Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,757
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    The old POPB (Palais Omnisport de Paris Bercy) is about to become Bercy Arena.
    Some photos of the project
    Bigger, with new luxury boxes, conference and private rooms, a new shopping space, new bars, a second entrance on the river Seine side with a walkway toward the enbankment.
    Looks nice.

    And where will the skaters go ?
    ...
    So there is an immediate interest in Bercy right now and a potential long term interest ... and a hole in-between.
    They can all go with Joubert to the newly renovated Poitiers rink?

    The renovation proposal does look nice. The project doesn't start until after the Olympics, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    What is Morozov only good for one season? Or was he just off in 2013? Because like Amodio and Leonova both had tremendous 2012's! Tremendous!! So did I/K and Takahashi. But they are all still with him as is Leonova. Keeping the faith?
    Calling it tremendous twice won't make it true. Amodio's 2011-2012 was not an improvement over the previous season: he had an awful GP, failed to defend his Euro title and, and while he did well at Worlds, it wasn't vastly better than 2011 (and he wasn't the top French guy, either). For that matter, his 2011 season was a breakthrough because of the GP medals and Euros title, but I don't think it was "tremendous" either. Interestingly he did not win French Nats in either of those seasons (actually, Amodio has never beaten Joubert at Nats). Dai had a wonderful showing in 2011-12, but he was not coached by Morozov at the time so that's irrelevant. In 2011-12, their first season with Morozov, I/K moved up one spot at Euros (to the bronze position vacated by the Kerrs, who had retired) and two at Worlds. Again, not a vast improvement and not a tremendous season. I suspect they'd had a similar trajectory had they stayed with Zhulin.

    Leonova in 2011-2012 I'll grant you, it wasn't that consistent (7th in Euros) but she did have some great results. I'm not sure how much time she spends working with Morozov though. You can also make an argument that Javier Fernandez improved a fair bit under Morozov - but he also improved greatly under Orser after stagnating with Morozov.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3358
    Very true . Stagnation was a big problem. Stagnation and poor programs.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    After the Eiffel Tower on the left
    Posts
    2,548
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    It's unfortunate, though I guess not surprising, that there are a fair number of coaches and consultants involved who are not being properly credited for their work. I hope that they are at least properly compensated?
    Financially, yes, I think so. And the fed has asked Garde to choreograph the future tour of the french team this spring.
    Checking on her facebook, she has been spending a week per month in Bercy to work with all the skaters, along with Line Haddad and Catherine Glaise.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    They can all go with Joubert to the newly renovated Poitiers rink?
    I think the girls would rather go with Claude Péri if she goes back to Dammary . Her contract with the fed is only 2 years long. But would Krier go along / move there ? That's another story.
    The boys would be inspired to consider Poitiers. Especially Champigny's. The fed pushes all the promissing boys there but they still don't know how to spin after 2 years. And they start stagnating after a year or 2. That's appalling .


    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    The renovation proposal does look nice. The project doesn't start until after the Olympics, right?
    In March. It's okay for Sochi.
    The preparation for Worlds will be more chaotic.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,174
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Amodio in Courchevel with Yagudin.

    http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2013...l-avec-yagudin

    Did Florent part ways with Morozov or not?

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Don't understand why Amodio is so obsessed with the idea working with Yagudin. I didn't see any improvement on his jumps after they worked together a couple of times.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,600
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe Yagudin gives Florent his undivided attention while Morozov is too busy with his Russian skaters? It seems to be the most common complaint about Morozov (that he spreads himself too thin) and I know the Russian Federation wants his attention to be on his Russian skaters as the Sochi Olympics are coming up.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    743
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://spb.itar-tass.com/c20/834264.html

    Alexei answered about Amodio in this interview.
    Alexei will help Amodio to improve skating technique , but does not have any plans to work as a coach with anyone as he told in the past.
    It was the same he always said in many interviews and I think Itar-Tass is one of reliable masmedias in Russia.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NONKO View Post
    http://spb.itar-tass.com/c20/834264.html

    Alexei answered about Amodio in this interview.
    Alexei will help Amodio to improve skating technique , but does not have any plans to work as a coach with anyone as he told in the past.
    It was the same he always said in many interviews and I think Itar-Tass is one of reliable masmedias in Russia.
    I can't believe French Federation really helped Amodio out with that. Yagudin always stated he's not interested in coaching right now in his interviews, not even consultant work, but if someone asks him, I don't think he will just turn them down. I only hope it won't turn out to be another ugly thing and Amodio will really get the kind of help as he expected.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I can't believe French Federation really helped Amodio out with that. Yagudin always stated he's not interested in coaching right now in his interviews, not even consultant work, but if someone asks him, I don't think he will just turn them down. I only hope it won't turn out to be another ugly thing and Amodio will really get the kind of help as he expected.
    http://fskating.com/2013/08/yagudin-...sultation.html

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi, lala, how are you doing? Thanks for the link. You are really watching out Yagudin closely huh?

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Hi, lala, how are you doing? Thanks for the link. You are really watching out Yagudin closely huh?
    hi, unicorn! I'm fine thanks. You know I'm a big fan of Plush, but I don't hate Yag or any other skaters...Plushy's fans don't hate anyone!! and not hate Yagudin, unlike Yagudin's fans. Don't you know why that is?

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    hi, unicorn! I'm fine thanks. You know I'm a big fan of Plush, but I don't hate Yag or any other skaters...Plushy's fans don't hate anyone!! and not hate Yagudin, unlike Yagudin's fans. Don't you know why that is?
    Don't worry, I don't hate Plushenko, I just don't care about him. I guess lots of other Yagudin fans too, they just don't bother to pretend they like Plushenko too.

    I have another Yagudin's video you will be interested too.
    Look! He's so impolite,,,,,,,,,,to that bottle, enjoy, and don't forget to leave a message again:"He's so impolit!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-uTpCohk&t=376

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    555
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    hi, unicorn! I'm fine thanks. You know I'm a big fan of Plush, but I don't hate Yag or any other skaters...Plushy's fans don't hate anyone!! and not hate Yagudin, unlike Yagudin's fans. Don't you know why that is?
    It would be pointless to argue. Both have their individual greatness. And alas, we will never see them compete against each other again. Fans find love easier (and haters mellow out a bit) as the years go by. And that's a good thing.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Don't worry, I don't hate Plushenko, I just don't care about him. I guess lots of other Yagudin fans too, they just don't bother to pretend they like Plushenko too.

    I have another Yagudin's video you will be interested too.
    Look! He's so impolite,,,,,,,,,,to that bottle, enjoy, and don't forget to leave a message again:"He's so impolit!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-uTpCohk&t=376
    Oh, no...I also don't care about Alexei.. I follow https://twitter.com/worldskating and I found that article today, I thought some members going to like it. But I read many Russian article about figure skating!! I'm not looking for articles on Alexei.


    What? I don't know what are you talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-uTpCohk&t=376...

    impolite? why?

    oh, I just understand..yes he was..
    Last edited by lala; 08-09-2013 at 03:17 PM.

  15. #95

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    After the Eiffel Tower on the left
    Posts
    2,548
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    300
    The french fed has apparently issued a communiqué saying that Amodio has now officially a new coach : Yagudin.
    It says that Florent "will be accompanied and monitored by Alexei Yagudin, who will be by his side until July 22.
    This first collaboration could go on in the following months and until the OG".

    Yes, it is total nonsense and self-contradictory (Amodio has now an new coach ... for 10 days ... and maybe they'll work together a few times before the OG ... ).
    But that's Gailhaguet stating he is in control, even if he isn't, so what did you expect ?

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    743
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Alexei has wrote it on his twitter that he will fly to Amodio and have training in 10 days.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/yagudinof...743872/photo/1

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    in the boonies
    Posts
    3,114
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wish them both luck in the collaboration, I hope Florent can learn what Alexi will be trying to teach him.No matter how good the coach,it's up to the student to implement the lessons they were taught.

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    689
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NONKO View Post
    Alexei has wrote it on his twitter that he will fly to Amodio and have training in 10 days.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/yagudinof...743872/photo/1
    Small correction: training for 10 days. He wrote: "10 days of training ahead"

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    First photos from Courchevel
    Thanks to Olivier Brajon

    "Sensational news of day to Courchevel 1850
    Alexey Yagudin and Florent Amodio"
    https://www.facebook.com/obrajon/pos...51535329861524

    And Alexei wrote in twitter about Florent
    Unreal guy! It's a pity that I can not constantly be with him!
    A lot of things can be changed, but it isn't enough time! I hope that he will be at top!
    https://twitter.com/yagudinofficial

  20. #100

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    236
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    233
    Love this, Alexei coaching

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •