2 3.57%
  • Top 10

8 14.29%
  • lower than top 10

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If Yuna Kim competes at 2018 Olympic, How she will be able to achieve

I already strongly guess her country, sports organizations of nation will make her to compete at the 2018 Olympics which is held in Korea
    If She is there, what do you think about how she will be able to do there
    Last edited by torren; 07-30-2013 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    You created a interesting poll, thank you

I will be more happy if we have a "podium" pick rather than exactly color of medals, but that's okay, I voted for gold

Well, I don't know if she able to keep her form to make my wish real, but think that, if Carol can be Olympic contender at the age of 27 (28?) I see no problem for Yuna to skate for Gold for a third time (wow!!!), she has superior technical as well as amazing artistry

But this is just one side, another side based on will she really want to or just be forced by her nation, we probaly can see a magic win same as 2013 Worlds or regret skates like 2011 Worlds

vCash
    Not bothered to vote. I can bet with my head that she won't be competing in 2018. She has enough to live comfortably for a long time unless... she wants to be bionic man like Plushenko.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Not bothered to vote. I can bet with my head that she won't be competing in 2018. She has enough to live comfortably for a long time unless... she wants to be bionic man like Plushenko.
    I think her nation will force kim to compete and she will skate there whether she don't want or not
    Honestly even I'm curious she herself really wanted to make comeback last year
    Last edited by torren; 07-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    I mean really...who knows what kind of shape she'll be in by 2018? Never mind the fact she has stated explicitly several times that she will not compete after the Sochi games. On top of all that, who knows which skaters will emerge in the next 5 years.

These polls are getting more and more ridiculous. I swear this off season can't end fast enough.

vCash
    Probably gold if she does compete. I am not sure how likely it is that she will choose to compete though.

vCash
    She will probably get good seats... (j/k)

She will do well, but I do not think she would win. Her heart has to be in it, and I don't think she will have that drive by then.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure that she will perform at gala. And I think it's highly possible that she will be on the commentator seat.

KSU can beg her to compete, but they can't force her to do anything. If you don't compete, what? We'll ban you from watching nationals? From having shows? Doing commercials?

Yes, 2012 Worlds result for Korea can happen again in 2017.
    Yuna is doing her best to nurture Korean figure skating by giving the likes of Haejin and Soyeon a chance to compete at a bigger competition like Olympics, and the rest is up to them. Yuna can't babysit them forever and I think she knows it well.
    Last edited by invierno; 07-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Min Jeong Kwak competed at the 2012 World Figure Championships and placed 28th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdUDxVBjQY
    That's why Yuna came back to competition to earn olympic spots.
    That might happen again.

vCash
    Physically Yuna could compete in 2018 considering she took almost 2 full seasons off in 2010-2012. Even last season she only had one real major competition at Worlds in those other two events she really didn't push herself so she's not had much wear and tear since the 2010 Olympics.

vCash
    She will light the flame and be major presence but competing? I don't know! South Korea has all the ST speed skaters too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by froh1981 View Post
    Min Jeong Kwak competed at the 2012 World Figure Championships and placed 28th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdUDxVBjQY
    That's why Yuna came back to competition to earn olympic spots.
    That might happen again.
    Oh, seems there's not hope in future
    Even will they be able to earn spot for 2018 oly? The rule that hosting country can get 1 ticket in each discipline is not effective from 2018 oly
    No way they can get spot for 2018 olympic
    Last edited by torren; 07-31-2013 at 02:50 AM.

vCash
    If she wanted to keep her options open then she would have to go to 2017 worlds if she wondered if she could win 3 golds in a row. If not other south Korean lady looks like they could get 1 in 2015 to 2017. But if she has no interest in going to a third after winning two in a row. She just be retired from skating and it's not up to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    If she wanted to keep her options open then she would have to go to 2017 worlds if she wondered if she could win 3 golds in a row. If not other south Korean lady looks like they could get 1 in 2015 to 2017. But if she has no interest in going to a third after winning two in a row. She just be retired from skating and it's not up to her.
    Read your words here make me realize how amazing Yuna is. From the nation where "no way other athletes can get spot for Olympic", Yuna appears and we disscuss about her whether she could win 3 OGM in a row BIG WOW!!!!!!!!

Okay, I must move to Yuna's dominance theard

vCash
    During an exhibition gala, an international spy/pairs skater will get a knife in the back and die in yuna's arms after whispering in her ear about a plot to assassinate plushy at the 2018 olys. Yuna's son will then be kidnapped and Yuna told that if she doesn't skate in 2018, it's curtains for the kid. She'll skate a brilliant LP to storm cloud cantata, win the ogm, but when it comes time for plushy to do his quad toe, she'll suddenly scream from the k&c area and he'll fall, causing Casey Edwards to misfire. Chaos will ensue and Yuna will be reunited with her son, who will sing que Sera, Sera with her during the oly gala.

vCash
    Based on how she skated at the 2013 Worlds, I think she'll win gold again. If you asked me before the 2013 Worlds, I wouldn't have said that.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    During an exhibition gala, an international spy/pairs skater will get a knife in the back and die in yuna's arms after whispering in her ear about a plot to assassinate plushy at the 2018 olys. Yuna's son will then be kidnapped and Yuna told that if she doesn't skate in 2018, it's curtains for the kid. She'll skate a brilliant LP to storm cloud cantata, win the ogm, but when it comes time for plushy to do his quad toe, she'll suddenly scream from the k&c area and he'll fall, causing Casey Edwards to misfire. Chaos will ensue and Yuna will be reunited with her son, who will sing que Sera, Sera with her during the oly gala.
    Can't decide whether this is Hitchcockean brilliance or just Baysean (Michael) histrionics . But you're on a roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Based on how she skated at the 2013 Worlds, I think she'll win gold again. If you asked me before the 2013 Worlds, I wouldn't have said that.
    seriously? I am not underrate her ability. even You saw her such levels, regardless how great she is, Let's to be*realistic. It is impossible in modern figure skating. I don't expect to see three time olympic champion in ladies in Future ever. Not only for Ladies, but also even impossible for Mens. Even twice olympic gold is also mostly impossible in modern figure skating.

At that time she is 27. many talented girls Adelina, gracie, Zijun, tuk will more develop. Do you think kim at 27 can win these ladies?
    Last edited by torren; 07-31-2013 at 08:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torren View Post
    At that time she is 27. many talented girls Adelina, gracie, Zijun, tuk will more develope. Do you think kim at 27 can win these ladies?
    I do think that

How about Kostner in next Olympic? She will be 27 next year and she still an OGM contender along with Yuna & Mao in Sochi

All depend on Yuna, if she really wants it, anything could happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    I do think that

How about Kostner in next Olympic? She will be 27 next year and she still an OGM contender along with Yuna & Mao in Sochi

All depend on Yuna, if she really wants it, anything could happen
    I totally agree with your opinion.
    All is up to Yuna, and I think Yuna can beat any ladies if she really wants to compete in 2018 OGM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast