View Poll Results: Better skater- Kim or Kwan

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kwan

105 43.21%
  • Kim

138 56.79%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Hodor!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    we've done this poll like 10 times
    I'm so over it...

I'm boycotting this poll and suggest anyone else who is sick of the same freakin' poll over and over and over and over again do the same.

vCash
    Kwan is the better 6.0 skater and Kim the much better COP skater.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Is this like a political approval poll? Are these going to be posted regularly?

Last time I checked, approval polls were only for those in office or running for office, Kwan is neither a current champion nor competitor ... therefore, no point doing these on a regular basis.

From here on out, I will not participate with the understanding that as n→0 the accuracy will be reduced ... It would be hilarious if eventually Kim was polling near 100% ....

I wonder how a non-participation poll for every future poll would look? Maybe the poll could be provided inaccurate based on the sample size of non-participants.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 07-25-2013 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    at those complaining about this poll being done "over and over" again!! Rather than letting everyone know that you're boycotting it, simply ignore the thread!

And, the creator of this thread only joined this site 7 months ago. Unlike those who have been here for years and years and years (and who created and participated in all the other similar polls), perhaps this poster is simply unaware that this poll has been done "over and over" again. Be more welcoming of newer members!
    Last edited by duane; 07-25-2013 at 11:08 PM.

vCash
    In the vein of beauty and style, Kwan is superior.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 07-26-2013 at 07:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Pastel purple, obviously.
    Not pure purple?

vCash
    Right now they are very close with maybe Kim the very slightly better skater as the poll results indicate. However if Kim wins in Sochi she leaves Kwan in her dust and is the much better skater by a huge margin, and probably the best skater ever.

vCash
    The best way to determine is who would win if both skaters were in their prime and skated their best. The answer to that is Kim 100% under COP, and Kim 60% under 6.0. So for that answer is Kim. Consistency comes into play too, but both skaters are equal there so that is a wash.

vCash
    Who would be the next posting a thread like this?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    I don't think Mao and Miki won in 2008 and 2011 because they came from a "much stronger federation"; they won because they performed better.
    Exactly.

vCash
    I voted for Kwan because she is the better overall 'skater'- regardless of whether she won the OGM or not. Yu na is a stronger jumper but Kwan had better spirals (no comparison there), better MIF (they expressed the music better), and the intangibles like connecting with the audience and bringing them emotionally to the ice with her. I would also say that she had softer edges when watched live.

vCash
    Miki and Kim both landed 5 triples in 2011 and Kim had a triple-triple. Kim's performance was much more artistic and the program way better. I have no idea how Miki won the long and came from behind to win the title. I have no idea how Kim won the short though, as Miki clearly had the better skate there. I could have seen either winning, but felt the opposite skater should have won each program. Weird judging at those Worlds.

2008 Mao slid across the ice on her stomach. Kim was definitely hosed there. She should have easily passed Kostner and didn't. I think the judges knew after the crowds reaction to Kims placement the judges knew the crowd was onto their game (gifting Kostner the title no matter how she skated), and their assumption since it was in Europe the crowd would be all behind it and they could get away with it were wrong, and now knew they had better place Mao over Kostner if they wanted to get out alive. Kim should have won the long program there by a bigger margin and the title. Sonia Bianchetti a highly respected figure skating expert said so in her blog as well. At absolute worst no less than 2nd. Nakano was also hosed, and even Rochette a bit. Kostner should not have even been on the podium. That was a farce since her free skate had like only 2 clean jumps, and she wasn't even considered the level of skater of Kim or Asada around then in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    at those complaining about this poll being done "over and over" again!! Rather than letting everyone know that you're boycotting it, simply ignore the thread!

And, the creator of this thread only joined this site 7 months ago. Unlike those who have been here for years and years and years (and who created and participated in all the other similar polls), perhaps this poster is simply unaware that this poll has been done "over and over" again. Be more welcoming of newer members!
    I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like the subject of a thread why bother commenting on it? Just ignore it!

I voted Kim.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I voted for the Kween simply because she's the most decorated skater in US history.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I voted for the Kween simply because she's the most decorated skater in US history.
    Kim is not an American though so what would "something U.S skater" have to do with Kim.

Wouldn't most decorated and successful U.S skater be Carol Heiss by far anyway. 5 straight World titles, Olympic Gold, and Olympic silver. Even if I was the biggest Kwan fan alive I would rather than career than Kwan's. I am not saying Heiss is the best U.S skater or even close to it, but she definitely had the best career and set of titles/achievements.

vCash
    Both are overrated.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Both are overrated.

Carol would destroy Shizuka in "figure" skating

vCash
    Get out of my sight. Go on!

vCash
    Which color is better? Blue or Green?
    Which season is better? Summer or Winter?
    Which gender is better? Male or Female?
    Which forum is better? FSU or Golden?
    Which OS is better? Windows or OS X?
    and on and on..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast