Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Very interesting. Happy for Cesario, but the mind wanders to the grassy knoll...
    Would Hicks have been a threat to Wagner?
    Yes!

vCash
    Why did the USFSA pass up Jason for Adam? Rippon has reached his peak as far as i'm concerned. Jason is the future of US skating if he continues to improve. And why didn't they give Courtney Hicks SKam instead of Cesario? Hicks has been on fire this summer. I guess the USFS really wants Wagner to make the GP final since she will have no competition at all from Zhang or Cesario.

vCash
    Well, truth be told, Cesario was 4th at Junior Worlds last year, and Hicks was 5th. On top of that, the difference in PCS is pretty large. Courtney sure can jump, but I don't think she's ready for the senior circuit. IMO, Cesario has a more mature look and feel and is a little past the junior level just by that. Hicks can certainly jump, but I don't think she would break out of low 6's for PCS...she was barely breaking high 5's at the JWC (http://www.isuresults.com/results/wj..._FS_Scores.pdf)

I do wonder if this USFSA telling Courtney she's not in it for a spot on the Oly/World team though...hmm

As to those talking about Czisny, I think it's still too early to speculate. AFAIK She was doing 3T's regularly only about a month ago (I got that from Adam Rippon's TSL Interview), and I don't think she'll be competing on the Grand Prix at all. However, she can still pull a Michelle Kwan and have a moment at U.S. Nationals. Only time will tell!

Title-less
    vCash
    I highly doubt they think Cesario is in the running for Sochi and Hicks isnt. More likely that the deicison came before Glacier Falls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Yes!
    Actually I don't think so. Hicks has great technical prowess but Wagner would almost certainly come out on top in the PCS. Unless Wagner melted down, but based on her competitive history that would be an unlikely occurrence.

IMHO Gold is the only serious threat to Wagner AT THIS POINT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49428&type=media

Thrilled for Cesario but really surprised. I wonder if Hicks will go back to the JGP after all.
    Quite surprised that USFS did not hold off on filling SA slots until after Champs Camp concludes at the end of next week.

vCash
    I assume the ladies' decision was made before Champs Camp so that either Cesario or Hicks could be invited to the camp in Colorado Springs next week.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Excellent decision by USFS in my book. I think Cesario is a stunning, mature skater on the ice and consistent in competition. I am very excited about her if she can stay injury free. Hicks will have her day no doubt..and hopefully will be working hard on her presentation skills this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why did the USFSA pass up Jason for Adam?
    Politics? as usual in most of their questionable decisions..

vCash
    If people want to complain (or say anything else) about the men/pairs/dance TBA selections, here's the link to the Skate America TBA spots discussion thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ots-discussion

Another thread in the Trash Can features SP and FS videos of a talented Intermediate level skater named Tessa Hong at the Glacier Falls club competition: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...sing-Star-quot
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Get it Sam!!!!!!!

I love her sassy new SP

vCash
    Yay! Finally, she gets what she deserves. Huge step forward for her..many congrats Samantha!

Title-less
    vCash
    If Hicks doesnt get a gp will she be the first pewter medalist without one?
    I wish GP werent such an elitist club
    Last edited by jlai; 08-16-2013 at 04:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I assume the ladies' decision was made before Champs Camp so that either Cesario or Hicks could be invited to the camp in Colorado Springs next week.
    That is Hicks could not be invited to Champs Camp, either.

vCash
    Would Hicks be eligible for Nebelhorn or Finlandia? Maybe she could start getting some credibility for the season that way ...

vCash
    Im happy for Cesario

vCash
    Cranberry Open Senior Ladies SP 1-3 yesterday: Christina Gao 60.52 (last season's music, 3T3T?, 2A, 3Lo), Yasmin Siraj 54.60, Kiri Baga 49.14

ETA that Agnes Zawadzki competed at the Vail Invitational back in July (to fulfill her competition readiness requirement for the SLC Senior B) - her scores there were 65.05 in SP, 108.05 in FS, 173.10 total.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-17-2013 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Cranberry Open Senior Ladies SP 1-3 yesterday: Christina Gao 60.52 (last season's music, 3T3T?, 2A, 3Lo), Yasmin Siraj 54.60, Kiri Baga 49.14

ETA that Agnes Zawadzki competed at the Vail Invitational back in July (to fulfill her competition readiness requirement for the SLC Senior B) - her scores there were 65.05 in SP, 108.05 in FS, 173.10 total.
    Good scores for Agnes and Christina.

vCash
    ioana reported in the Cranberry Open thread in Kiss and Cry that the top 3 in the Senior Ladies FS yesterday were Kiri Baga (105), Christina Gao (96), and Yasmin Siraj (93). Here are 2 videos:

Kiri Baga LP http://youtu.be/FXKAxJKHz7w (Samson and Delilah by Saint-Saens)

Christina Gao LP http://youtu.be/rKerxjNJkiQ
    This was the debut of her FS to the Angels and Demons soundtrack, choreographed by Tom Dickson. After opening with a nice 3T+3T & 2A, she mostly did deliberate doubles (jumps did not appear to be her focus in this first outing of her program).

vCash
    I was just looking at the Golden West entries on entryeeze and it looks as though Vanessa Lam has switched to Tammy Gambill. She was listed under the Chapmans in those entries a couple of weeks ago.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast