You asked for facts, here are the facts
* Ando increased her her GOEs dramatically by 14.36 points over a season, from the Cup of China to 4CCs (known for score inflation) where Miki had the 2nd highest ladies FS ever in ISU history without a 3:3, 3A.
* Ando's PCS went up 12.12 in one season between Cup of China and WC where she did not go clean. Her technical content for WC was lower than 4CCs, and despite making mistakes there, her PCS actually went up even more by 3.22 points enough to affect the rankings.
Links to scores break downs and protocols
20 Questions and reasonable doubts - consider there's only 1.29 difference separate 1st place and 2nd place.
1. Do you think Judges' impressions can be dramatically swayed and manipulated through out a season? Should it?
2. Do you really think artistry can be suddenly developed in 1 season?
3. If Miki skate for Korea, Yuna skate for Japan, would that affect the score?
4. Do you think momentum building can affect scoring?
5. How important is having a strong federation in this sport? Why?
6. Why do you think it is more advantageous to have more home events?
7 Regardless of how they are scored at the competition. Do you honestly think Yuna's 3Lz = Miki's 3Lz in quality in presentation? Why have they been scored differently in the past?
8. Who has the more complex, intricate and difficult program out of the two?
9. What if the competition is not in Russia where Morozov reign supreme, where they consider Miki practically their own. What if it had been in US, China, Canada, France, Italy etc, would that affect the scoring?
10. What if the Tsunami in Japan did not happen?
11. What if the host of the championship is not Japan that year?
12. What if post Olympics rule changes did not occur e.g to repress GOEs and 70% rule for lessen penalty for UR, minimise 2x2A in FS etc? ie/No 2A3T for Kim.
13. What if there are penalties for unbalanced program? What if there are bonuses for balanced program which ISU is suppose to be encouraging?
14. If the hosts have proven to shown such poor sportsmanship for snubbing Kim out of the official championship booklet, do you think they would not have done so in other ways behind the scene probably designed to affect the skater?
15. Can cold reception of rival skater from the home crowds not affect the Judges impressions? Especially there's no precedent to have seen the program? Or would it make them more conservative in judging?
16. What if the season and timing went on normal so where skater's peak condition were on time for the competition?
17. If Mao has performed better that season, do you think it can affect Miki's scoring through out the season?
18. In terms of quality, intellectual and emotional realization, who has the better and memorable programs that year? Why is it not reflected in the score more?
19. Yuna has never won by PCS in her entire career. Why? Is it fair to her when others have repeatedly done so including Miki here?
20. Are all championship wins worth the same, what makes them important and valuable? How has the press /blog/ fan reception of this particular WC win been like? Why?
I wasn't planning to say anything, but since you brought up the topic and created a thread, I might as well.