Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    There is a God.

Even the timing doesn't bother me -- there's no bad time to get away from Morozov, as far as I'm concerned. This can only be a good thing for him, in the long run if not in the short run. (Though I can't help thinking it'll be good in the short run too!)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    AMODIO IS FREE!!!!!

(Who still needs to be freed from an onerous coaching situation?)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    Lambiel! I agree with Zemgirl that Morozov made Florent unappealing. I think Lambiel should be a good influence on his skating.
    ITA. Leaving Morozov is great. Working with Lambiel is even better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    (Who still needs to be freed from an onerous coaching situation?)
    All the other skaters who are still coached by Morozov?

Also, the Shibs. Zoueva has no idea what to do with them and doesn't seem to care anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nours View Post
    Anyway, we'll soon be cleared of Amodio as he doesn't plan to compete after next year.
    really? did I miss sth?
    'cause it definitely dampens the enthusiasm now ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Also, the Shibs. Zoueva has no idea what to do with them and doesn't seem to care anyway.
    Can we get an "Amen"?! From your lips to God's ears...

vCash
    The FFSG has issued a communication.

Florent Amodio, the 2011 european champion, has recently broken up his relationship with the russian coach recruted by the FFSG, Nikolai Morozov. The latter brilliantly led him to the european title and two other successive european medals in three consecutive years. The FFSG wants to publicly thank the coach who has a deserved world reputation.

Despite the late aspect of the change, the FFSG, at the request of this brillant sportsman, is now making its best efforts to determine the necessary structural and human conditions required by an olympic season and an exceptional talent.

At the present time, F. Amodio has benefited, during a very productive summer national camp in Vaujany, of a very appreciated temporary help with Mrs Katia Krier. On this site, he will go on polishing his current fine shape, with two superb programs while he acquires a second quadruple jump.

However, several paths are currently explored by the FFSG to provide F. Amodio a facility and a coaching as rigorous and ambitious as original. The final decision will be taken collegially in the next two weeks.
    Gosh, is it badly written (apart from my own translation). Pompous and empty style.
    Translation :
    - 1st paragraph : Gailhaguet is ass-kissing Morozov.
    - 2nd paragraph : the FFSG is looking for a solution
    - 3rd paragraph : Gailhaguet is ass-kissing Krier
    - 4th paragraph : Gailhaguet will collegially make a decision on his own and will harrass Florent until he accepts.

The use (abuse) of superlative is totally hilarious. It is so not french. It looks totally unnatural, unsincere and fabricated.

Just a detail about all the skaters going to Bercy. Candeloro made a remark in an article a few months ago. He said something like, every time, the fed pushes skaters toward the president's girlfriend. Why did he say that a few months ago when Champigny is clearly not on the forefront anymore ? ... I'll leave it at that but that's something I've had in the back of my mind for some time.

PS : Camerlengo and Lucine are preparing their voodoo doll.
    Last edited by Nmsis; 07-24-2013 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    really? did I miss sth?
    'cause it definitely dampens the enthusiasm now ...
    Amodio said so after the Worlds 2013. He is not sure if he will continue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    The FFSG has issued a communication.

Gosh, is it badly written (apart from my own translation). Pompous and empty style.
    It certainly is. OTOH, at least nothing has been homologated.

I take it that returning Amodio to Glesser is not an option? Personally I think it's lovely when skaters stay on with their original coaches.

BTW, was Joubert really pushed to train with Krier? I was under the impression that he kind of does whatever he wants when it comes to training, and has for many years.

vCash
    Florent's interview in today's L'Equipe newspaper. Improved Google Translation.

"We'll see who takes me"

Florent Amodio, the 2011 European champion (23 years old) who left Nikolai Morozov, is looking for a new coach.

"When and why did you make the decision to leave Morozov?

- That was a month ago. We were to go to a camp in New York. Three days before departure, Nikolai told me that it would be in Los Angeles. I had to change the tickets. I spent three days there and I saw that it was not working. It just did not suit me anymore. There was a lack of rigor around me, not enough stability ... It's a divorce. I still have a huge respect for Nikolai. But today, I am no longer "handed over" to someone (note of me : I'm not sure of the translation here). He helped me but it's not what I need anymore.

How are you today?

- Returning to France, I felt relieved. I'm living again ! For three weeks, I trained alone in Lyon, I created my free program on La Vie en rose. It is delicate, it is smart, with a very Louis Armstrong feel. It is not yet as ready as the short program (choreographed by Switzerland's Stéphane Lambiel, double world champion 2005-2006). But it really suits me. I am within my schedule.

But you can not stay without a coach!

- We'll see who takes me ... In any case, until August 10, I'm training with the french team in Vaujany (Isère). Katia Krier took me and she did a great job. I did the quadruple toe loop again. To go on with her would be great, but I need to feel that I have my own coach. But Katia is working with Brian Joubert ... Here, we are also working with Marina Anissina (Olympic champion dance in 2002 with Gwendal Peizerat). She has this Russian insight that I like.

Are you contemplating working with a foreign coach?

- Yes. I am ready to make concessions again. Not for six months, but to prepare the Games (2014) ... It bothers me but I'm feeling good. I will not ruin that, I will move heaven and earth to be Olympic champion. I've entered a corridor. Alone or accompanied, I will be strong in Sochi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl
    I take it that returning Amodio to Glesser is not an option? Personally I think it's lovely when skaters stay on with their original coaches.
    That's certainly not an option in Gailhaguet's mind. He worked enough to make them never talk again.
    But when Amodio splitted with Dumont who was his french coach by name (ie Morozov was the coach paid by the fed and the public subsidies for his coaching were going to Champigny, he was there only for a few weeks a year. ), he came back to Glesser with his tail between his legs to ask him to be his (part-time) coach again.
    But it is summer. The Cergy rink is closed. I don't know if Glesser has a camp this year. So it is difficult to read anything in Amodio's summer.
    I don't think Florent will lay his cards as long as he has not seen Gailhaguet's hand.
    That's why the "collective decision" makes me laugh. "Tempestuous negociation" would be more appropriate.

vCash
    Thank god.

Such a talent that has been wasted. I do think Amodio's ego might be partly to blame. Some of his programs should never been approved by his coach for competition. But he was one of the ones I felt that didn't live up to his enormous potential. Excited to see what happens.

vCash
    How are you today?

- Returning to France, I felt relieved. I'm living again !

I think I heard something similar from Fernandez after he left Morozov.

vCash
    His unhappiness at being in California reminds me of kostner.

vCash
    About bl**dy time! Tres bien Florent.

vCash
    Alas he left Morosov about 2 seasons too late. Euro title and medals aside, his skating completely staled during all these years and there has been no artistic development. He is now no more than another Plushenko clone with jumps and flair but virtually nothing else. Hopefully this La Vie En Rose program and Lambiel-choreographed short can change that. (sorry but when talking about La Vie En Rose I immediately think of the disasters that were Czisny and Verner)

Look how far Fernandez has come since leaving Morosov. He has his own style and is set up quite nicely for an Olympic medal.

I hope these two are staying on after Sochi to push each other. They are both so talented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post

I think I heard something similar from Fernandez after he left Morozov.
    although fernandez early left fo canada again

yu have to admit, that morozov (hate him or not) brought both up their ways; fernandez movement began under morozov and it was only a matter of time when he will be able to deliver it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Alas he left Morosov about 2 seasons too late. Euro title and medals aside, his skating completely staled during all these years and there has been no artistic development. He is now no more than another Plushenko clone with jumps and flair but virtually nothing else. Hopefully this La Vie En Rose program and Lambiel-choreographed short can change that. (sorry but when talking about La Vie En Rose I immediately think of the disasters that were Czisny and Verner)

Look how far Fernandez has come since leaving Morosov. He has his own style and is set up quite nicely for an Olympic medal.

I hope these two are staying on after Sochi to push each other. They are both so talented.
    He wishes his jumps or flair were anywhere near plushenkos! If anything he is a weir with a terrible habit of leaving out jumps and whole jumping passes! He wishes!!

vCash
    Thank you for translations, Nmsis.

This part caught my attention:
    Here, we are also working with Marina Anissina
    If Anissina is now in Paris, does this mean that she is actually preparing for the season as she stated earlier?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I don't think Javi's personal style has been developed under Orser at all. He's more polished now, but his style is the same he came in. If anything, I feel sometimes like Orser/Wilson have made him a bit too conventional. I hope Amodio's work with Lambiel will prove more interesting than that, and more tasteful than what he did with Morozov (not that this should be too difficult ).

Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    If Anissina is now in Paris, does this mean that she is actually preparing for the season as she stated earlier?
    I had the opposite take on it - if she has time to coach and consult, she can't be too busy with the rumored comeback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I had the opposite take on it - if she has time to coach and consult, she can't be too busy with the rumored comeback.
    marina can easily do both, not to question, pah

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast