Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Agnes is about as nimble as a pile of cement. Without clean jumps, she's not going to Sochi. With that said, her jumps, when on, are perhaps my favorite out of anyone in the world.

Do we know how Gao is looking? Funny that she's flown under the radar so far this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Agnes is about as nimble as a pile of cement. Without clean jumps, she's not going to Sochi. With that said, her jumps, when on. are perhaps my favorite out of anyone in the world.
    Her jumps are gorgeous...when she lands them. I definitely feel she's the best jumper in the US. Nice speed, excellent height and a good riding edge with a lovely extended check on her landing, plus she holds her landings for a beat too. Gracie's jumps are great except for her landing position which (like the rest of her skating) is very stiff and not extended or sustained for any length of time. Hopefully that's something she'll work on in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Her jumps are gorgeous...when she lands them. I definitely feel she's the best jumper in the US. Nice speed, excellent height and a good riding edge with a lovely extended check on her landing, plus she holds her landings for a beat too. .
    Courtney's right up there too, IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Courtney's right up there too, IMHO.
    I feel her jumping form is quite ugly for an elite ladies skater.

vCash
    Agnes has great jumps when she lands them for sure, but that doesnt matter much when she continues to dissapoint and only make 3 of those triples cleanly per long program rather than the 6 or 7 someone with virtually flawless jump technique SHOULD be making, and when there is nothing else in her skating besides jumps that is more than ordinary to hold her up when she fails to deliver atleast half of her jumps in every long program. Then again U.S judges love her. She bombed her long program the last 2 years at nationals and still won bronze, which next year would mean a trip to the Olympics. So perhaps she doesnt even have to skate well at Nationals to get that 3rd spot, especialy if she has her usual strong short program to get a big lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I feel her jumping form is quite ugly for an elite ladies skater.
    Yeah I find her jumps very ugly aswell. I am not trying to put her down, but although big, the jumps have a wonky unpleasing air position. Her landing position is less than stellar aswell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Yeah I find her jumps very ugly aswell. I am not trying to put her down, but although big, the jumps have a wonky unpleasing air position. Her landing position is less than stellar aswell.
    Her entries are also quite ugly.

Title-less
    vCash
    I am not a big Courtney fan but I think her strengths are often underrated. She can spin fast, skate fast and her edges are deeper than Cesario's, Gracie's or Agnes'. But this is US ladies! It's posture and form all the way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Her entries are also quite ugly.
    But on the scoresheet, ugly outscores underrotated!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I want to see Hicks skate WITHOUT the over-the-boot tights. I can't get past how ugly they look. Plain white skates could make a difference....or at least an aesthetic improvement.

Love Angela Wangs skating but can't get past the over-the-boot tights on her either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I want to see Hicks skate WITHOUT the over-the-boot tights. I can't get past how ugly they look. Plain white skates could make a difference....or at least an aesthetic improvement.

Love Angela Wangs skating but can't get past the over-the-boot tights on her either.
    I think the short and short limbed skaters think OTB tights make their lines look longer, when in reality, it just makes their ankles look awkward and clunky. White boots is a better look for all skaters IMO, regardless of how long or how short their legs may be.

vCash
    I'm truly terrified...
    I am truly looking forward to different music… be it with or without lyrics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I think the short and short limbed skaters think OTB tights make their lines look longer, when in reality, it just makes their ankles look awkward and clunky. White boots is a better look for all skaters IMO, regardless of how long or how short their legs may be.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    But on the scoresheet, ugly outscores underrotated!
    Yeah, well, she does get great height and some good distance on all of her jumps, which is why she gets all those GOEs despite some ugly aspects to her jumps.

vCash
    ..., but although big, the jumps have a wonky unpleasing air position. Her landing position is less than stellar aswell.
    Whose jumps do you like then? Gracie's jumps come to a jolting, abrupt halt and she is stiff as a board (both jumps and general skating as well).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I am not a big Courtney fan but I think her strengths are often underrated. She can spin fast, skate fast and her edges are deeper than Cesario's, Gracie's or Agnes'.
    Definitely.

vCash
    I've posted some summer competition scores in the news thread in Kiss and Cry, along with a video of Christina Gao's FS debut yesterday: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3975256
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I think Christina's FS is absolutely lovely and definitely that little something extra she'll need to stand out this season. It's a much better program than anything else we've seen from the US senior ladies so far.

Christina is like the Akiko Suzuki of the US ladies: much better than she gets credit for and consistently under-appreciated. With Ashley and Gracie as the front-runners this season and the obvious favoritism for Agnes, what are Christina's chances of actually making the team? I'm thinking upping her technical content (3F-3T, possibly in both programs) should help her get over that first hump. Her SP from last season was great and with the added difficulty I would think the judges may show her a little more respect...that's the second hump. She gets no respect, especially from the US judges. Christina's FS looks great and with solid jumps I just don't see how they could overlook/crap on her again...though I wouldn't put it past them.

I really hope Christina goes H.A.M. this season and shows these judges that she is a great skater and deserves the respect they so frequently deny her.

vCash
    I think Christina's FS is absolutely lovely and definitely that little something extra she'll need to stand out this season. It's a much better program than anything else we've seen from the US senior ladies so far.

Christina is like the Akiko Suzuki of the US ladies: much better than she gets credit for and consistently under-appreciated. With Ashley and Gracie as the front-runners this season and the obvious favoritism for Agnes, what are Christina's chances of actually making the team? I'm thinking upping her technical content (3F-3T, possibly in both programs) should help her get over that first hump. Her SP from last season was great and with the added difficulty I would think the judges may show her a little more respect...that's the second hump. She gets no respect, especially from the US judges. Christina's FS looks great and with solid jumps I just don't see how they could overlook/crap on her again...though I wouldn't put it past them.

I really hope Christina goes H.A.M. this season and shows these judges that she is a great skater and deserves the respect they so frequently deny her.
    To be honest Gao didn't really distinguish herself from the other top US Ladies until last season. Before then she was rather average as a Senior skater.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    I like Christina's program. Reminds me of Lu Chen in 1994 which I liked a lot.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast