Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Help Me, Cosmetics Fans

(sorry, but I can't find the "beauty tips" threads - mods, please merge if you have sharper eyes than me)

I just got a freebie sample that came with a little vial of "corrector". It says on the vial that it is for "wrinkles and pores" but I have no idea how often it is supposed to be applied or when. It has a little plastic applicator stick so I'm guessing it's daubed on to whatever you want to "correct", but do I put it on before bedtime, before moisturizer, or when? All hints appreciated....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I think it's to correct redness and blemishes. If you have only a small stick it's for spots, not your whole face.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    And you put it on with the rest of your makeup in the morning. I put it on after my foundation, but I know some people put it on before. I use it on the dark circles under my eyes, and to cover up pimples and scars.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    What is the product's name? A corrector can mean several things.

vCash
    Thanks for all the info - my goodness, this is educational Here's what I got a sample of:
    http://www.sephora.com/visionnaire-a...rector-P296833
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    In this case, corrector is just a fancy term for serum, in this case a serum targeted toward preventing signs of aging. If it works, you would need to use it at least a month to see results, as is the case for all skin serums. But honestly, it's not that good a serum, and I doubt you'd see meaningful results.

vCash
    Overedge, go to your link, it has directions for use

vCash
    I saw that, thanks, cruisin, but the experts here have much better advice

vCash
    The best thing I have ever done for my skin was to start taking flax seed oil gel tabs. Our climate is dry and we eat a lower fat diet, so the transformation of my skin was very evident in just a few weeks. Reduced dryness, cleared redness, improved the feel, look and and surface texture. Can't say I ever had significant results from any topical cream or "correctors".

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    The best thing I have ever done for my skin was to start taking flax seed oil gel tabs. Our climate is dry and we eat a lower fat diet, so the transformation of my skin was very evident in just a few weeks. Reduced dryness, cleared redness, improved the feel, look and and surface texture. Can't say I ever had significant results from any topical cream or "correctors".
    Huh, I have dry eyes and my doctor (bless him for going the non-drug route) suggested consuming flaxseed oil. I did crack open a capsule for my oatmeal every morning, but found that Amazon sells a giant bottle of it so now I get that instead.

I can't say I've noticed a change in my skin (my skin is oily anyway), but my dry eyes have improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Huh, I have dry eyes and my doctor (bless him for going the non-drug route) suggested consuming flaxseed oil. I did crack open a capsule for my oatmeal every morning, but found that Amazon sells a giant bottle of it so now I get that instead.

I can't say I've noticed a change in my skin (my skin is oily anyway), but my dry eyes have improved.
    Just curious, why did you crack a capsule open? I just take the capsule. Is there some advantage to opening it?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    In this case, corrector is just a fancy term for serum, in this case a serum targeted toward preventing signs of aging. If it works, you would need to use it at least a month to see results, as is the case for all skin serums. But honestly, it's not that good a serum, and I doubt you'd see meaningful results.
    I'm shelling out the bucks for Visionanaire. Why do you think it's not that good? And what do you think is better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

I had the same results with halibut liver oil capsules.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Just curious, why did you crack a capsule open? I just take the capsule. Is there some advantage to opening it?
    Cause I put it in my oatmeal (I hate taking pills) and didn't want to wait for the capsule to dissolve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I'm shelling out the bucks for Visionanaire. Why do you think it's not that good? And what do you think is better?
    I guess it's a matter of your goals and skin type. If your goal is to undo UV damage and wrinkles, as the product claims to do, then this is not a good product. None of the ingredients are backed by clinical evidence. Among department store brands, Estee Lauder's serums have more clinical support.

If you're looking for superficial aesthetic changes, then it may work. But there's a good chance you could get the same results with Olay's serum for a fourth the price.

If you have dry and/or sensitive skin, the amount of alcohol in Visionnaire can make it irritating. But if you don't have dry and/or sensitive skin, then it's not an issue.

http://www.skintour.com is a great site for anti-aging information and product recommendations. The dermatologist that runs the site, Brandith Irwin, has no financial ties to any of the companies--unusual for dermatologists with skin care advice websites.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Thank you! I'm always looking for objective information, the women's magazines are all on the take from advertisers. I don't have dry or sensitive skin, even at this age my skin tends to be oily, and I've seen good results with the Visionnaire but it costs too much. Olay's serum, however, doesn't seem to do a thing for me.

vCash
    Thank you! I'm always looking for objective information, the women's magazines are all on the take from advertisers. I don't have dry or sensitive skin, even at this age my skin tends to be oily, and I've seen good results with the Visionnaire but it costs too much. Olay's serum, however, doesn't seem to do a thing for me.
    What are you looking for in a serum?

vCash
    Olay really doesn't have significant amounts of good any ingredients for it to do much good. If Visionnaire works for you I would keep using it if you can or maybe try something similar from the Shiseido line. Lancôme can be hit or miss for some people, as with any skin care line.

vCash
    What are you looking for in a serum?

vCash
    I'm always looking for objective information, the women's magazines are all on the take from advertisers.
    It's better than the Mary Kay chicks who tell women that they need some $150 face cream in order to look hot, yet are almost always incredibly unappealing themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast