Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    What's wrong with being short?!
    I assume what Jammers means is that she wasn't going to go through puberty, get taller and with wider hips, and then have trouble with her triples.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Gracie Gold's coaching change to Frank Carroll is now official - link to USFS' press release posted in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4001463

Ashley Cain will make her senior international debut at Nebelhorn Trophy early tomorrow (Thursday) morning - her exact times listed on the schedule are 13:50:40 - 13:57:30 in Germany (7:50 am Eastern time).

Polina Edmunds drew #3 and Barbie Long #22 of 29 - Jr. Ladies SP in Minsk, Belarus will take place tomorrow morning Eastern time.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    This probably is the best move for Gracie but i can't help wondering how long Frank will coach her. Doesn't he want to retire? I think Gracie should not worry about making the GPF and just get herself together for Nationals. Making the Olympic team should be her one and only goal after all this.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think Gracie should not worry about making the GPF and just get herself together for Nationals. Making the Olympic team should be her one and only goal after all this.

Why just Gracie?

Maybe "all" US ladies shouldn't worry about making the GPF and get themselves together for nationals since making the Olympic team is the goal of "all" US ladies.

Gracie should try for all the competition experience she can get since she has the "least experience" of all top US ladies.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 09-26-2013 at 03:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Edmunds didn't get to go to junior world because she didn't have a qualifying score to go.
    Whether she deserved to go I don't know but she should have gotten an opportunity to get a qualifying score

eta: I feel bad for Wang who lost out of an opportunity to go to junior world 2 years in a row.
    First time she placed high enough but the spot went to the person who placed behind her (but went to jgpf), but the year Wang went to jgpf, the spot went to the person who placed higher.
    Yeah, it's confusing when the criteria always change. I mean, in 2012 sending Lam ended up being a bad call because she didn't do well at JW (13th place, and she had a bit of a meltdown at the JGPF too), but I pretty much think this past year sending Siraj allowed USFS from picking between Miller and Wang, who were 10th and 9th at Nationals, but 2nd and 4th at JGPF, picking one over the other would be favoritism, so either they would have to both have been sent (which would have meant Hicks would go to 4CC instead and Gao would have gotten nothing or gone to JW again and bumped Cesario from getting anything).

Then for JGPs, year after year they base assignments almost exclusively on Nationals results which always proves to be a bad call with at least some of the skaters, and only for Gracie was there an exception made, in that she was sent to a JGP without having made nationals the season before. Agnes had done the exact same thing 2 seasons before, tearing up summer competitions the season following the one she didn't qualify for Nationals for, and she didn't get sent. I think the Nationals results thing is kind of dumb but it would be better if there was a more clear selection process. Seems like things are always flip-flopping.

vCash
    They should just cave in to the modern age and designate two summer club competitions in each region to be the jgp "qualifier."
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    They should just cave in to the modern age and designate two summer club competitions in each region to be the jgp "qualifier."
    But that would just make so much sense so of course that wouldn't happen?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Why just Gracie?

Maybe "all" US ladies shouldn't worry about making the GPF and get themselves together for nationals since making the Olympic team is the goal of "all" US ladies.

Gracie should try for all the competition experience she can get since she has the "least experience" of all top US ladies.
    No, that's not going to work. The other girls don't have the luxury of picking and choosing whether or not to make the Final b/c they need the credibility points to help their case of getting on the team. Gracie, barring a meltdown of epic proportions, is almost guaranteed a spot on the team. The only other person who can boast those kind of odds is Ashley...everyone else needs to kick ass on the GP and try as hard as they can to make the Final.

vCash
    They ALL need to work hard, *none* can rest on their past laurels, it's a brand new season, and it's going to be a dogfight at Nationals.

Even past Olympic Champions need to work hard, no one is guaranteed a spot on the Olympic Team, NO ONE. Finito!

May the best one(s) win!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Courtney Hicks has been added to Skate Canada! http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4002572
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    She deserves it! To the victor go the spoils!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I have hope that the U.S. Challenge in Salt Lake will eventually be used to decide the last few JGP spots, though not the initial ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Courtney Hicks has been added to Skate Canada! http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4002572

woot! She gets a GP finally!

vCash
    Fabulous News
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    As the Grand Prix events approach, I would expect the odds will continue to rise for more changes in rosters, so alternates should keep themselves ready to go

vCash
    Finally, she gets rewarded!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Congratulations to Ashley Cain on medaling (bronze, 2nd in FS today) in her senior international debut!

ETA: Oops, I didn't mean to leave out Polina Edmunds who won her second JGP gold medal and has qualified for the Final!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-28-2013 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    ETA: Oops, I didn't mean to leave out Polina Edmunds who won her second JGP gold medal and has qualified for the Final!
    Polina!! She's on a roll!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Is Polina competing at Nationals in Boston as a Senior? If so, and she continues to deliver, I could see her (as I did at the end of last season for her) as a contender for the third spot on the Oly Team.

Yeah yeah, I know, Courtney blahblahjumpcakes, but Polina is a much more aesthetically appealing skater, and should she kill it at the JGPF and at Nats, I'd much rather see her in Sochi than Courtney's posture and lumbering across the ice with her damned over-the-boot tights that make her feet look like cinder blocks.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Is Polina competing at Nationals in Boston as a Senior? If so, and she continues to deliver, I could see her (as I did at the end of last season for her) as a contender for the third spot on the Oly Team.

Yeah yeah, I know, Courtney blahblahjumpcakes, but Polina is a much more aesthetically appealing skater, and should she kill it at the JGPF and at Nats, I'd much rather see her in Sochi than Courtney's posture and lumbering across the ice with her damned over-the-boot tights that make her feet look like cinder blocks.
    Why not Polina and Courtney for Sochi? Both are kicking butt this season!!

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast