Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    awww, i like little lady louise, she always looks like she stepped out of the 40s (i mean that in a good way, i think it suits her)
    maybe i just think that because she resembles QEII so much
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    She looks like a little girl, not a miniature fashonista. And that's how it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Because the women in that family seem to live forever.
    Which would lead one to conclude that their sons would be long-lived too, no?

Princess Margaret was 71 when she died. One of Prince Philip's sisters (Princess Theodora) at the age of 66, and another (Princess Cecilie) died in an accident when she was 26. Philip himself is 92 and could live many more years. So one could just as easily say, based on that limited sample, that it's the men in that family who seem to live forever. There's not really any reason that I can think of to assume that Prince Charles won't outlive the Queen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    She looks like a little girl, not a miniature fashonista. And that's how it should be.
    Exactly! I can't believe anyone thinks it is okay to criticize children like that, public figures or not.

vCash
    I haven't been in this thread recently, so I wondered if the Queen's illness and Kate having a second child has been discussed. (OK, I see the Queen's health is being discussed)

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/03/24/295057/queen/

http://www.ibtimes.com/kate-middleto...report-1525152

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/26...ther-baby.html

vCash
    I haven't seen any confirmation that the Queen is "ailing", or that the Duchess is pregnant.
    Speculation and "wishful thinking" abound, though.

vCash
    The palace hasn't confirmed anything obviously, but isn't it true that the Queen entered hospital for a stomach bug awhile back? The gossip mag reports re Kate being pregnant again I know aren't reliable. Just as the ones about Prince Charles being nixed to take the throne in favor of William aren't -- that's simply NOT going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I haven't seen any confirmation that the Queen is "ailing", or that the Duchess is pregnant.
    Speculation and "wishful thinking" abound, though.
    Yeah, none of that is from reliable sources. As for a second pregnancy, my guess would be that given that she had HG in her first pregnancy making the chance of having it again pretty high, Kate and William would wait until after their long tour in Australia and New Zealand this year before they try for a second child.

Also...considering that in the comment section on one of those links someone claims that the Queen and Bill Clinton are siblings...well, consider the sources.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post

Also...considering that in the comment section on one of those links someone claims that the Queen and Bill Clinton are siblings...well, consider the sources.
    You mean they aren't?
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Notwithstanding the fact that all the cool kids old folk have been abdicating lately, I doubt the Queen of England will join them. She doesn't give in to vogues.

If she isn't up to public appearances on state occasions, she will have her eldest son fill in for her. He knows the schtick well enough by now to fill in for her if needed.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    At this point he knows it well enough to send *his* eldest son to fill in for her, until his son can do this in his sleep, too.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    At this point he knows it well enough to send *his* eldest son to fill in for her, until his son can do this in his sleep, too.
    It's all kind of hypothetical at this point, but I don't think HMQ and the Prince of Wales will be deputizing William to read the Queen's Speech or receive the credentials of foreign ambassadors any time soon. It really would send the wrong message about how seriously each one of them (including the Queen) takes his or her responsibilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Yes, Charles probably could do it in his sleep by now, which should make everyone relaxed about him becoming King. I think he will be a good one. He has had soooooo
    long to practice.

vCash
    Princess Cristina Charged in money laundering/tax fraud case: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/wo...-fraud.html?hp

vCash
    I"m sure Charles could do the job in his sleep, he is well prepared, but will people really accept him and show him their respect? That's a whole different story. I'm not so sure they will.

I had heard Infanta Cristina might be in trouble, and wow, they actually charged her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I"m sure Charles could do the job in his sleep, he is well prepared, but will people really accept him and show him their respect? That's a whole different story. I'm not so sure they will.
    Published in The Telegraph a couple of months ago:

Britons want Prince Charles to be next King

Most Britons want Prince Charles to be the next King and, as the next in line reaches his 65th birthday, his approval ratings are at an all-time high, according to surveys by Ipsos MORI.

Although 35 per cent believe that Prince Charles should cede succession to his son, Prince William, public opinion favours Prince Charles taking the throne, with 52 per cent believing that he should be the next King....
    There have been brief periods where more people supported Prince William as next King than Prince Charles, but overall support for the first in line to one day be King has been consistently strong over the past two decades.

vCash
    Let Charles be King, that will give William more prep time, and time to be with his young family.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Today is Kate's birthday

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    They really did it? Christina was charged!?! Good. Seeing the date I can understand how I missed that very big bit of info, as it's been a hectic week w/me in Toronto for a scoping of my right knee. That was Wednesday, but Pre Op was most of Tuesday afternoon & I took the TTC to & back from the Hospital...In that wicked cold & wind....the wind was so bad at one point, I was literally taken off my feet & slammed into the bus stop sign. So when I got back here to the hotel, checking out anything online, that was not my top priority. Getting something hot into me was far more important.

That's the 1 area/sub forum at The Royal Forums that drives me nuts. Yes links are posted to stories, interviews, whatever over there, but unlike the other Subforums for the other biggie Royal Families like Sweden, Holland, Denmark or Norway, they are almost never translated or explained into English. So it makes it tough to know what's going w/them, unless there's a video, and even then that's no sure thing due to not understanding Spainish.

So thanks for that information. Combine that w/just how shockingly frail and feeble the King looked at the annual New Year military event last weekend. Not just looked, but also sounded as well during his speech. He was even repeating himself a couple times during it & that w/it right in front of him on the podium AND a teleprompter. It was so sad to watch on the clip over at YouTube. Between that & Christina...It hasn't been a good week for the Spainish RF.

There's new video out there of Estelle, w/Mommy and Grandma visiting the exhibit celebrating Grandpa's Ruby Jubilee. Best part of it? They're on a bench w/Little Princess Muffet standing & suddenly, Estelle starts doing a little dance. It's too adorable. Just like she is.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 01-11-2014 at 02:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Published in The Telegraph a couple of months ago:

Britons want Prince Charles to be next King
    What Vagabond said. Since the media lost interest and started harassing the younger generation of royals, most people have accepted Camilla and don't mind Charles as king. Would he win a popularity contest against Will? No. But fortunately for him, this isn't a popularity contest. Those 35% probably don't hate him either, they just prefer Will.

It's outside of the UK where the malice against Charles and Camilla still has a loud voice
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast