Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Are morozov and yagudin still close as to where morozov could convince yaguidn not to become a coach of amodio?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Are morozov and yagudin still close as to where morozov could convince yaguidn not to become a coach of amodio?!?
    Not a French expert by any means, but the article linked earlier didn't mention any convincing, just that Morozov ensured this didn't happen (I think faire capoter means to capsize, i.e. turn things upside down). There are plenty of ways to do that without contacting the other coach.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I barely read the thread but my reaction to the title only: FINALLY!
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Not a French expert by any means, but the article linked earlier didn't mention any convincing, just that Morozov ensured this didn't happen (I think faire capoter means to capsize, i.e. turn things upside down). There are plenty of ways to do that without contacting the other coach.
    True- they could stuff out there generally. This couldn't be worse though in timing and everything! He bombed at worlds in march! It's July almost august! What a delay!

vCash
    I don't think Amodio was thinking ask Yagudin as a full time coach. Yagudin is not interested in coaching right now either. It's more like if he has Morozov as a coach, he also wanted to get some help from Yagudin. I think it's good it didn't work, the guy is dangerous, he can charm people. lol

vCash
    Hmm, I must be reading the wrong article because I don't see Yagudin's name mentioned anywhere in the material Sylvia linked here. I would be very surprised to know Yagudin even considered being a primary coach for an elite skater like Amodio. Never heard Yagudin mention any coach he would have assisted in recent years other than Morozov and he just sporadically helped some of Morozov's students improve their technique on the jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I don't think Amodio was thinking ask Yagudin as a full time coach. Yagudin is not interested in coaching right now either. It's more like if he has Morozov as a coach, he also wanted to get some help from Yagudin. I think it's good it didn't work, the guy is dangerous, he can charm people. lol
    Yagudin or Morozov?? Or both?

vCash
    The most hilarious thing in this article is : (short version) "Amodio is aiming for Olys bronze at least". What a "journalist".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    Yagudin or Morozov?? Or both?
    Oops, forgot Morozov is dangerous too, I was thinking about Yagudin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Hmm, I must be reading the wrong article because I don't see Yagudin's name mentioned anywhere in the material Sylvia linked here.
    It was in the article when it was first posted, it must be been edited to remove it since then.

vCash
    Such good news!!!! His programs have been horrible the last two seasons. Looking forward to watching his freeskate this year.

Florent is Free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    It's about 2 years too late.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Such good news!!!! His programs have been horrible the last two seasons. Looking forward to watching his freeskate this year.
    The change can only be an improvement!

vCash
    I really really wish this had been last off-season instead, but still

vCash
    Thank god he has changed coaches. Now I will be able to watch him skate without cringing, and watch him in the K&C without barfing.

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I barely read the thread but my reaction to the title only: FINALLY!
    My reaction too!! Better late than never.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nours View Post
    The most hilarious thing in this article is : (short version) "Amodio is aiming for Olys bronze at least". What a "journalist".
    In the article it says, he (Florent) aims for a place on the podium in Sochi. So it is an indirect quote. This is simple reporting and no commentary piece, so no need to be angry with the journalist, if Florent says a medal might be a possibility. The article did mention that Florent was only twelfth at worlds. (I read the version linking from the main page of L'Equipe that still has the bits about Yagudin in it.)

vCash
    Short article from IN with misinformation about Dai. My memory is not what it used to be, but I am pretty sure
    Dai won Bronze at Vancouver not Silver.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Looks like "chemistry" between them didn't work any more... I'm happy that maybe now Amodio gets normal programs. Last 2 years they were more than awful. But IMHO Morozov wasn't only bad for him. With him he got stamina, self-confidence and rose from a promising boy to a big name and medal-contender. Not sure how things will work out with a new coach... When I watch Adam Rippon who changed coaches from Morozov, Orser to...etc he didn't get any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    In the article it says, he (Florent) aims for a place on the podium in Sochi. So it is an indirect quote. This is simple reporting and no commentary piece, so no need to be angry with the journalist, if Florent says a medal might be a possibility. The article did mention that Florent was only twelfth at worlds. (I read the version linking from the main page of L'Equipe that still has the bits about Yagudin in it.)
    I'm not angry at the journalist simply because there's no in this newspaper (anyway there's almost no journalist left in France). And when I read it, it was writed "Florent vise la médaille de bronze au minimum" which shows how delirious the person is / try to please a french crowd who doesn't care at all for skating while giving high hopes to the few who are interested in but don't know the sport very well. Both option showing I'm right in my first sentence.
    Anyway, we'll soon be cleared of Amodio as he doesn't plan to compete after next year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast