Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Coaching change for Florent Amodio

As reported in L'Equipe (in French): http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...raineur/387836

He has a new FS to "La Vie en Rose" by Louis Armstrong and is currently working with Katia Krier. He plans to find another coach for the Olympic season.

There will be an "exclusive interview" with Amodio in tomorrow's L'Equipe (July 24).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-23-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Agh, I almost beat you to post this!

Frankly when I read about this I wondered if it was April's fools again!

vCash
    Sorry, double post.

vCash
    Article summary

- Amodio still has huge respect for Morozov, but he felt when he went to the US this year that it was no longer working
    - He has been working in Lyon for the last 3 weeks on his free skate to La Vie en Rose
    - He's temporarily working with Katia Krier (coach of Brian Joubert) says it has been working very well, having success even with quad toes
    - He knows he needs to find a new permanent coach, has had several meetings with Didier G. about it. He had almost come to an arrangement with Alexei Yagudin (has worked with him the last 2 summers) but believes that Morozov has scuppered that option.

I guess if he didn't go straight back to Bernard Glesser he'll be looking outside France, perhaps back to Switzerland after working with Lambiel earlier this summer? Whatever happens I'm glad he's moving and hope that he'll go back to producing wonderful programs like in his last Olympic season
    Last edited by morqet; 07-23-2013 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    I just saw this linked elsewhere. I'm pleased that Amodio has finally left Morozov, who helped him become more consistent but also managed to make him consistently unappealing. OTOH, it can't be good for him to be going into an Olympic year with his coaching situation so unsettled... I hope he can find someone who'll help him realize his potential.

Does anyone know who his choreographer is for this season?

vCash
    great, to see amodio skate to some great music like 'la vie en rose' and not another funny/sexy dance number.

hope he finds another coach in time; with pupils running away of morozov he should have time to take miki back just joking

vCash
    Quick translation of the main points:
    *he hasn't had a coach in 1 month
    *things were not working with Morozov anymore, so it is a "divorce"
    *it happened when he joined Morosov in the US. It was supposed to be in Ny, then he went to LA and realized after 3 days that things were not working anymore
    *he still has a lot of respect for Morozov
    *He came back to Lyon and created his own FP: La Vie en Rose by L Armstrong
    *He then joined the French team in Vaujany and worked with Katia Krier. She did a great job and Florent even did 4T
    *He had meetings with Didier Gaillaiguet and almost found a new coach: Alexei Yagudin!!! But he thinks that Morozov made sure the deal did not happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Does anyone know who his choreographer is for this season?
    He worked with Lambiel at the start of the summer on "program ideas", and then said he was going to finish off the programs with Morozov, but the article says he was only in the US for a very short time before deciding to leave, so I doubt Morozov will have done much more with him.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I hope he gets settled in soon. I find it interesting that he was serious about Yags. I have only heard of Yags assisting other coaches, so I'm surprised that he would select him as a primary coach for the Olympic season.

vCash

vCash
    This is not a good time to change the coach, in my opinion. He should have done it latest in last summer.

vCash
    From what I've seen of Krier's students, they seem to have solid jumping technique and consistency so this should be a good move for him.

vCash
    I say good riddance, but it's the worst time to change coach! He's such a beautiful skater, I would hate him to go to waste!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    From what I've seen of Krier's students, they seem to have solid jumping technique and consistency so this should be a good move for him.
    She almost has all the senior French men and women at the moment: Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio, Chafik Besseghier, Yretha Silete, Mae-Berenice Meite, Lena Marrocco?, Lenaelle Gilleron-Gory. She also coaches with Claude Peri, but it is very weird to see all these skaters in Paris at the same training center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    She almost has all the senior French men and women at the moment: Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio, Chafik Besseghier, Yretha Silete, Mae-Berenice Meite, Lena Marrocco?, Lenaelle Gilleron-Gory. She also coaches with Claude Peri, but it is very weird to see all these skaters in Paris at the same training center.
    I thought Chafik trained in Grenoble and Romain Ponsart was in Paris? Or is that out of date?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    First one who came to mind was Candice Didier who improved a lot once she went to her, IMO. Didn't realize she has that many skaters these days. Must make for a busy day at the rink!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I thought Chafik trained in Grenoble and Romain Ponsart was in Paris? Or is that out of date?
    Ponsart is with Annick Dumont. I believe that Chafik moved to Paris this year. There has been a lot of changes lately and there will obviously be more changes in the near future since Brian and Florent's coaching situation is subject to change. Didier Gaillaguet pressured a lot of skaters to change coaches.

vCash
    I must admit that's what I was wondering, if Didier forced him to go to a French coach. Although I certainly agree that getting away from Morozov was an excellent idea, as poor Florent's programs this year were just horrid.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    He worked with Lambiel at the start of the summer on "program ideas",
    Lambiel! I agree with Zemgirl that Morozov made Florent unappealing. I think Lambiel should be a good influence on his skating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    This is not a good time to change the coach, in my opinion. He should have done it latest in last summer.
    Yes, but even though it is not the optimal time to change coaches, at least he did. IMHO, better late than never.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Good luck to Florent in this new phase of his career.
    I can't deny that it's kind of surprising that Amodio considered Yagudin as coach since he has no experience as lead coach and is extremely busy in Russia.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast