Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think someone up thread nailed it, the chick was drunk.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I wasn't talking about HER standards for behavior.
    But I was. According to the standards she established for the relationship, her husband did only what she herself had shown by her actions was acceptable to do.

The analogy to the open marriage is two-fold. One, having an open marriage may not be wrong if that's what the couple wants. Similarly, if a couple wants to post YouTube videos, tweets, and Facebook updates about one another, that's not inherently wrong either. IOW, posting YouTube videos isn't necessarily wrong as you seemed to imply in a previous post. Second, if one spouse says they want an open marriage and then conducts herself accordingly, she can't cry foul later when her spouse does the same. The spouse is merely following the standards she herself set. The spouse may not have agreed initially to that arrangement, but regardless, the one proposing the open marriage is a hypocrite if they cry foul when the spouse does the same. If you set a certain standard for behavior in a relationship, you can't cry foul when your partner follows the example you set.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I think someone up thread nailed it, the chick was drunk.
    Assuming that she was drunk, that's pretty concerning in itself, since the video was apparently shot in the morning. Plus, she's apparently a mean drunk, and she already has a DUI. There's no mention in her defense of her behavior that day that she's seeking any type of help for her drinking. Addiction is a rough ride, but it's up to her to get help.

There's the old adage, "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts." Which apparently means that the thoughts of many people is a constant, "Wooooo!" Looks like our video star has a whole lot of meanness on her mind.

vCash
    I'm going to sum up my thoughts on the story and the discussion here:

1. Throwing a tantrum worthy of a two year old in need of a nap because your husband won't take you to the lake is not okay.

2. Recording your wife's tantrum and putting the video one Youtube so that the entire world can watch and mock her is also not okay, even if she is an insufferable bitch (I don't know if she is).

3. It's a good thing that these two are getting a divorce and did not have kids together. Can you imagine is they'd already started a family?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    But I was. According to the standards she established for the relationship, her husband did only what she herself had shown by her actions was acceptable to do.

The analogy to the open marriage is two-fold. One, having an open marriage may not be wrong if that's what the couple wants. Similarly, if a couple wants to post YouTube videos, tweets, and Facebook updates about one another, that's not inherently wrong either. IOW, posting YouTube videos isn't necessarily wrong as you seemed to imply in a previous post. Second, if one spouse says they want an open marriage and then conducts herself accordingly, she can't cry foul later when her spouse does the same. The spouse is merely following the standards she herself set. The spouse may not have agreed initially to that arrangement, but regardless, the one proposing the open marriage is a hypocrite if they cry foul when the spouse does the same. If you set a certain standard for behavior in a relationship, you can't cry foul when your partner follows the example you set.
    Complaining about your spouse to friends, family, co workers isn't the same as posting a video of youtube for the world to see. Look at how many people are questioning this girls ability to do her job.

I'm sorry he took someone who never asked to be in the public eye and put her in the public eye.

I think its a HUGE breech of trust. And last I checked isn't taping someone without their knowledge illegal?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    The analogy to the open marriage is two-fold. One, having an open marriage may not be wrong if that's what the couple wants.
    Yes. IF they had an agreement, which is what I said. He was complaining about her texting her friends about him. That doesn't sounds like agreement to me.

Similarly, if a couple wants to post YouTube videos, tweets, and Facebook updates about one another, that's not inherently wrong either. IOW, posting YouTube videos isn't necessarily wrong as you seemed to imply in a previous post. Second, if one spouse says they want an open marriage and then conducts herself accordingly, she can't cry foul later when her spouse does the same. The spouse is merely following the standards she herself set. The spouse may not have agreed initially to that arrangement, but regardless, the one proposing the open marriage is a hypocrite if they cry foul when the spouse does the same. If you set a certain standard for behavior in a relationship, you can't cry foul when your partner follows the example you set.
    Again, this is all contingent on agreement. If there is no agreement, then there is no open marriage, in which case we are talking about plain old adultery, If it is wrong for one spouse to have an affair--regardless of how that spouse presents it--then it is wrong for the other one to do it, too.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I'm going to sum up my thoughts on the story and the discussion here:

1. Throwing a tantrum worthy of a two year old in need of a nap because your husband won't take you to the lake is not okay.

2. Recording your wife's tantrum and putting the video one Youtube so that the entire world can watch and mock her is also not okay, even if she is an insufferable bitch (I don't know if she is).

3. It's a good thing that these two are getting a divorce and did not have kids together. Can you imagine is they'd already started a family?
    The divorce will probably be ugly too, but yeah, at least they don't have kids. Ugly marriage likely leads to an ugly divorce. You don't magically gain superior communication skills when the papers are filed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    The divorce will probably be ugly too, but yeah, at least they don't have kids. Ugly marriage likely leads to an ugly divorce. You don't magically gain superior communication skills when the papers are filed.
    no probably about, it's already turned ugly the minute he pushed the record button on this little video he took straight to a judge without passing go or collecting $200. He married a temper tantrum throwing big baby, now he wants sympathy. I'd bet my next paycheck that he's already got tantrum throwing big baby #2 waiting in the wings, but wants to get rid of #1 without having to pay too much.

vCash
    If there is no agreement, then there is no open marriage, in which case we are talking about plain old adultery, If it is wrong for one spouse to have an affair--regardless of how that spouse presents it--then it is wrong for the other one to do it, too.
    This reminds me of a classic line from a wrestling storyline: "I'm not married, but my wife is".
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    He married a temper tantrum throwing big baby, now he wants sympathy. I'd bet my next paycheck that he's already got tantrum throwing big baby #2 waiting in the wings, but wants to get rid of #1 without having to pay too much.
    Well, who wants to pay too much?

Seriously, are there that many temper tantrum throwing big babies? I really don't know any women (or men) who act that disturbed. If this woman threw a tantrum like that, it surely wasn't the first time and I would bet it won't be the last. Looks to me like she never had an ounce of parental discipline as a child, so she remains three years old. People will not put up with that.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yes, it is easy to say to just not do it. But if you have never been in that sort of position, it is very very hard to not react. Especially when it is someone close to you that you should supposedly trust. I have never hit someone since hitting my sister as a young girl, but still members of my family (not my sister, who thankfully as adults we get a long) still know exactly what buttons to push to make me snap, and then exactly how to turn the tables so it was my 'fault'.
    Yes, yes, yes

My parents are masters at pushing my buttons (sometimes without even meaning to). My only solution is to tell them as little info about my life as possible. What they don't know, they can't use against me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Well, who wants to pay too much?

Seriously, are there that many temper tantrum throwing big babies? I really don't know any women (or men) who act that disturbed. If this woman threw a tantrum like that, it surely wasn't the first time and I would bet it won't be the last. Looks to me like she never had an ounce of parental discipline as a child, so she remains three years old. People will not put up with that.
    Well, I doubt that she totally changed as a person once they both said "I do." I wonder why they got married in the first place. Maybe she was indulged too much as a child or maybe she's mentally disturbed or maybe it's both. Nobody knows what the whole story is, so I find it odd that people are quick to judge on why someone acts a certain way. What we do know is that she was having a breakdown that most people would not put up with (without knowing more as to why she was doing it) and he got back at her by humiliating her for the whole world to see. There doesn't seem to be any "winners" or "angels" in this situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    The first thing I thought after watching that video was "Well, it could be worse. They could have had kids in the back seat."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Complaining about your spouse to friends, family, co workers isn't the same as posting a video of youtube for the world to see. Look at how many people are questioning this girls ability to do her job.

I'm sorry he took someone who never asked to be in the public eye and put her in the public eye.

I think its a HUGE breech of trust. And last I checked isn't taping someone without their knowledge illegal?
    I sure hope it is illegal wherever they live. It should be illegal everywhere to post things like this on the internet at all! I don't even agree about people filming others in public places then posting it, let alone being one on one with your spouse in the car.

I hope he gets prosecuted in some form. Same goes for prying into someone's emails or texts and then posting them as well. (Like we often see in jilted lovers' articles.).

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Temper Tantrum Wife - "I just want to go to the lake!"

Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I sure hope it is illegal wherever they live. It should be illegal everywhere to post things like this on the internet at all! I don't even agree about people filming others in public places then posting it, let alone being one on one with your spouse in the car.

I hope he gets prosecuted in some form. Same goes for prying into someone's emails or texts and then posting them as well. (Like we often see in jilted lovers' articles.).
    Lol

Well I don't like adults acting like children. Should I hope she is prosecuted?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I hope he gets prosecuted in some form
    Me too. Isn't this some sort of invasion of privacy? Perhaps I'm overstating that, but secretly videotaping someone and then publicly exposing them for private behavior that isn't breaking any law doesn't sit well with me. Of course her behavior is inappropriate, but this guy took it upon himself to publicly humiliate his wife so complete strangers could judge and ridicule her. Sure, show it to a lawyer or a judge or a police officer, but showing it publicly so strangers can shame her while saying "Oh, the poor put upon husband..." shows what a complete jerk he is.

I think most of us have moments where we let our tempers get the best of us and we don't act in a way that we are proud of. I know I have. And yes, I think I should be held accountable for that. But, I really think public shaming doesn't help the situation. In most cases, I think it would only work in humiliating the person and making them defensive.
    Last edited by jenny12; 07-29-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It's not about what we like. It's about what expectation of privacy we have and what the law says about recording people without their permission. In some states, it is illegal to record someone without their permission. In others, it's okay as long as one person in the transaction being recorded knows about it.

Personally, I think that the law should be somewhat flexible on these things but I do think that there should be some aspect of getting permission from people before posting things online if they have no expectation of being recorded. So, for example, if you are in a public settings such as a party, I do think you have some expectation that people will be taking pictures and videos and you can't really complain if they popup in social media. People sometimes DO complain or complain if they are "tagged" in these pictures. That doesn't make them reasonable.

But if you are all alone with only one person and they aren't obviously taking your picture or recording you, I don't think there is that expectation that you are being recorded and therefore they shouldn't be allowed to post recordings of you to a public forum without first getting your permission.

That is what I think the law should be. It often is what the law is but it isn't always what the law is.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Lol

Well I don't like adults acting like children. Should I hope she is prosecuted?
    Well, he might have broken the law if he had recorded her without permission and without her knowledge. She didn't break any laws.

vCash
    Yes. IF they had an agreement
    You're conflating my two points.

The first point was that you cannot automatically assume posting something on the internet is an inherently wrong thing to do. Only context can decide that. So looking at the context, she established the context that such private postings on social media were acceptable to her. In that context, it's hard to argue that she was wronged given the parameters of behavior she established. Whether he agreed to that or not is rather immaterial since she is the only one crying foul here, so I'm just focusing on whether she has a sound basis to do that. IMO, she does not.

WRT whether it was illegal for him to do that or not, I would suspect not since:
    1) Very few states require the consent of both parties for recording purposes--the general standard is consent from just one party, and the husband's consent would meet that criteria,
    2) The video was shown to a judge in order to obtain a restraining order. If the recording was illegal in that state, the video would have been ruled inadmissible and he would have been opened to prosecution at that point (which didn't happen AFAIK). Instead, he was granted the restraining order.
    3) The wife isn't attempting to prosecute him at this point, and I suspect she would if she could.
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Seriously, are there that many temper tantrum throwing big babies?
    I get the feeling more than a few in this thread may relate a little too well to that woman's behavior--ergo the more forceful condemnations directed towards him instead of her
    Last edited by agalisgv; 07-29-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    YSo looking at the context, she established the context that such private postings on social media were acceptable to her.
    No, the context is that bitching to family and friends was acceptable to her. The fact that social media was used for some of that bitching is just a fact of our modern age. We now bitch to family and friends over Facebook. It's true that Facebook is somewhat a public communication medium but it's clear people don't realize that and don't treat it that way. Plus she also called and texted and sent emails. NONE of that was public nor was it social media.

So to conclude that she thought it was acceptable to to post private information to people outside her private circle via social media because she bitched to her friends about her husband on Facebook is making an enormous leap IMO.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast