vCash

American Idol - 2013/2014

There is an article that JLo has been offered the judge's job & that JHud is out. Keith Urban is confirmed as returning for sure. The auditions have already started & without the judging panel set I'm wondering how they are doing them. I know the producers make the 1st or 2nd cut but then it's the celebrity panel who decides who goes to Hollywood week.

I despise JLo as a judge. She adds no value whatsoever for me. I was hoping for Melinda Doolittle & Adam Lambert.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    On the radio this morning, they said that Jennifer Lopez approached the producers of The Voice to be one of their judges. The kindly said, "no thanks". The DJs wondered if it was because Lopez got such a high payment for being on AI that she had outpriced herself on a spot on another show.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Keith Urban is confirmed as returning for sure.
    Interesting. I thought everyone saw AI as a sinking ship and they were scurrying away like rats...

... JHud is out...I was hoping for Melinda Doolittle & Adam Lambert.
    It would have been a great gig for Doolittle as her recording career never took off, but not for the others. They're still working towards hitting their peak. They should focus on music. (I hope both stop singing about such depressing topics. Take that to your therapy sessions. Pop music should be FUN!)

The auditions have already started & without the judging panel set I'm wondering how they are doing them. I know the producers make the 1st or 2nd cut but then it's the celebrity panel who decides who goes to Hollywood week.
    Maybe the contestants will sing to a green screen and the judges will be edited in come November.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Maybe the contestants will sing to a green screen and the judges will be edited in come November.

This is the article I read:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/american-id...161216094.html

vCash
    Kris Allen and his wife had a baby boy named Oliver yesterday.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    I don't think JLo's salary demands have anything to do with why The Voice doesn't want her. She's not nearly as entertaining or articulate as The Voice judges. She basically just said that people were beautiful or did the producers' bidding when they wanted to get rid of someone like Haley. She was useless. If Idol is seriously considering bringing her back, it shows how incompetent the new folks running things are.

They have a little bit of time to get judges. The judges aren't there for the cattle call auditions. The show up for the ones who make it past the producers in the initial auditions.

Congrats to Kris Allen and his wife. (And, oh yeah, rumor has it Simon Cowell is going to be a daddy: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2716381.story So, um, congrats to him, too? And to the baby mama? But, um, not to the baby mama's hubby?)

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Wish I could rep you but I have to spread it around first!

vCash
    Oh please no more Jennifer Lopez. I don't think I can listen to her getting "goosies" for another season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Wish I could rep you but I have to spread it around first!
    Done!

vCash
    I liked JLo on the show. I thought she was way better than either or both of last year's women...........at least in the few episodes I managed to watch last year.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol - 2013/2014

I predicted Jhud would be out when it was "confirmed" she was a judge right after last year wrapped up. It was too soon. She may still be a judge but they had to drop her first and may reconfirm her role weeks before the judges begin taping.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I just read in a review of the AI tour that Amber Holcomb is pregnant. So I googled it & found this:

http://perezhilton.com/perezitos/201....2iyNwMfA.dpbs

I despise Perez Hilton but there was the same article from several other sources so I guess it's true. BTW, I hope she doesn't teach her kid her potty mouth.