Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Andrew, on the other hand, IMHO was good looking when young but now always looks like a pompous a$$.
    Eh, his problems go beyond his appearance. His friendship with the pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and possibly sharing underage girls with him is a lot yuckier.

vCash
    I think the most rabid royalty fan must realize that there's nothing different or better about royal blood. Being raised in that environment certainly makes people more refined & publically poised but their blood is the same as everyone else's. And when they act like certain members of the royal family, they aren't worthy of being called royal. I used to think QE2 was fighting a losing battle trying to clean up their reputations but William & Kate are doing a lot to help. Now if Harry would just stay out of the news......

vCash
    New program about Prince William upconing on CNN:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post

Besides, "Prince Anne" would be too femmy, and Englishmen are already teetering on the girly edge with their crumpets.
    No, they aren't.

Correct, and he never got an upgrade to King in his British gig for the reasons you and I mention. He's spent the past six decades moping about it.
    No, he hasn't. He's not such an idiot that he'd think he could buck hundreds of years of tradition to be king.

No, Philip uses the last name Mountbatten, the name his father adopted in England. Some Philip's descendents have at times used the name Mountbatten-Windsor. For example, Andrew and Anne used Mountbatten-Windsor on their wedding licenses, which suggests it's not a good idea.
    Absolutely There's a LOT in a name when it comes to the royals...it's why Charles would likely change his name if he became king. No King Charles has had a happy reign

Quote Originally Posted by Marney0612 View Post
    That's a pretty tasteless title. I think I preferred just "Royalty Thread".
    Guys, this is FSU. If you want taste, you should look elsewhere

You should do what the Brits do and take the piss out of them except on important occasions like jubilee celebrations and on christenings, when we respect them. Marriages are fair game however; we did have a prolonged national conversation about Pippa Middleton's arse
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Absolutely There's a LOT in a name when it comes to the royals...it's why Charles would likely change his name if he became king. No King Charles has had a happy reign
    George hasn't had such a stellar history either. G3 was insane & his son was a narcasstic hedonistic wastrel.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Correct, and he never got an upgrade to King in his British gig for the reasons you and I mention. He's spent the past six decades moping about it.
    you make things up as you go along dont you?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    No, Philip uses the last name Mountbatten, the name his father adopted in England. Some Philip's descendents have at times used the name Mountbatten-Windsor. For example, Andrew and Anne used Mountbatten-Windsor on their wedding licenses, which suggests it's not a good idea.
    Not true. His father never lived in England and was never a Mountbatten. The name comes from his MOTHER'S family. She was born Princess Alice of Battenberg (a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria through her mother's line), and was born at Windsor Castle, as her mother and grandmother had been before her. She married Andrew of Greece in 1903, so she did not change her name when the rest of her family (who were living in England, where her father was in the British navy) changed their names in 1917 to the Anglicized Mountbatten, so technically she never was a Mountbatten. She spent the war years in Greece. When Philip needed a surname when he later joined the British navy-long before he married Elizabeth, he chose the name of his mother's family, as they were the ones who had brought him up after his parents' separation- particularly his uncles George and Louis.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/r...edium=buzzfeed

The First Official Portraits Of Prince George Of Cambridge
    Here are the first official photos of Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George. The informal pictures were taken by Kate’s father Michael Middleton.

vCash
    Cute! Young George appears very blase about it all.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

INTJ
    vCash
    I like that they've gone a more informal route
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like when there are dogs in the photo
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Those pictures radiate real happiness.
    Long may it continue!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marney0612 View Post
    That's a pretty tasteless title. I think I preferred just "Royalty Thread".
    I agree. Please delete the last bit.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I have to say I don't care for it much either. I get that the thread is supposed to be frivolous and fun, but I've always found that term pretty gross.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 28s
    AP VIDEO: Prince William describes joy at introducing newborn son to world: http://apne.ws/16qw2Ih -RJJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post

Here are the first official photos of Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George. The informal pictures were taken by Kate’s father Michael Middleton.
    They look fabulous, like a wonderful happy family. But those pictures aren't good- the lighting is terrible. They look like they belong on facebook, not released to the media. I know they are trying to appear as 'normal people'; but most of the normal people I know have gone out of their way to get good baby pictures...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    Not true. His father never lived in England and was never a Mountbatten. The name comes from his MOTHER'S family.
    So he's had a lifetime of hiding behind skirts. No wonder he's so cranky all the time.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I really like the photos - so natural and honest, and so sweet that they were taken by the proud grandpa I've also been reading/seeing excerpts of William's interview - sounds like such a well balanced guy. I'm glad Kate has had this time at home in the comfortable and supportive surroundings of her family in these first few weeks, rather than being locked up in some stuffy palace with a raft of servants around her. William is being very smart about doing his job and duty while quietly and firmly drawing the lines where it matters most to him, his wife and now his child.

Also, I think I'm finally warming up to the name George, now that I've heard William say it a few times - he pronounces it much better than I do

vCash
    Twitter:

BBC News (World) ‏@BBCWorld 4h
    Is the new #royalbaby picture a charming home snap, or simply a bad photo? An expert speaks: http://bbc.in/1eZ9yQy

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Lovely photo, only just needed a little fill flash.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast