Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Part of the reason I haven't checked TRF today is that if I see one post about how inapproiate Kate's short skirts are and when oh when will start putting weights in her hems to keep this from happening, I will scream or throw the iPad Mini or both!! It also doesn't seem to matter one bit there's Photo Evidence of everyone from the Queen to Diana to Anne to...etc who has had their skirts ending up as a victim of the wind. Or that Queen Mathilde of Belgium came close to a wardrobe malfunction yesterday as she was getting out of a car. As she had turned to get out, her skirt rode *way* up to half way up her thigh and gave those who love legs (like my Dad) something new to admire anout HM. And her skirt was below the knee too, but these things can and do happen.

Then again...That's actual proof *and* Royal women who aren't HRH The Duchess of Cambridge/Kate, so of course that means nothing. :rolleyed:

Also the lil fact that Kate was so fascinated by what she learning about such issues as Cyberbullying, Sexting and Addiction Issues that concern young people, which is what Place2Be is all about, that she stayed an hour longer than she was scheduled to. I think IIRC, the session of the Workshop she stayed for was about Young People, Depression and how in trying to escape or cope w/ever going on their lives, they turn to drugs, alcohol, cutting, etc, and that turns into Addiction issues on top of everything else. Since that also ties into Kate's Patronage of Action on Addiction, I'm guessing she decided to stay in order to learn a bit more about how Place2Be is working to help kids deal w/both issues.

Only a guess of course, but one that isn't that out the realm of possiblity IMO. I love the photos of Kate talking to some of the experts of the sessions she attended, as they show just how passionate she is about the work Place2Be is doing and she truly is interested in learning more in order to do more.

Hope that makes sense.

Only a couple of weeks until the glitz, glamour and Tiaras of the Nobel Prize Galas!! Also to see Princess Madeliene's Maternity Gala Wear. Will we see a fabulous stunning look like Big Sister Victoria's Blue Elie Saab she wore the first night of the festivities when she was expecting Estelle or will be like Victoria's sloppy tent looking thing she had for the second night? Only time will tell.

ETA~ Prince Harry and rest of the Teams taking part in the South Pole Allied Challenge have finally made it to Antarctica!! They'll spend the next week and a bit getting acclaimed and used to it all, then the Race to the South Pole begins!! This is both a fundraiser for various charities such as Walking w/the Wounded in the UK and Soldier On in Canada and a chance to show the World anything is possible. For instance, two of the Veterans on Harry's Team, one lost one of her legs and the other one lost both of his, thanks to IED's in Afghanistan. There are three teams in total : Team UK, Team USA and Team Commonwealth made up of Canadian and Aussie Wounded Warriors.

Obviously, here's to all of the goals being met and everyone making to the South Pole *and* home safe and sound. That of course is most important. However...

GO TEAM COMMONWEALTH GO!!

What do you mean the skirt problem has happened to royal women before? It has NEVER happened to anyone else. All the women you named were PERFECT and never did anything wrong and were ALWAYS above criticism. Diana was a goddess who never put a foot wrong and was above all criticism! /sarcasm off/

I am right there with you. And if I read one more critique of how Kate is ruining the royal family for all time by daring to look slightly tired as she has the last few months, I will end up destroying my computer. And if it includes the writer wondering with great drama why she could possibly be tired, I may destroy something else in my house. I have read that she looks tired because her marriage is ending, the Queen is angry at her, she is pregnant again, or that she is merely not taking what she owes us (not sure what she owes us--particularly the Americans making these comments) seriously. Because she could not possibly be tired because she is the mother of a young baby and young babies are kind of known for keeping mothers up at night. That could not be it. That would make way too much sense and hardly be dramatic enough.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Sheesh. how prosaic.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Because she could not possibly be tired because she is the mother of a young baby and young babies are kind of known for keeping mothers up at night. That could not be it. That would make way too much sense and hardly be dramatic enough.
    There you are .. bringing common sense to this thread when we like all the angst and .

vCash
    I've noticed that in recent outings Kate has eschewed her previous trademark shiny clear stockings for the slightly "edgier" thick black stockings. I kind of like the thick black stockings -- they're elegant without being royal frou-frou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canbelto View Post
    I've noticed that in recent outings Kate has eschewed her previous trademark shiny clear stockings for the slightly "edgier" thick black stockings. I kind of like the thick black stockings -- they're elegant without being royal frou-frou.
    I think it may be a summer /winter thing. I believe we have seen her in black tights in the winter in past years.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I think it may be a summer /winter thing. I believe we have seen her in black tights in the winter in past years.
    Still like the black tights look though and the fact that she seems to be wearing them more often. Wasn't really a fan of the shiny clear hose.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am a fan of both but living where I do, I get to wear the opaque tights more often. I have black and brown.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I agree- black on the legs is more of a winter look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am a fan of both but living where I do, I get to wear the opaque tights more often. I have black and brown.
    Living where I do I NEVER wear hose. I haven't owned a pair in years. But I think they are a good idea on Kate. Imagine the criticism if she went bare-legged.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think it's fine to go bare-legged in the summer. I think she has.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I think it's fine to go bare-legged in the summer. I think she has.
    I'm sure she did on their South Pacific tour. While I don't love everything she wears, I think she has done a great job dressing for her role. I have yet to see one outfit where I thought "WTF were you thinking." That is more than I can say for most people in the public eye!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Tranquillo
    vCash
    . I have yet to see one outfit where I thought "WTF were you thinking." That is more than I can say for most people in the public eye!
    That's more than I can say about some of my own outfits.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    It is.

Still like the black tights look though and the fact that she seems to be wearing them more often. Wasn't really a fan of the shiny clear hose.
    She isn't. She wore them all last winter, and the winter before that. Seeing her in trousers would be a surprise but I challenge you to find an official photo of her in winter not wearing black tights. It's winter in London. It's freaking cold!

Nearly all the girls in the city wear them. It's not possible to wear sheer tights in winter I adored wearing thick black tights with boots all winter. Makes me miss London just thinking about it
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Well, anytime I see things about London, I miss it.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    An article about the Duchess of Cambridge. http://omg.yahoo.com/news/kate-middl...us-weekly.html

She and her husband of two years, Prince William, are determined to keep their home a (mostly) nanny-free zone.

"Kate doesn't want George to be more used to the sight of the help than to his own parents," an insider told Us Weekly. All the sleepless nights and soldiering through events when duty calls are worth it in order for Kate to spend precious time with her son, said the Middleton family source. *snip*

Middleton's mom routine would appall 19th-century monarch Queen Victoria, who saw her children only to supervise their baths. And it would even come as a shock to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, who had to miss William's very first birthday because of a long-scheduled official trip with Charles to Canada. The duchess' rules: Her duties cannot take her far from London, and overnight trips are forbidden.
    My hat's off to her. She could have an army of nannies around the clock and actually sleep through the night but chooses not to. Very impressive.

from Speedy Death

vCash

My hat's off to her. She could have an army of nannies around the clock and actually sleep through the night but chooses not to. Very impressive.
    Is it really that impressive? I don't have children but a few friends recently had children and even though I'm sure they were tired and probably thought about how nice it would be to just be able to hand the task off to someone else, I don't think they would have wanted to do that really.
    I would assume that Kate wants to do that herself shows/proves that she wasn't pressured into marriage or children and that she's just a mom like every other mom.
    Last edited by ballettmaus; 11-28-2013 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    is it really that impressive? I don't have children but a few friends recently had children and even though I'm sure they were tired and probably thought about how nice it would be to just be able to hand the task off to someone else, I don't think they would have wanted to do that really.
    Not to mention, Kate gets tons of help with everything else (cleaning, cooking, shopping, etc.) What's more shocking is that Kate's desire to spend time with her son is groundbreaking by royal standards. Victoria only seeing her kids when she "supervised" their baths?! Diana's schedule set so that she would have to miss her son's first birthday?! No wonder they've had so many dysfunctional messes.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    To be fair to Victoria, she was a product of her time. Basically only the poor raised their children themselves. Even the middle class had nannies or nursery maids. Not the norm in our time perhaps but she wasn't an abnormal parent in those days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    To be fair to Victoria, she was a product of her time. Basically only the poor raised their children themselves. Even the middle class had nannies or nursery maids. Not the norm in our time perhaps but she wasn't an abnormal parent in those days.
    Yes and no. Empress Elisabeth of Austria was distraught when her first (then second and third) child were taken away from her to be raised by her mother-in-law, gave up the fight after that child died, but raised her fourth child on her own ten years later. Granted, I don't think that means she was raised without a nanny but she did have a mother.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Is it really that impressive? I don't have children but a few friends recently had children and even though I'm sure they were tired and probably thought about how nice it would be to just be able to hand the task off to someone else, I don't think they would have wanted to do that really.
    I would assume that Kate wants to do that herself shows/proves that she wasn't pressured into marriage or children and that she's just a mom like every other mom.
    Nonetheless, a lot of people who can afford it, have live-in nannies. Some people have a separate nanny for each child.

from Speedy Death

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast