Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Was this the video you saw? It was filmed in Park City, Utah (during the Olympic Media Summit) - comedian Pete Holmes learning to skate with Gracie Gold and Max Aaron: http://peteholmes.com/video/pete-holmes-learns-to-skate

ETA: Holmes to Gracie: "Are you okay with swearing?"
    Gracie: "Yeah, I'm 18 now!"
    Holmes to Gracie: "Lose the 'tude, young lady! ... Your sarcasm is palpable"

Also on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SuHhiI4vM
    That was pretty funny! I love how he kept threatening to kill/attack both of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    What indicates that?

Great piece by the way!
    Just the fact that those are the only one's that are highlighted. I think the sponsors are pushing those whom they feel the U.S. Federation is backing. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    The people who make these videos don't choose the teams. They bet on the 'favorites'. But as Dan (of Dan and Dave) or Rockne could tell you, being a favorite doesn't get you to the Olympics, no matter how much fluff and gigantic soda sponsorship you have.

The ladies in the video were Wagner, Gao, and Zawadzki. So you think Gold is going to be the alternate because she wasn't in it????
    Um, no I don't think Gold is going to be an alternate. Perhaps in an alternate universe. You overlooked the fact that Gracie is IN the video.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Um, no I don't think Gold is going to be an alternate. Perhaps in an alternate universe. You overlooked the fact that Gracie is IN the video.
    Someone already corrected me that I missed her.

I don't think the video indicates anything.

vCash
    These pre Olympic media segments are inspiring and fun to watch. It really showcases the ability of some skaters to demonstrate their maturity and performance sense beyond purely choreographed and trained routines.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KWH9IvvO0eg

Gracie's NHK SP if you haven't seen it. Not her strongest skate, but I agree with the Eurosport commentator- she's a joy to watch most of the time (and since she switched to Frank she's certainly improved I have found myself enjoying her much more personally), but that music is still Still, she's found herself in fourth.

vCash
    Hopefully Gracie can nail her LP and get on the podium. Making the GPF isn't that big of a deal for her at this point she just needs to compete better. Nationals is when she will need to bring it.

vCash
    I agree - not the end of the world if Gold misses GPF. Wagner OTOH will almost certainly make it barring meltdown next week. GPF last year was where she had that freak fall...

vCash
    I do hope that Gracie knocks it out of the park though tomorrow. She has it in her as we've seen from last season.

vCash
    It would be cool, sure, but if she doesn't I wouldn't predict her doom either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    It would be cool, sure, but if she doesn't I wouldn't predict her doom either.
    Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of others who do, lol!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of others who do, lol!
    They're predicting her doom already. If doom-and-gloom should arrive for doing a 62+ SP, then what about the rest of the U.S. Ladies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    They're predicting her doom already. If doom-and-gloom should arrive for doing a 62+ SP, then what about the rest of the U.S. Ladies?
    Lost causes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Someone already corrected me that I missed her.

I don't think the video indicates anything.
    I think that it does. The favorites imo are clear. That might change come Nationals though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    . Making the GPF isn't that big of a deal for her at this point she just needs to compete better. Nationals is when she will need to bring it.
    Who is the GPF a big deal for then?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Who is the GPF a big deal for then?!
    The ISU?

vCash
    Mirai. Granted she always has bad first GP outings, but this was really rough.

Title-less
    vCash
    This year could be USFS's worst GP series outing for ladies in a while. With 4 of the gps gone, the ladies have bagged only one silver and one bronze.
    Why is that happening? I think it's because USFS, unlike the savvy Russian federation, has been slow to position talented upcomers for gp assignments or encourage them to do seniors (case in point, Angela Wang). The girls who are not in peak form go out there and end up 4th, 5th, 6th, last etc etc, slowing the team's momentum. (e.g. Agnes, Zhang, etc)

eta:
    2009-2010 gps: 3 silver, 1 bronze
    2010-2011 gps: 1 gold, 3 silvers, 2 bronze
    2011-2012: 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze
    2012-2013: 2 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze

eta: the second half of the season can very well turn out differently for US ladies, but this is not a good start
    Last edited by jlai; 11-09-2013 at 04:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    This year could be USFS's worst GP series outing for ladies in a while. With 4 of the gps gone, the ladies have bagged only one silver and one bronze.

eta:
    2009-2010 gps: 3 silver, 1 bronze
    2010-2011 gps: 1 gold, 3 silvers, 2 bronze
    2011-2012: 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze
    2012-2013: 2 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze
    The average of the above is 5 medals/year, and there is still an outside shot at the average. To keep from being "the worst" we'd need 4, which I think is totally doable.

There is a very good chance Ashley will medal next week in the slightly-weaker field at TEB. Heck, with the true competitors being Pogorilaya and Sotnikova, Gao might end up with a medal as well. (I'm not sure Cesario has a real shot, but if the stars align...)

And even though I'm not going to put any money on it, Agnes could medal at CoR, I suppose, if she gets her sh*t together.

As for Mirai, I refuse to "write her off", but my expectations are low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    As for Mirai, I refuse to "write her off", but my expectations are low.
    Basically how I feel as well.

vCash
    I agree with your post Toddlj. The USFSA needs to make some changes. I noticed this year they seem to be monitoring the junior ladies. They were shuffling them around. Why don't they do that to the senior girls.

I am wondering how much monitoring is going on at Champs Camp. I think they need to make these ladies do more then just show their programs. They need to make it a competition. There could be a SP or a LP competition. These girls need more competition. Also at Champs camp they need to have more past champions speaking to the next generation. We have some girl such as Michelle, Sarah, Tara who were great competitors. Maybe they can past on what they did in the past to conquer their nerves.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast