Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,012 of 1012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That dress sold out in eight minutes online
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    A retailer's dream. If I were a designer with a relatively affordable line (McQ, anyone?), I'd be up all night designing a dress that might please Kate.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Well, there goes the plan to keep Kate's skirts in place: http://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpr...lead.jpg?w=600

What did the Queen had to say about that? And the shorter hemlines of high street provenance are back.
    I really don't think the Queen is worrying too much re the Kate's wardrobe as it is gorgeous and she is an amazing ambassador for the UK. I think you give way too much credence to what the Daily Mail believes the Queen is thinking or has said

vCash
    Well, there goes the plan to keep Kate's skirts in place: http://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpr...lead.jpg?w=600
    Yes, that was the photo I pointed out a while back when I said that she hadn't taken to weighting the hems of her outfits. I wasn't able to link to it directly in from the original site it appeared in.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Maybe she weighed it but it blew up anyway. Depends on the wind speed.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I really don't think the Queen is worrying too much re the Kate's wardrobe as it is gorgeous and she is an amazing ambassador for the UK. I think you give way too much credence to what the Daily Mail believes the Queen is thinking or has said
    It wasn't just the Daily Mail. I've read it recently NOT in DM that the Queen wants Kate to project more "majesty", whatever that means. It certainly does not necessarily mean longer hemlines but that's what the article said--more high couture, more royal bling, less high street, less casual wear, less recycling, longer skirts. They cited a palace source.

Whatever the case, I am glad Kate looks beautiful as always on this trip. Her style does not need tweaking. She is nearly always perfectly dressed and groomed.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    It wasn't just the Daily Mail. I've read it recently NOT in DM that the Queen wants Kate to project more "majesty", whatever that means. It certainly does not necessarily mean longer hemlines but that's what the article said--more high couture, more royal bling, less high street, less casual wear, less recycling, longer skirts. They cited a palace source.

Whatever the case, I am glad Kate looks beautiful as always on this trip. Her style does not need tweaking. She is nearly always perfectly dressed and groomed.
    That story started in the DM and spread from there. It is very much looking as if it is entirely untrue. She has worn plenty of off the rack clothing on this tour, including a top from Gap. She has worn very little jewelry beyond her normal choices. The only thing that could possibly give it credibility is that some of her hemlines have been lower, but lower hemlines have been in stores and on runways this spring, so she is likely just on trend there.

vCash
    Could somebody start a new thread, please? With a title that doesn't make me flinch every time I read it? Sorry to be so prim, but this title just seemed so disrespectful.

vCash
    Well, if the Queen wants "less recycling"- I'm glad they've ignored it. In his brief appearances, George has already "recycled" an outfit.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like recycling. It's common sense and if you have an outfit you love, why not wear it again?

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    That story started in the DM and spread from there. It is very much looking as if it is entirely untrue. She has worn plenty of off the rack clothing on this tour, including a top from Gap. She has worn very little jewelry beyond her normal choices. The only thing that could possibly give it credibility is that some of her hemlines have been lower, but lower hemlines have been in stores and on runways this spring, so she is likely just on trend there.
    She did wear some more diamond bling recently and bright colors (that bright bright yellow that William snarkily called "bananaesque") that people described as characteristic of the Queen. Which would be understandable had Kate worked with the Queen's personal stylist, as the article suggested. But it seems Kate had only paid minimal attention if such suggestions really were made and with some exceptions, continued wearing what she likes.

As for the Queen and looking majestic, I understand that bright colors make her easier to spot but not necessarily make her look any more regal. To me QE2 looks like an eccentric elderly lady who likes to dress like the magical older folks in Harry Potter. Le shrug.

from Speedy Death

vCash

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051