Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    it was more interesting when she was pretending she wasnt pregnant and queueing up for baby clothes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    So ,,, the baby will be the child of Gad?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The Duchess of Cambridge's hair is noticeably darker: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...style-12598288

I prefer the highlighted look, this is a bit too harsh IMO.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Her hair looks lovely either way, IMO.

vCash
    I like the darker look.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I understand securing the secession has always been important but QEII wasn't raised with the idea that she would someday be queen. So the choice came down to Elizabeth, or if she died childless, Margaret. So I'm not sure that the thought "I'd better hurry up & have a child" was paramount in her mind, unless she didn't like her sister & wanted to bar her from the monarchy. It appears that the fact that William & Kate didn't hurry up could mean that William trusts that his brother is just as qualified to be king as he is (since it's pretty much just a titular position anyway). That is, if Harry ever grows up & gets his head out of his butt.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think William has a bit more time given that the Queen is still going fairly strong and his father is only in his 60s and appears to be in good health. The Queen ascended at a young age so perhaps was in a bigger hurry, whereas it will likely be a long time before William and his heirs sit on the throne. But anyway, William and Kate did start fairly soon by some standards - she was pregnant when they had been married less than a year and half, and around 2 years after they officially announced their engagement, and that after saying they would take their time (which might just have been messaging in case it took time to get pregnant so they wouldn't have as much pestering from everyone).

Also Elizabeth's father came to the throne when she was 10, so I imagine that from that point onward, her upbringing and that of her sister changed significantly. My take on the 10 year gap between her first two children and the last two children as that given that she became Queen when the first two were very young, she might have wanted to concentrate on her duties as Queen, and once more comfortable in the role, once again focused on having young children.

vCash
    I have a strong feeling that Charles will never live to be King. HM will out live him. JMO.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The Duchess of Cambridge wore a tiara today:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...am-Palace.html

vCash
    I was beginning to think she never would...

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    The Duchess of Cambridge wore a tiara today:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...am-Palace.html

vCash
    Gorgeous!!
    DH - and that's just my opinion

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cant believe no one has identified it yet, it has to have a name
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    From what I'm reading elsewhere it's called the Lotus Flower Tiara. http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...ion-lotus.html

This sucks that we only get pictures from them arriving at the Palace! I understand that photographers aren't normally at this event and haven't been for years but don't they know this is a special circumstance?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Also Elizabeth's father came to the throne when she was 10, so I imagine that from that point onward, her upbringing and that of her sister changed significantly. My take on the 10 year gap between her first two children and the last two children as that given that she became Queen when the first two were very young, she might have wanted to concentrate on her duties as Queen, and once more comfortable in the role, once again focused on having young children.
    I had forgotten how young she was when her father ascended. I supposed from that point (if they knew there would be no more children) that she was raised with the knowledge that she would be queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I have a strong feeling that Charles will never live to be King. HM will out live him. JMO.
    I have always felt this.

vCash
    Perhaps, some pictures of her dress will appear tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i cant believe no one has identified it yet, it has to have a name
    Why did the article change? When I first read it, it identified it by name, now it doesn't.
    I understand they added pictures of just the tiara, but strange to take that out.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Here's the big question...Is she also wearing The Royal Family Order? I don't see a hint of the top of a yellow silk ribbon on her left shoulder, but we're also not getting to see much that neckline either, so it could be there.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast