Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Sure, there are some women who could rock any 'do, but if the only compliments a woman gets on her hair are from other women, it's a sign that she's been taken largely out of contention.

Men don't generally comment on women's hair unless it's a woman they know well. Women comment on other women's hair, clothes, jewellery all the time. It's small talk.
    Last edited by *Jen*; 10-27-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Sure, there are some women who could rock any 'do, but if the only compliments a woman gets on her hair are from other women, it's a sign that she's been taken largely out of contention.
    I don't think suggesting another hairstyle is a compliment- it's a suggestion. I've never had a man suggest a different hairstyle; I've heard it often from other women.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I don't think suggesting another hairstyle is a compliment- it's a suggestion. I've never had a man suggest a different hairstyle; I've heard it often from other women.
    It's not only a suggestion, it's also a diss. It's saying you could look better if only....

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Just when I thought the best Christening pic was the one of wee George w/his arms up celebrating, they release that new one yesterday and...Wow!! That one is just beyond lovely and stunning. That look between Kate and George is just...Sigh!!

Jason Bell realy did a great job w/these IMO.

Oh and allegedly, HM has a small bottle of selzter water in her handbags. Just in case a corgi isn't able to hold it and...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    J
    Oh and allegedly, HM has a small bottle of selzter water in her handbags. Just in case a corgi isn't able to hold it and...
    and the dog drinks seltzer instead?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Like she cleans any of that mess up herself.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Like she cleans any of that mess up herself.
    Yes, that was my thought as well. Why does she need the seltzer exactly?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Not sure if this one has been posted before:
    http://www.today.com/news/new-photo-...led-8C11473218

vCash
    Seltzer is good for dealing with unexpected spills and stains - of all kinds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Not sure if this one has been posted before:
    http://www.today.com/news/new-photo-...led-8C11473218
    Fabulous portrait. I also love the one where PG's arms are in the air, but this is perfect for the official portrait. What a lovely looking family.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Seltzer is good for dealing with unexpected spills and stains - of all kinds.
    Yes, I know but she wouldn't be the one dealing with any of that. Maybe she just likes to drink the seltzer water. I understand that when she travels she transports her own to avoid tummy troubles.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    The official "Four Generations" christening photograph:
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...jasonbell3.jpg

vCash
    I love how William has the baby lean going on. He clearly spends a lot of time with his son.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    It's a great mix of "Formal" and "family".
    Perfect for an image which will be seen for/by generations to come.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    And I love how the baby already has the folded arms thing down .. so cute!! My two did the same thing at his age.

vCash
    I love the slightly annoyed look on the baby's face He couldn't care less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Really? I think James looks way better with the beard than without.
    Oh I agree! My first thought was "who's the hottie with the beard?!" I googled pictures of him clean-shaven and it's just no comparison.

Maybe they lightened Kate's undereye area a bit? But otherwise I think she's not too Photoshopped. That cream color is outrageously flattering on her.

vCash
    ..............and a very Happy 10th Birthday to HRH Princess Louise of Wessex!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    ..............and a very Happy 10th Birthday to HRH Princess Louise of Wessex!
    Yes indeed!!

When you think how close things were to being so horribly tragic 10 years ago yesterday... Both Sophie and Louise's Guardian Angels were working overtime that night.

I just can't get over how much she looks like her Granny HM the Queen at that age. Out of all four of the Granddaughters Louise is the only one who really resembles her Royal Granny. There seems to be one in every family who takes after a Grandparent looks wise and it's obvious who that is in the Windsors.

I hope she had a wonderful day yesterday and I am looking forward to seeing what the next ten years brings her. Happy Belated Birthday to HRH Princess Louise of Weesex!!

Tonight in London, the annual Festival of Remembrance took place at The Royal Albert Hall in the presence of HM, the Duke of Edinburgh and most of the Senior Royals. The only ones missing were Charles and Camilla, as they're currently on tour in India and Sri Lanka. Tomorrow, The Queen will lead the UK in marking Remembrance Sunday. She will be lying a wreath at the Cenetaph, followed by other Members of the Royal Family, the PM, other members of the British Government and then by Members of The Diplomatic Corps.

William and Harry will be among the Royals lying wreaths, and in Harry's case, he will be subbing for his Father tomorrow morning. The spouses will be watching the Cermony from a balcony of a building (which I'm blanking on at the moment...) and I'll be checking to see if Sophie wears a Canadian Poppy again or not. She's done that for at least the last three to four years now.

Every year I'm amazed how at their age how both HM and the Duke of Edinburgh can, not only handle those steps up, but can handle going back down backwards every year. Very impressive!!

vCash
    I think there are two grandchildren that resemble a Windsor grandparent:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kw...anljo1_400.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kw...anljo1_400.jpg

I know no one wants to acknowledge that because it ruins the "he isn't Charles' son" gossip.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast