Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Yeah, England will curl up and die if there's another Princess Anne, just like they did the first time. Oh, wait...

Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful young woman.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Elizabeth could handle one Anne, but the old broad doesn't want to double her displeasure. Liz looks good for a vintage blue blood, but her sis Large Marge wasn't so fortunate, which had to make it that much tougher for the latter when Liz decided to c-block her.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    I wouldn't mind looking like the young Princess Margaret.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm with you, falling_dance.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Yeah, England will curl up and die if there's another Princess Anne, just like they did the first time. Oh, wait...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Elizabeth could handle one Anne, but the old broad doesn't want to double her displeasure. Liz looks good for a vintage blue blood, but her sis Large Marge wasn't so fortunate, which had to make it that much tougher for the latter when Liz decided to c-block her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJg1zqWKFZU
    IMHO Margaret was easily the better looking of the two . Not to say the Queen is unattractive, but her appearance and demeanor always came across as so severe, even as a child.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Of course it's great that they marry whomever they want. I am simply weary of some of the undertones. I personally don't care, not even a tiny bit, about how much hair Prince George ends up with, or how tall he will be. I just hope that he gets to be a happy kid and grows up to be a well-rounded interesting human being, that at some time in the future will be a good leader to his people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    I certainly went to the effort of making of that post. I would go to the effort a dozen times over.

A dying baby is a tragic thing. A baby suffering from a catastrophic seizure disorder is a tragic thing. A baby suffering from cancer is a tragic thing.

Going bald in your late twenties and not being tall? That's like nothing, absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter.

And no, I haven't really met lots of ugly children. Or ugly people for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    ^^ People are more likely to be ugly on the inside, than on the outside. I know a few people who would be considered very attractive, physically. But, they are nasty, so I don't think they are attractive, at all.

vCash
    Lovely photo of Kate, George, and William on the front of this week's People magazine.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash

vCash
    Wasn't George the name of the King during the American Revolutionary War?
    I wonder why they'd go with that as a first name, unless of course they are honoring a completely different monarch? Although, I did read that in the colonies, the Loyalists at the time loved that King and the Patriots hated him. Also, that the people in Great Britain (at the time) felt he did nothing wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I wonder why they'd go with that as a first name, unless of course they are honoring a completely different monarch? Although, I did read that in the colonies, the Loyalists at the time loved that King and the Patriots hated him. Also, that the people in Great Britain (at the time) felt he did nothing wrong.
    Two of the most recent kings of England, Elizabeth's father and grandfather, were George V and George VI. I highly doubt that the couple were thinking all the way back to George III who died in 1820, but rather that they sought to honor William's own great grandfather and great great grandfather.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    I wouldn't mind looking like the young Princess Margaret.
    Sure, but as mentioned, she didn't age well, unlike her sister. It's probably just as well Liz put her foot down, since in Maggie's youth she was nailing some pretty low-grade characters, from a mob boss to Warren Beatty.
    Last edited by heckles; 07-29-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Two of the most recent kings of England, Elizabeth's father and grandfather, were George V and George VI. I highly doubt that the couple were thinking all the way back to George III who died in 1820, but rather that they sought to honor William's own great grandfather and great great grandfather.
    Yes. My money was on George to honor HMQ's father. True, that wasn't his first name, but "Albert" wouldn't really be a popular choice....Yes, "George" was King George III's name but it goes back to the first Hanoverian king of England, George I. (The current line of succession descends from Sophia of Hannover, who was the granddaughter of James VI/I, which does, btw, mean the current house is very tangentaly related to the Tudors via Henry VIII's sister Margaret, which was how James VI had the best claim on the English throne when Elizabeth I failed to produce an heir.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Maybe they are secretly supporting the Scottish separatist movement and named the baby after George Washington who led a similar movement...

vCash
    Or they named him after Peppa Pig's little brother?
    http://peppapedia.wikia.com/wiki/George_Pig

vCash
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...ie-in-no-time/

Royal Roundup: Prince Charles Says Royal Baby Will Be Called ‘Georgie’ In No Time
    By Erin Janosik | Posted on July 29th, 2013

(article has pix)
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    I hope the nickname won't last beyond childhood.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Ugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I hope the nickname won't last beyond childhood.
    I doubt it will. Many men in particular have nicknames like that that do not last beyond childhood except perhaps in their immediate families. My extended family had Davey, Mikey, Stevie, Timmy, and Scotty. They are now David, Mike, Steve, Tim and Scott. Although, those of us who are roughly the same age as Mike often still call him Mikey. The world outside of us does not and his parents always called him Michael.

vCash
    LOL. Poor Jenny. Maybe you can adopt fandom for some of the other country’s royals whilst Georgie is growing up. Or maybe he’ll soon have a sister to steal some of the spot light.

The hottest guy in my high school was a George, so the name generally doesn’t bother me. But “Georgie” is kind of obnoxious.
    What would Jenny do?

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast