Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Temper Tantrum Wife - "I just want to go to the lake!"

Wow. And they only got married 14 months ago.

The video
    Story from the The Young Turks
    Story from Right This Minute
    Temper tantrum wife claims husband is a big bully after uploading viral video of her hissy fit

I don't think either of these two people are winners. As awful as she behaved, now everyone knows he is willing to record and expose any argument that he has. I don't think any woman would (or at least should) trust him. If being in a relationship isn't working, just end it, learn from it, and move on - privately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    Wow. I don't think either of these two people are winners. As awful as she behaved, now everyone knows he is willing to record and expose any argument that he has. I don't think any woman would (or at least should) trust him. If being in a relationship isn't working, just end it, learn from it, and move on - privately.
    Yes. Awful as her temper tantrum was to obverse, we really don't know of the context/set of circumstances leading up to it.

vCash
    Spoiled child

vCash
    Aww, someone missed nap time

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    She seems like she's got major problems, but he comes across as a complete douche, baiting her to keep the tantrum going.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    As ridiculous as her tantrum was, his massive breach of trust bothers me a lot more.

vCash
    I think her tantrum is worse. I think he checked out of this marriage before this and is showing what she is probably always like just in case people think she's the damaged party. That being said, I don't have much respect for him either for putting this up on youtube. nasty.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Yup, I wouldn't want to know either of them.

vCash
    What a douche he is! Yeah, the tantrum was bad, but publicly shaming your wife is worse, IMO.

However, as others have mentioned, the video might have very well been staged.
    Last edited by jenny12; 07-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    I'm starting to be very skeptical of many 'viral' videos, I think most of them are as staged as 'reality' tv.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think she is much worse. Her behavior is absolutely despicable. Yeah, it was a douchy thing to videotape her and put it online but seriously, if she didn't act like that then he would have had nothing to put online. The vibe I got is that he is sick of it and is tired of her telling everyone how awful he is (she admitted she talked about him at work and admitted to posting about their issues on Facebook and to texting her friends) so he decided to fight fire with fire. If she wants to tell everyone how mean he is to her then he can show them how she behaves. He kept his cool and really handled her well, IMO. He could have easily pulled the truck over and told her to walk her whiny you-know-what to the lake.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Would people feel the same way if this woman was diagnosed with a mental illness? I think anyone putting this online, to try and deliberately humiliate someone, is disgusting. He's obviously egging her on. I am not convinced that this is real, but I do think some things should be worked through privately.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think she is much worse. Her behavior is absolutely despicable. Yeah, it was a douchy thing to videotape her and put it online but seriously, if she didn't act like that then he would have had nothing to put online. The vibe I got is that he is sick of it and is tired of her telling everyone how awful he is (she admitted she talked about him at work and admitted to posting about their issues on Facebook and to texting her friends) so he decided to fight fire with fire. If she wants to tell everyone how mean he is to her then he can show them how she behaves. He kept his cool and really handled her well, IMO. He could have easily pulled the truck over and told her to walk her whiny you-know-what to the lake.
    He kept his cool because he had an agenda. He wanted to put it online to humiliate his wife. We have no idea what the real life reaction would be. He doesn't like his wife having tantrums, yet he couldn't think of a better way of dealing with it. Both behaviours are out of line, but his has malice. He could have pulled over and let her out of the truck and told her to get herself to the lake, but that wouldn't make a good video - he needed to keep calm and egging her on and saying how much this was all over nothing. We have no idea what happened before this. Fighting fire with fire in these kinds of case is childish. He wanted to look like the good guy.

What would people say if she killed herself over this tomorrow? Would her husband then be considered a bully?

vCash
    What if he killed himself tomorrow because his wife wouldn't stop screaming and crying every time she didn't get her way? I don't see how he was egging her on by keeping his calm and saying she was freaking out over nothing. Stating the truth is egging someone on? He should have yelled back and called her names? We have absolutely no way to know that he only kept his cool because he was filming. She most certainly didn't seem to act as if he was not being his usual self. She never once asked him why he was being quiet, or calm, etc. It seemed like she thought it was the norm.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I've seen plenty of relationships where one party pokes and pokes at the other until they get a reaction then plays it cool so they look like the sane one. If he really wanted the tantrum to be over saying "you're freaking out over nothing" is not the way to get it to stop. That's a way to provoke someone by telling them they are in the wrong. It's just going to infuriate them even more.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    What if he killed himself tomorrow because his wife wouldn't stop screaming and crying every time she didn't get her way? I don't see how he was egging her on by keeping his calm and saying she was freaking out over nothing. Stating the truth is egging someone on? He should have yelled back and called her names? We have absolutely no way to know that he only kept his cool because he was filming. She most certainly didn't seem to act as if he was not being his usual self. She never once asked him why he was being quiet, or calm, etc. It seemed like she thought it was the norm.
    He's egging her on by laughing at her and keeping the "conversation" going, he baits her. He wanted to video her to humiliate her, publicly, and he did. He's a bully. I am really surprised, and appalled, that anyone could possibly think he handled this well. He didn't want it to end, he wanted the more dramatic the better, that's why he kept it going, that's why he videoed.

ETA: MacMadame, we were posting at the same time, but ITA.

vCash
    I just have no sympathy for anyone that acts like a complete child. Temper tantrums will get you no where with me so maybe I have a hard time seeing anything he did wrong because I can't get over her disgusting behavior. I can put up with a lot but an adult acting like that is unforgivable to me.
    -Brian

vCash
    I just have no sympathy for anyone that acts like a complete child. Temper tantrums will get you no where with me so maybe I have a hard time seeing anything he did wrong because I can't get over her disgusting behavior. I can put up with a lot but an adult acting like that is unforgivable to me.
    Have you ever experienced an anxiety attack? Known anyone with a mental illness? Or just had one of those days? All of these things can mean an adult could have a meltdown.

This should have been a private meltdown. It wasn't in public. She was deliberately humiliated by her husband making this public; he's a bully - THAT is unforgivable IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I think her tantrum is worse.
    I agree with you, and I'll echo that he's also a dork, and likely a passive-aggressive one at that. The wife already has a DUI, yet she's demanding that he drive her to the lake so that he can blow into the interlock device in their car afterward. In other words, she wanted to get sauced again, and he was expected to play designated driver. Oh, and he needs to buy her cigarettes first. Is it any wonder he chose to do yard work instead?

Even more creepy is that the wife is a nurse. Not the kind of person you want caring for your Grandma.
    Last edited by heckles; 07-26-2013 at 09:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Have you ever experienced an anxiety attack? Known anyone with a mental illness? Or just had one of those days? All of these things can mean an adult could have a meltdown.

This should have been a private meltdown. It wasn't in public. She was deliberately humiliated by her husband making this public; he's a bully - THAT is unforgivable IMO.
    I have definitely had anxiety attacks but I can't remember having an anxiety attack because I didn't get my way.

I didn't get what she meant when she mentioned her interlock device on her car. I didn't realize those are for people with DUIs. How did you figure out that she is a nurse? I missed that comment or it must be in one of the articles.

I really do get what you are all saying and why you think he is so disgusting but for me, her behavior was much worse. I don't know why but she just rubbed me the wrong way big time and I guess because of that I can easily over look any fault of his in this situation.
    -Brian

vCash
    How did you figure out that she is a nurse? I missed that comment or it must be in one of the articles.
    Several articles about her mention that she is a nurse anesthetist with a Masters degree.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast