Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    But don't Wagner's main competitors ALREADY have two (other) events? I can't buy this conspiracy theory...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Seriously- Alissa should sail through Regionals on PCS and spins alone... (and deservedly so.)
    Exactly- and honestly Alissa could probably use a couple of competitions at this point to build some confidence.

vCash
    It was posted today in the Finlandia Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry that Mirai Nagasu is listed as one of the competitors in the Finnish press release and confirmed on USFS' International Assignments page now.

Karen Chen and Yasmin Siraj placed 2nd and 5th, respectively, in the Junior Ladies SP today in Riga, Latvia (there's an event discussion thread in Kiss and Cry).
    Chen (3Lz+3T<, 2A, 3Lo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDq1t66iF9w
    Siraj (3T+2T, 3Lo-, 2A): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtzrLpTlSfI
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Great news about Mirai!

(And the JGP season has already begun? Whoa. Go, Karen!)

vCash
    JGP update: Karen Chen won the bronze medal in her JGP debut (not her best FS, though); Yasmin Siraj finished 6th overall.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    JGP update: Karen Chen won the bronze medal in her JGP debut (not her best FS, though); Yasmin Siraj finished 6th overall.
    Watched the video of her LP. It wasn't her best but you could tell she battled her nerves and gutted it out. Good for her! I think having Tammy Gambill as a coach will help her once she starts to grow, too

vCash
    Karen Chen's excellent, winning Jr. Final round FS at Glacier Falls in early August (scored 119 points): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9_1rr-IdY

JGP Latvia Ladies' medal ceremony fancam video link is posted in the Kiss and Cry as well as in the Russian news thread here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3984552

Golden West club competition live stream link is posted both in the Kiss and Cry and in the TV Alerts forum. Vanessa Lam (Sr.) and Novice champ Tyler Pierce and Elizabeth Nguyen (Jr.) are among those scheduled to compete today and tomorrow.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-31-2013 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Interesting to see so Japan send so many (3) ladies to the JGP Latvia. I didn't realize that the combined results from Junior Worlds last season would have permitted that number of entries. Not complaining, just surprised. Great opportunity for the next generation, so I'm all for it.

vCash
    http://allyearfsc.com/wp-content/upl.../09/SEG033.htm

It looks like Vanessa Lam skated her SP at Golden West and scored 53.92 (-1.0 deduction)

vCash
    OT reply to leapfrogonice: Japan had 2 ladies at the JGP Latvia (they were given 1 extra spot there).

Vanessa Lam skated a very pretty short program to "Illumination" by Secret Garden last night at Golden West - her jumps were 3Lz, 3F+2T, 2A fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    OT reply to leapfrogonice: Japan had 2 ladies at the JGP Latvia (they were given 1 extra spot there).

Vanessa Lam skated a very pretty short program to "Illumination" by Secret Garden last night at Golden West - her jumps were 3Lz, 3F+2T, 2A fall.
    Any details on how her jumps looked? She's been criticized for her jumps being smallish and I wonder if Tammy Gambill has been able to help her out at all

vCash
    Sylvia (or anyone), Have you seen anything this year on Anna Grace Davidson? After winning Intermediate Nationals last year, I expected to see her name among the Novice Ladies. I don't see her on Scoretracker and haven't heard anything locally. Just wondered if you had come across anything. Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Any details on how her jumps looked? She's been criticized for her jumps being smallish and I wonder if Tammy Gambill has been able to help her out at all
    I thought her 3F looked a little better, as did her 2A (even though she fell on it). Both jumps seemed to have a little more height than what she's shown in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I thought her 3F looked a little better, as did her 2A (even though she fell on it). Both jumps seemed to have a little more height than what she's shown in the past.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Maybe the lesser competitions will give Alissa a more confident start to the season which will contribute to what she can accomplish all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Sylvia (or anyone), Have you seen anything this year on Anna Grace Davidson? After winning Intermediate Nationals last year, I expected to see her name among the Novice Ladies. I don't see her on Scoretracker and haven't heard anything locally. Just wondered if you had come across anything. Thanks
    Davidson registered for a club comp. (Novice Ladies) in Utah in July but did not compete. I don't know anything else at this time.

Top Senior Ladies total scores (150+) known from summer competitions (Regional included):
    185.86 Courtney Hicks, Glacier Falls (bye to Nationals)
    173.60 Polina Edmunds, Glacier Falls (CP - may receive a bye if she competes in a 2nd JGP)
    173.10 Agnes Zawadzki, Vail Inv. (bye to Nationals)
    161.81 Vanessa Lam, All Year FSC Open (SWP)
    160.80 Hannah Miller, Grand Rapids Open (EGL)
    158.99 Mirai Nagasu, Glacier Falls (don't yet know if she needs to compete at SWP)
    156.86 Kiri Baga, Cranberry Open (NE)
    156.67 Christina Gao, Cranberry Open (bye to Nationals)
    155.22 Franchesca Chiera, Glacier Falls (SA)
    154.58 Mariah Bell, Broadmoor Open (SW)
    154.52 Ashley Cain, Broadmoor Open (SW)

Polina Edmunds and Mariah Bell make their JGP debuts in Mexico City this week (SP is Friday).

ETA that I've posted the link to Gracie Gold's latest blog in the U.S. Ladies discussion thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3987019

Also, Samantha Cesario received some good news today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3987047
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-04-2013 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Vanessa Lam is at Finlandia Trophy with Mirai. She's finally a senior level skater.

vCash
    Was Finlandia to close the the US Senior B competition for Courtney Hicks to compete? I don't see picking someone like Lam over Hicks makes a lot of sense especially looking at where they are in their respective skating careers right now.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    And where are they in their careers? Lam beat Hicks at their only meetup last year, has a higher PB in the short/long/overall as well. She had to withdraw from Nationals because of an injury. One has made the JGP final and both have won a JGP event.

Congrats to Vanessa on her first senior international event assignment!

vCash
    Vanessa hasn't improved her skating at all in the last couple years. She's about where she was two years ago and is getting passed up by a lot of skaters now.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast