Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    he's all philip around the eyes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I've always thought he was Elizabeth around the eyes, LOL!!!

With Princess Eugenie, she looks just like the Queen Mother did when she was young and Princess Beatrice looks a bit like Prince Philip's mother, at least, around the eyes...

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I've always thought he was Elizabeth around the eyes, LOL!!!

With Princess Eugenie, she looks just like the Queen Mother did when she was young and Princess Beatrice looks a bit like Prince Philip's mother, at least, around the eyes...
    Big time yes w/Eugenie looking just the Queen Mum when young. I once showed my Sister a side by side photo comparison, because she didn't believe me when I told her that, but seeing the pictures side by side changed her mind.

PDillema, I should have said of the four Granddaughters we know who in the Windsors looks just like their Royal Granny. ITA w/you about Prince Harry looking like his Gramps, Prince Phillip. A few weeks ago he attended a night time Charity Event and the look he had on his face was all Phillip. I actually had both my parents look at that particular picture. Just to make sure I was truly seeing what I thought I eas seeing and they were just as blown away as I was.

Speaking of pictures....Brand new photos of Sweden's Princess Estelle were released on their Official Website. I'm on the iPad Mini and have no idea how to copy and paste links on it, but I highly reccomend going to find them. Especially the second of the three where HRH is taking away a pumpkin in her own little wheelbarrow. Too adorable for words.

I can't wait to see this year's Christmas Pictures of Estelle. She's now old enough to be caught up in all the magic of Christmas and she's such a happy little girl to begin w/. She'll literally be radiant in a few weeks time.

vCash
    Danish Royal Family Portrait: Creepy or Not?

I totally vote creepy, especially the children.

vCash
    double post

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    They look like the Addams Family.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Very weird looking.

On a better looking note, I love the dress Kate is wearing:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...by-George-news

And she is out again:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ity-visit.html
    And this time the wind is causing her some trouble. I certainly wouldn't care if I had legs like that!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Danish Royal Family Portrait: Creepy or Not?

I totally vote creepy, especially the children.
    that kid up front just wished me out to the cornfield
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    that kid up front just wished me out to the cornfield
    and the little girl on the far left knows exactly who the demon seed is.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    maybe george sanders can sneak in a hidden time bomb

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post

On a better looking note, I love the dress Kate is wearing:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...by-George-news

And she is out again:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ity-visit.html
    And this time the wind is causing her some trouble. I certainly wouldn't care if I had legs like that!
    Kate looks beautiful as always. The hair color, the tights-clad legs, the taste in clothes--the woman is stylistic perfection.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    and the little girl on the far left knows exactly who the demon seed is.
    Suri agrees with you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Kate looks beautiful as always. The hair color, the tights-clad legs, the taste in clothes--the woman is stylistic perfection.
    She looks wonderful!
    It's great that she's not afraid to "recycle" a dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Suri agrees with you
    I saw that yesterday - Princess Isabella as Zombie Harper Beckham was priceless

That it one bizarre portrait. I wonder why Queen Margrethe went for that (clearly it must have been, if not her idea, at least something she signed off on).

vCash
    I had to laugh at this article. If you replace Kate with Diana and Cressida with Sarah, the article could have been cut and pasted from a newspaper 30 years ago!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...oyal-Tradition
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I bet this is the change the royals are scared of: the return of the scrunchie! http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-10-02/p...t-on-the-town/

from Speedy Death

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    That awful portrait is hideous beyond words, but everyone calling it the Addams Family Portrait, have it dead on. Espescially Prince Christian. Good Lord, this guy has done the impossible and turned one very good looking kid into something out of Children of the Corn!! Some of the Danes at The Royal Forums have tried to explain it by saying that w/Queen Margarthe being the increably artisric person that she is, this very well appealed to her artistic senses.

I personally think, nice try, but I don't think so... It's just so...Blech!!

In far more important news...

HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway underwent surgery earlier this week to remove two herniated disks in her neck, that's not only caused her horrible pain,, but has also really limited her moblity. She had gone on Medical Leave from late August (IIRC) to early October to see if that would help, and then again from that time until the first week of November, but it didn't and she had no other choice but Surgery.

According to the Royal Family's Press office, it happened on Monday sometime, everything went well and according to plan, and HRH was doing well. Nothing since that I know of, but I also haven't checked TRF tonight either, so... As I said to Mom earlier tonight, I 'm looking at it as no news is good news. Here's hoping it's true in this case.

Part of the reason I haven't checked TRF today is that if I see one post about how inapproiate Kate's short skirts are and when oh when will start putting weights in her hems to keep this from happening, I will scream or throw the iPad Mini or both!! It also doesn't seem to matter one bit there's Photo Evidence of everyone from the Queen to Diana to Anne to...etc who has had their skirts ending up as a victim of the wind. Or that Queen Mathilde of Belgium came close to a wardrobe malfunction yesterday as she was getting out of a car. As she had turned to get out, her skirt rode *way* up to half way up her thigh and gave those who love legs (like my Dad) something new to admire anout HM. And her skirt was below the knee too, but these things can and do happen.

Then again...That's actual proof *and* Royal women who aren't HRH The Duchess of Cambridge/Kate, so of course that means nothing. :rolleyed:

Also the lil fact that Kate was so fascinated by what she learning about such issues as Cyberbullying, Sexting and Addiction Issues that concern young people, which is what Place2Be is all about, that she stayed an hour longer than she was scheduled to. I think IIRC, the session of the Workshop she stayed for was about Young People, Depression and how in trying to escape or cope w/ever going on their lives, they turn to drugs, alcohol, cutting, etc, and that turns into Addiction issues on top of everything else. Since that also ties into Kate's Patronage of Action on Addiction, I'm guessing she decided to stay in order to learn a bit more about how Place2Be is working to help kids deal w/both issues.

Only a guess of course, but one that isn't that out the realm of possiblity IMO. I love the photos of Kate talking to some of the experts of the sessions she attended, as they show just how passionate she is about the work Place2Be is doing and she truly is interested in learning more in order to do more.

Hope that makes sense.

Only a couple of weeks until the glitz, glamour and Tiaras of the Nobel Prize Galas!! Also to see Princess Madeliene's Maternity Gala Wear. Will we see a fabulous stunning look like Big Sister Victoria's Blue Elie Saab she wore the first night of the festivities when she was expecting Estelle or will be like Victoria's sloppy tent looking thing she had for the second night? Only time will tell.

ETA~ Prince Harry and rest of the Teams taking part in the South Pole Allied Challenge have finally made it to Antarctica!! They'll spend the next week and a bit getting acclaimed and used to it all, then the Race to the South Pole begins!! This is both a fundraiser for various charities such as Walking w/the Wounded in the UK and Soldier On in Canada and a chance to show the World anything is possible. For instance, two of the Veterans on Harry's Team, one lost one of her legs and the other one lost both of his, thanks to IED's in Afghanistan. There are three teams in total : Team UK, Team USA and Team Commonwealth made up of Canadian and Aussie Wounded Warriors.

Obviously, here's to all of the goals being met and everyone making to the South Pole *and* home safe and sound. That of course is most important. However...

GO TEAM COMMONWEALTH GO!!

Last edited by AragornElessar; 11-23-2013 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I had to laugh at this article. If you replace Kate with Diana and Cressida with Sarah, the article could have been cut and pasted from a newspaper 30 years ago!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...oyal-Tradition
    I don't know how reliable a source EntertainmentWise is but I seriously doubt the "old guard" is shaking in its boots. It sounds like a "I'm desperate because there's no real news today so let's make up some fake controversy" article.

On another front, I think Cressada is a very pretty girl but I wish she had better posture. She stands upright but she seems to slump her shoulders forward in every picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I don't know how reliable a source EntertainmentWise is but I seriously doubt the "old guard" is shaking in its boots.
    It sounds like a "I'm desperate because there's no real news today so let's make up some fake controversy" article..
    "The Firm" has done a good job of modernizing its' image and attitudes thus far; creating a monarchy acceptable in/for the 21st century.
    I'm sure that this effort will continue.

ETA: That portrait isn't something which should be preserved for posterity!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I don't know how reliable a source EntertainmentWise is but I seriously doubt the "old guard" is shaking in its boots. It sounds like a "I'm desperate because there's no real news today so let's make up some fake controversy" article.

On another front, I think Cressada is a very pretty girl but I wish she had better posture. She stands upright but she seems to slump her shoulders forward in every picture.
    I agree about the slow news day. It is quite amazing how many articles can be spun out of one outing or one quote.

Cressada's posture is unusual for a dancer. I assume it is better when she is dancing.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast