Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    If she skates two clean programs, it's definitely possible. Her scores at Nebelhorn were quite good for flawed programs early in the season.

jlai, I think Edmunds could surprise as well, but it's hard to know how she'll handle the pressure of her first senior Nationals also being the Olympic trials. That, and the U.S. judges don't show her much love (her junior FS last season being a prime example. ).
    Edmunds got hit hard by UR's in her LP last year at Nationals but still won. If clean she will get the scores since she's one of the skaters to watch after Sochi and the USFSA wants to push her. As for pressure since no one expects her to get on the podium there shouldn't be much pressure. If she skates lights out it will be interesting where they will place her.

vCash
    It most certainly will!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I hope some ladies are motivated to keep training for the World Championships. I don't think all three who go to the Olympics will go to Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    sad Caroline Zhang hasn't been mentioned and has gone with the wind

Read on another forum that she trains a lot with Grant H., US mens single skater. Another poster who had seen a run through says she will surprise a lot of people in Boston. It was only in 2012 that she had a bronze over Murakami at 4CC, and she got a bad controller call in Omaha which cost her a lot of points.

Title-less
    vCash
    During the last 8-9 years, many jr ladies medalists placed top 5 in seniors the next year. This was esp true of many of the strong jumpers who placed in jr ladies.

2004 jr ladies champ Meissner - 3rd in senior the following year
    2006 jr ladies silver medalist Flatt - 5th in senior the following year
    2007 jr ladies - top three placed on podium next year in seniors
    2009 Gao - third in jrs and 5th in seniors next year
    2010 Agnes - first in jrs and 4th next year in senior
    2012 - Gold - first in jrs and second in senior next year

So chances look pretty good for Edmunds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    I hope some ladies are motivated to keep training for the World Championships. I don't think all three who go to the Olympics will go to Worlds.
    I think all three (who ever they are) would be mad not to go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    Really? I wouldn't expect any of them to sit Worlds out, not even post-Olympic Worlds. It's not like they've all had endless chances and opportunities to compete there. The only way I could see that happening is if someone like Alissa got the third spot and wanted to go out on a high note by having a final performance at the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Edmunds got hit hard by UR's in her LP last year at Nationals but still won. If clean she will get the scores since she's one of the skaters to watch after Sochi and the USFSA wants to push her. As for pressure since no one expects her to get on the podium there shouldn't be much pressure. If she skates lights out it will be interesting where they will place her.
    I think a lot will depend on how she does at the JGPF, and especially on the UR calls. If she medals and doesn't get any URs (if she gets a lot it could give her a Mirai-like reputation with the judges, it won't help) that could give her a big boost reputation-wise.

vCash
    I agree, it seems the one thing USFS won't tolerate is a lady with questionable UR jumps. Wagner, Gold, Gao, Zawadski, Hicks are all quite good about getting full rotations if they haven't made an outright mistake. I think that's why they are on top in USFS eyes, in Zawadzki's case they are placing her high even with mutiple outright mistakes. Edmunds, Cesario and Nagasu will need to prove they are unquestionably clean jumpers over the course of this season if they want to be considered for the Olympic team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I think all three (who ever they are) would be mad not to go!
    When the podium from last season's Worlds are not to attend that Worlds, any medal is up for grabs really.

vCash
    ^^^ huh?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I think Marco meant to say last year's podium of Kim, Kostner, and Asada won't attend Worlds after they presumably medal at the Olympics.

I believe only Kim has said outright that Sochi will be her last competition.

vCash
    And the plot thickens: Zawadzki is back with Tom Zakrajsek...

vCash
    Link to the news thread in GSD: Agnes Zawadzki changes coaches back to Tom Zakrajsek

Hannah Miller is making her international season debut this week at the JGP in Estonia - link to her latest blog entry on her official site: http://figureskatersonline.com/hannahmiller/main/blog/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-09-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    And the plot thickens: Zawadzki is back with Tom Zakrajsek...
    Why so? Not really...she seemed D&O after her finish at that fluff event a couple of weeks ago, saying she needed to "go back to the drawing board"...

If she feels most comfortable with TZ, that's fine. Her problem appears to be more mental than anything else, so IMHO that's where she should dedicate most of her resources to. Then again, acknowledging you have a particular problem is one thing (which she has done)...but knowing how to EFFECTIVELY deal with said problem is another. And not an easy thing to figure out at all.

Best of luck to her...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Why so? Not really...she seemed D&O after her finish at that fluff event a couple of weeks ago, saying she needed to "go back to the drawing board"...

If she feels most comfortable with TZ, that's fine. Her problem appears to be more mental than anything else, so IMHO that's where she should dedicate most of her resources to. Then again, acknowledging you have a particular problem is one thing (which she has done)...but knowing how to EFFECTIVELY deal with said problem is another. And not an easy thing to figure out at all.

Best of luck to her...
    ITA. Well said

vCash
    What is Agnes doing? She wasn't successful under Tom Zzzz in the first place and that's why she switched to Krall, so going back to the coach you weren't successful with is just going backwards.

Like RD said, she needs a sport psychologist, not a new coach. I hate it when skaters blame everything around them for their issues except for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Hannah Miller is making her international season debut this week at the JGP in Estonia - link to her latest blog entry on her official site: http://figureskatersonline.com/hannahmiller/main/blog/
    Thank you for that. Hannah is so cute!
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I hate it when skaters blame everything around them for their issues except for themselves.
    I don't know if they "aren't blaming themselves" or trying to point fingers and make excuses. I think with regression and the potential to lose something it's normal to want to return to things that worked (or worked better) in the past. Whether that's a good move or not depends on the situation. In Agnes's case, I hope it's the right decision for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    What is Agnes doing? She wasn't successful under Tom Zzzz in the first place and that's why she switched to Krall, so going back to the coach you weren't successful with is just going backwards.
    I beg to differ, she was successful with him, as the following post I posted in the main forum verifies:

Well to clarify the difference between GG (whom I didn't agree with when she swtiched coaches) versus Agnes Z. (whom I do agree with) is #1 the latter is going back to her original coach, the one with whom she became the 2010 Jr. National Champion, 2010 Jr. World Silver Medalist, and 2011 Sr. National Pewter Medalist.

Here's hoping going back to her original stomping grounds (figure of speech) and original coach will help Agnes attain a bit of consistency and self-confidence.

Also Max Aaron has the same coach, and skating on the same ice with him can only be encouraging and motivating. jmho.

ps: not to be ungrateful, I think David Santee and Christy Kall did wonders for Agnes in terms of her being the full package. I loved the "look" she had while with them.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast