for now. I think my nieces and nephews would like it.

Great for Becky. She's got the ice princess thing all down.

vCash
    Before I opened the thread I thought surely she must be Elsa, a perfect piece of casting!

vCash
    NY Times article: ‘Frozen’ Will Be a Disney on Ice Show, Too, Riding a Blockbuster’s Wave
    Excerpt:
    The Disney on Ice production of “Frozen” will be the skating equivalent of a touring Broadway musical, requiring a cast of 39 performers and nine tractor-trailers to move from city to city. Feld Entertainment, which holds the license for Disney on Ice, said patrons could expect a blizzard created by 20 snow machines, a stage inspired by a six-sided snowflake and towering video projection panels that, among other things, would simulate the movie’s jagged North Mountains. The tour will start in Orlando, Fla.
    Disney on Ice shows are typically made up of vignettes from various Disney films — a “Pinocchio” sketch here, a “Toy Story” number there. But the “Frozen” tour, in part because the movie’s story already involves ice, will be 98 percent based on Elsa and her princess sister, Anna, along with pals like Olaf, a wisecracking snowman, and Sven, a loyal reindeer. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will bookend the show. Rehearsals begin in July and tickets go on sale Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw715 View Post
    Figure Skaters Online is pleased to announce that Becky Bereswill has been cast in the role of "Elsa" for the upcoming North American tour of "Disney on Ice presents Frozen". ...
    Link to the announcement: https://www.facebook.com/FSOnline/ph...318540/?type=1

ETA:
    I looked up the tour dates (Sept. 2014 to May 2015) and 16 states are currently listed online, including Texas, where Bereswill is from originally. Disney On Ice's Facebook replied to comments, stating that Frozen is a "2 year, 70-city, North American tour. We will start our trek to our west coast tour in 2015, so there are more cities to come!"
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-24-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It's coming to my city in the fall. We can't get SOI but we get Frozen, lol.

vCash
    I predict this will be the biggest Disney on Ice show ever.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw715 View Post

From FSO:

BREAKING NEWS!

Figure Skaters Online is pleased to announce that Becky Bereswill has been cast in the role of "Elsa" for the upcoming North American tour of "Disney on Ice presents Frozen". The tour will debut in September in Orlando, Florida. More information can be on found on https://www.facebook.com/DisneyOnIce and http://www.disneyonice.com/
    Wait, so has Becky retired from competitive skating?

vCash
    If it was only coming to California! My two year old would die. He is obsessed with Elsa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    If it was only coming to California! My two year old would die. He is obsessed with Elsa.
    On facebook it says they will next year. They can only cover so much ground

vCash
    Where's the schedule?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Disney on Ice always does the Eastern States/Canada tour the first year of a show and the Western and Midwest States tour the second year. Typically a show will go to Europe the third year and Asia the fourth year. After that it could go to Central and South America, or Africa, or Eastern Europe, or back to the U.S.

vCash
    We are very lucky in Australia that the skating associations here get to organise a pre-show that our local skaters get to skate in in each of the major cities. It is a very nice opportunity for our skaters.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    Wait, so has Becky retired from competitive skating?
    That's my assumption. She will lose her eligibility by skating with Disney on Ice, but she has the option of reinstating one time, if she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Where's the schedule?
    Try: http://mobile.disneyonice.com/tour-s...ml?show=DOI-34
    I thought I saw Montreal on the schedule a few days ago, but it's not listed now.

I'm guessing that Taylor Firth may have been cast as "Anna" - it looks like her face (framed by the brown braids) in this DOI publicity photo on Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/oOGBdlCAmX/
    Firth has been performing with DOI for a while, including in "Toy Story 3" (Jessie the Cowgirl) and "Rockin' Ever After" (Merida in "Brave").
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm glad Becky is capping off her career with a sweet gig. She had some nice qualities in her skating and was sooo willowy

vCash
    Lots of info in the latest "Inside Edge" blog about Disney On Ice presents Frozen:

The Inside Edge: 'Frozen' makes natural move to ice
    Bereswill and Firth to skate leading roles in ice version of Disney hit
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/06/02/77877500
    Excerpt:
    Any story with princesses must of course include a ball scene, and Frozen is no exception. In the Disney show, several couples will be waltzing on the ice, displaying correct compulsory waltz steps taught to them by Olympic silver medalist ice dancer [Ben] Agosto.

"I would be remiss if I didn't bring in some swing rolls and some waltz threes," Agosto said, laughing. "I dreaded compulsories until the very end of my career. And now it's one of the things I miss doing at a high level. The idea of having a dozen couples doing waltz steps, I'm really excited about it. That'll be where most of my energy will be spent. Well, maybe not most, but a lot!"

Agosto previously worked on choreography for two Disney shows, Dare To Dream and Rockin' Ever After. As he prepares to work with [Cindy] Stuart and the cast of Frozen, he has also just moved to Scottsdale, Ariz., where he is the new director of ice dance at the Ice Den.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    There will be stops in Montreal and Toronto March Break of 2015 according to this article: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...real-1.1831343

vCash
    This is great, I love the movie!