vCash

Lightbulb Disson 2013 Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular~12/14/13~Jamestown, NY

http://www.dissonskating.com/2013/07...-2013-release/

Acting & Singing Sensations Coco Jones and Bella Thorne to Join Figure Skating and Gymnastics Champions at Jamestown Savings Bank Arena for the 2013 Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular
    Posted by Brittany Evans on July 26, 2013

TICKETS GO ON SALE JULY 27!

Excerpt:

JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (July 26, 2013) – Disney Channel stars and singing sensations Bella Thorne and Coco Jones will perform live in a show that brings together two of the most popular Olympic sports: figure skating and gymnastics.

The show, featuring Olympic, World and national champions from both sports, will take place on Saturday, Dec. 14, at the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena and will once again be produced by Disson Skating.

Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.

The event will be hosted by Olympic figure skating champion Kristi Yamaguchi, three-time U.S. figure skating champion Michael Weiss, and Olympic gymnastics champions Nadia Comaneci and Bart Conner.

The star-studded figure skating cast is scheduled to include:

Two-time Olympic medalist, three-time World champion and seven-time Canadian champion Elvis Stojko
    Olympic medalist, World medalist and six-time Canadian champion Joannie Rochette
    Two-time U.S. champion Ashley Wagner
    U.S. champion Ryan Bradley
    U.S. champion Max Aaron
    U.S. pairs champions Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir
    U.K. current Dancing on Ice champions Beth Tweddle & Daniel Whiston

The cast is also scheduled to include the following gymnastics stars:

Olympic champion Nastia Liukin
    Olympic medalist, World medalist, and U.S. champion Jonathan Horton
    Olympic medalist and World champion, Beth Tweddle
    World medalist and U.S. champion Jake Dalton
    World medalist and U.S. champion John Orozco

Additional performers will be announced at a later date.
    The show will be broadcast nationally on NBC on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014 (1-3 p.m. EST). Following the initial telecast on NBC there will be two rebroadcasts of the show on AXS TV (a national cable network owned by Mark Cuban and Ryan Seacrest).

The show, in its entirety, will be posted on IceNetwork.com for viewing for six months following the initial telecast on NBC.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-26-2013 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Hmmm...I might have to go to this one, too!
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Beth Tweddle! I was so when she didn't get the bars gold in London. This sounds like it's going to be a great show.

vCash
    http://post-journal.com/page/content....html?nav=5192

Disson Skating will be producing four shows this year: a family skating show at Penn State with Sara Evans, a holiday show in Jacksonville, Fla., an Olympic send-off show at the Meadowlands in New Jersey, and the Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular in Jamestown. Disson noted that this is a very unique event - it's the only one of its kind that combines figure skating, gymnastics and live entertainment - and that Jamestown was the first show location that the production company committed to for 2013.

vCash
    I think I would watch this just for Beth Tweddle. Her bars are so amazing! Of course Ashley and Max being there are nice touches for me

vCash
    Twitter:

Disson Skating ‏@DissonSkating 4m
    Finale rehearsals are underway at @JamestownArena for tmrw's Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbZKpYCCEAAYriI.jpg:large
    EDIT:

Disson Skating ‏@DissonSkating 8m
    MT @NastiaLiukin: Tune in to the Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular on NBC Jan 5th @ Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena http://instagram.com/p/h3_A5qESgU/
    Last edited by dardar1126; 12-13-2013 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Twitter:

Nastia Liukin ‏@NastiaLiukin 9m
    .@DissonSkating and Gymnastics Spectacular cast is ready for show time!
    https://twitter.com/NastiaLiukin/sta.../photo/1/large

vCash
    gotta love it when the gymnastics cast generates more interest on the skating message board. Nastia and Beth if you love uneven bars, mullets, and triple salchows you really should buy a ticket.

vCash
    Who the $#%! are Bella and Coco?

Isn't this usually the loudest Disson show of the year, i.e., the one with screeching tweens? If so, it's the one that I usually skip. As always, I'll tune-in to the first 5 minutes and, if the screaming tweens induce a headache, I'll turn it off.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I think I would watch this just for Beth Tweddle. Her bars are so amazing! Of course Ashley and Max being there are nice touches for me
    Did Ashley drop out of the show? I don't see her in the photos?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudove View Post
    Did Ashley drop out of the show? I don't see her in the photos?
    I haven't heard anything, but it's not hugely surprising if she did. Considering the review of the Legends on Ice show that said she looked tired due to it being post-GPF, maybe she needed a break?

vCash
    Twitter:

Coco Jones ‏@TheRealCocoJ 14h
    RT @DissonSkating: SNEAK PEEK of Sunday's Skating & Gymnastics w/ @TheRealCocoJ @CandiceGlover @MrGrabeel http://youtu.be/sz9BMpqdthg
    Reminder:

The show will be broadcast nationally on NBC on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014 (1-3 p.m. EST). Following the initial telecast on NBC there will be two rebroadcasts of the show on AXS TV (a national cable network owned by Mark Cuban and Ryan Seacrest).

The show, in its entirety, will be posted on IceNetwork.com for viewing for six months following the initial telecast on NBC.

vCash
    Twitter:

Marissa Castelli ‏@MarissaCastelli 31 Dec
    Backstage pic From Progressive Skating Gymnastics Spectacular. Tune in January 5th @MaxTAaron @DissonSkating : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc1DAhXIAAA2YWo.jpg
    EDIT:

Marissa Castelli ‏@MarissaCastelli 35m
    Happy New Year! The Progressive Skating and Gymnastic Spectacular is on January 5th. Check it out! @DissonSkating : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc7yk0_IYAAvXMJ.jpg
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-02-2014 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Twitter:

Disson Skating ‏@DissonSkating 27m
    And head over to our FB for photos from the first half of the Skating & Gymnastics show: https://www.facebook.com/DissonSkating
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-03-2014 at 12:14 AM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    From the photos it looks like Marissa and Simon are up first in the show, and my local NBC affiliate is chacking the first half hour.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Twitter:

Disson Skating ‏@DissonSkating 42m
    More of our Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular photos are here! Talk about one heck of a cast!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdGBwsWCUAAdIYF.jpg

vCash
    Twitter:

Kristi Yamaguchi ‏@kristiyamaguchi 1h
    Also-1pm EST Progressive Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular on NBC! See @NastiaLiukin @RyanSBradley @JohnOrozco @MaxTAaron I'm co-hosting.

vCash
    I know no one watches these things for the "musical guests" but they are particularly unbearable this year. I was embarrassed for the gymnasts that had to perform to that AI pop reggae mess.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I know no one watches these things for the "musical guests" but they are particularly unbearable this year. I was embarrassed for the gymnasts that had to perform to that AI pop reggae mess.
    About as usual; although I did kind of like that American Idol winner Candace Glover...she was pretty good.

Enjoyed the skating...Max was adorable with James Brown medley...and I really liked Kurt's "Trust Me" number, he's such a great showman as well as skater.

vCash
    This was one of the best of these Skating-Gym shows in a long time, thanks to 'adult' R&B music, rather than the usual 'boy bands' and screaming tweens of years past. Maybe the Disson folks pay attention to our comments and care? Thank you, Disson. The best for me were Kurt's two numbers and the cute tribute to 'I Love Lucy' by Nastia and Ryan Bradley.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"