Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Twitter:

The Raw Story ‏@RawStory 43m
    Swedish King Carl XVI reveals name of the country’s newborn princess http://ow.ly/u2qLN

vCash
    Wow. Didn't expect her to get a title since her dad is a commoner. I'm guessing that each country with a monarchy has different rules regarding this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:
    Love the comment at the bottom of the link "most babies look like Winston Churchill."
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Wow. Didn't expect her to get a title since her dad is a commoner. I'm guessing that each country with a monarchy has different rules regarding this?
    The King's lawyer made a statement back in the Fall the little onw would be a HRH Prince/Princess of Sweden Duke/Duchess of County/Province in Sweden. So I was expecting it. Doesn't mean I care for it as her Father is a Commoner who refused a Title on his Marriage last year. IMO, this proves to me more than anything else could, the various articles and also postings by Swedish Members of The Royal Forums over the years that Madeleine as the Baby of the Family has been rather spoiled by her Parents.

The biggest shocker to me was the picture released of little Leonore being held in the Queen's arms and the King beside them. We never got one like that w/Estelle until her Christening and she's the Heir to the Heir, so why do we get one w/Leonore now? It's just plain odd IMO

I do love her name though and so happy Lilian is one of them. It's well known how close their Great Aunt was to all three of them and what a lovely way to honour her Memory too.

I thought some, if not all, of the details for the Cambridges Kiwi and Aussie Tour were supposed to be released today, but I haven't seen anything. Has anyone else?

vCash
    I read somewhere that in order for Leonore to get and keep her HRH status, Madeleine and Chris will have to permanently move to Sweden by the time Leonore is six and she'll have to grow up in Sweden. That sounds fair to me as I think her having a royal title is kind of silly. She won't be the Queen and I'm sure Victoria and Daniel will have at least one more child and Carl Phillip and his future wife would more than likely have a child, so she's well down the line of succession.

But she's very cute and considering how good looking her parents are I'm sure she'll grow up to be a stunner.

vCash
    Nice Official Photo of Kate/Will/George/Dog

What do you think the dog is thinking? His face is priceless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post

Prince George adores Lupo! To me it looks like Lupo is looking beyond the baby, maybe a bird or squirrel he wants to chase.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    “SQUIRREL!!"
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    That look on George's face is priceless. You can tell that dog is the light of his life.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love george's sweater
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post

Mutual adoration.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    The dog is probably going "He's going to grab me, isn't he? I'm going to get squished again, won't I?".
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Little Georgie is a cutie pie! He loves his canine brother.

vCash
    please Please PLEASE don't call him Georgie. ICK ICK ICK

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I read the article but don't see where she has 'defied royal orders'? I would also be surprised if there were any such orders as it is seen as a boost to the high street when Kate heads off to normal stores to do her shopping!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I read the article but don't see where she has 'defied royal orders'? I would also be surprised if there were any such orders as it is seen as a boost to the high street when Kate heads off to normal stores to do her shopping!!
    There was an article in The Daily Mail last month informing us that the Queen had ordered Kate to wear longer skirts, only couture, no repeats and put on the bling from the royal jewels. The American press then picked it up, reported it as absolutely true and there was a big fuss.

Since then, she has appeared in repeats with low key jewelry and the same length skirts (see the wedding she attended last weekend for example). And now shopping at Gap.

Could it be that the Daily Mail made some crap up?? Imagine that.

vCash
    If the Queen needs to fix anyone's wardrobe, she should probably start with Princess Anne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    If the Queen needs to fix anyone's wardrobe, she should probably start with Princess Anne.
    I suggested over at "Crazy women who all but stalk Kate" that in a family where Princess Anne wears clothing she first appeared in in the 1980s, the Queen is obviously not worried about it. The answers were basically along the lines of "But DIANA". And that is a shadow that Kate is never going to escape with the crazy people. I suspect that is the source of "long hair is NOT royal and she must cut it all off" angst as well.

vCash
    I'm glad that the Duchess of Cambridge has found a style all her own; respectful of tradition when necessary, yet contemporary for the "21st Century monarchy".
    It may become a bit more "formal" as her role changes; however, I'm sure that she will never look "stodgy" or dated.

There's no need for her to "compete" with Princess Diana.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast