Watch me move
    vCash

Shirley Jones Tells All in New Autobiography

Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I had to laugh when I got to the part about her grandchildren. If my grandmother had ever written a tell-all about her sex life, I would have died. Just lain right down on the floor and died.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    How absolutely shocking, who ever would have thought that sweet innocent Shirley would *gasp* lose her virginity to her husband! Disgusting. And then, so craven to write a book about how she had frequent and enjoyable sex with her lawfully wedded husband. I always thought she was so nice. Now I can't even look at her!

vCash
    the filth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    How absolutely shocking, who ever would have thought that sweet innocent Shirley would *gasp* lose her virginity to her husband! Disgusting. And then, so craven to write a book about how she had frequent and enjoyable sex with her lawfully wedded husband. I always thought she was so nice. Now I can't even look at her!

I think I actually am going to read her book. That article/interview hooked me

vCash
    I saw her give a talk on her book yesterday, and she was very entertaining. The story of how she got her show-biz break on Broadway is remarkable. And she looked fantastic!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Entertainment Weekly magazine has some more details from the book which are more worthy.

- On their wedding night, Jack Cassidy tried on Shirley's "sheer black negligee and heels".

- David Cassidy's nickname from his brothers was "Donk" - short for "Donkey" - and "his similarly gifted father would compare sizes with him, which, Jones admits, 'probably didn't help their rocky relationship' ".

- One night, Jack Cassidy "took her into the bedroom, where she hoped he would romance her by the fireplace. Instead, he just romanced himself, exclaiming 'isn't it beautiful'".
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Back in the 80s I lived in Los Angeles, and worked at a research/hospital medical center.
    There was a story that Shirley Jones' husband was brought to the ER - he had a heart attack - while on top of her in the act, and she was handcuffed to the bed.
    I sometimes heard stories like that about celebs, but never was sure to believe any of it.
    Maybe this one was true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Entertainment Weekly magazine has some more details from the book which are more worthy.

- On their wedding night, Jack Cassidy tried on Shirley's "sheer black negligee and heels".

- David Cassidy's nickname from his brothers was "Donk" - short for "Donkey" - and "his similarly gifted father would compare sizes with him, which, Jones admits, 'probably didn't help their rocky relationship' ".

- One night, Jack Cassidy "took her into the bedroom, where she hoped he would romance her by the fireplace. Instead, he just romanced himself, exclaiming 'isn't it beautiful'".

So then, his real personality was similar to the public persona he portrayed? Who would have thought!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Back in the 80s I lived in Los Angeles, and worked at a research/hospital medical center.
    There was a story that Shirley Jones' husband was brought to the ER - he had a heart attack - while on top of her in the act, and she was handcuffed to the bed.
    I sometimes heard stories like that about celebs, but never was sure to believe any of it.
    Maybe this one was true.
    I guess this is why HIPAA was needed.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    This book is not surprising at all. I have heard bits and pieces of her life with Jack Cassidy for years. Also, that she was not the pollyanna that everyone thought she was. She looks fabulous, has had a wonderful (according to her) life - don't we all wish for that? Kudos to Shirley!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Also, that she was not the pollyanna that everyone thought she was.
    im not convinced. Everything about her, including this, reaks of "she's way more of a Pollyanna than she wants us to think she is" even her Oscar winning role is the most polyannaish whore you could ever imagine. Sure, the whole reason she was cast and the way she played it was "innocent preacher's daughter gets turned bad by bad guy",but when was the last time you saw an immoral hooker with such an ivory soap complexion and cover girl wholesome looks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    im not convinced. Everything about her, including this, reaks of "she's way more of a Pollyanna than she wants us to think she is" even her Oscar winning role is the most polyannaish whore you could ever imagine. Sure, the whole reason she was cast and the way she played it was "innocent preacher's daughter gets turned bad by bad guy",but when was the last time you saw an immoral hooker with such an ivory soap complexion and cover girl wholesome looks?
    Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    I've heard stories about Jack Cassidy before this. I must say, I was shocked to hear Shirley confirm this stuff. I'm a little about her talking about her stepson's endowment, but I guess whatever sells books, right?

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I've heard stories about Jack Cassidy before this.
    But...but...Rex, you NEVER gossip!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    But...but...Rex, you NEVER gossip!!
    I only listen to it...I NEVER spread it...you KNOW me!!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    But that kind of sexual kink is not particularly unusual. Although obviously it's very unfortunate if someone's husband were to have an MI in the middle of things.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"