Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have never had fruitcake. I have never seen fruitcake. Well, may be in the Yuna threads but not otherwise.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I think the problem with the formal photos is that Kate has bee photoshopped a bit too much. She looks way better in the snaps from the actual service. Yes, she looks a bit tired, but she is the mother of a 3 month old for goodness sakes! I wish they would stop trying to erase all the little imperfections. She is lovely just the way she is.
    I think it's not so much photoshop but the lighting that gives that effect. It looks like the photographer was going for a window lighting look that appears like it was blasted a little heavily for those on the front row on the couch, particularly Kate and the Queen, and falls off for those on the back row. It looks better controlled for the picture of just her, William and the baby but I do think that what most perceive as photoshopping can be achieved with better lighting than what you see with the candid pictures from the christening. I'm sure a little photoshop work was done on everybody but she doesn't look airbrushed like you would see on a magazine cover. You can still see a bit of laugh lines and the texture of her skin looks unmodified. I do think this photographer didn't get the challenge of lighting a big group quite right and it resulted in Kate looking a bit washed out in a couple of pictures.

vCash
    I enjoy the royals (esp naked Harry ) & I was glad they shared the pictures of this special day. However wrong the colors worn were, how photo-shopped, how vivid, how washed out, how staged they were.

BTW what IS in the Queen's handbag? Nuclear codes, mace, emergency candy bars, what? Why must she always have it with her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    She should cut her hair because you don't like it?
    Chicks try to get other chicks to have short hair, because it levels the competitive field. "Oh, you'd look so CUTE with short hair!"

vCash
    Mean, bitter chicks, maybe. But I don't think too many people are in competition with Kate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Chicks try to get other chicks to have short hair, because it levels the competitive field. "Oh, you'd look so CUTE with short hair!"
    Or they actually think they'd look cute with short hair? Long hair isn't the best look for everyone.

I think Kate would look nice with shorter hair, but I also think her hair looks lovely at the current length. I feel like the neckline of the dress did need a necklace though. But because of her hair down, I couldn't see her earrings, so I thought she was jewerly free.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 10-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    I think for that evening out something was slightly missing from her appearance. Now, of course she looked great, but I think she could have looked even better with even a small understated something around her neck, like a simple diamond. I like that she likes simple and understated, but a little sparkle there would not have been remiss because with her long hair you didn't even notice she wore earrings unless you really looked.

I can't help but say that I actually prefer how she dressed and did her hair before she got engaged!! Now she has to always look perfect and elegant so people like us can comment, LOL!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I love Kate's long hair - and if my stylist and colourist are anything to go by, I'm not alone because they get requests for her cut, blow out and colour all the time

But like James' facial hair, to each his own

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    BTW what IS in the Queen's handbag? Nuclear codes, mace, emergency candy bars, what? Why must she always have it with her?
    I remember reading once that she does have an American Express card ("Do you know me? I am the Queen of Engliand." "Yeah, right, lady, and I am Leonardo DiCaprio!") and that she has an excellent credit rating.

I expect she also carries with her a handkerchief or tissue paper, her eyeglasses, and maybe photos of her great-grandchildren and/or her corgis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I remember reading once that she does have an American Express card ("Do you know me? I am the Queen of Engliand." "Yeah, right, lady, and I am Leonardo DiCaprio!") and that she has an excellent credit rating.

I expect she also carries with her a handkerchief or tissue paper, her eyeglasses, and maybe photos of her great-grandchildren and/or her corgis.
    The official word in a recent bio was reading glasses, mints, a pen and a folded bill on Sundays for the church offering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Fruitcake lasts forever
    It is all I need to please me
    It can stimulate and feed me
    It won't leave in the night, I've no fear that it might desert me

Fruitcake lasts forever
    Hold some up and then caress it
    Touch it, stroke it and undress it
    I can smell every part, nothing hides in the heart to hurt me

I don't need love
    For what good will love do me?
    Fruitcake never lies to me
    For when love's gone, cake will linger on

Fruitcake lasts forever
    No need for a band on my second finger
    Unlike men, the fruitcakes linger
    Men are mere mortals who are not worth going to your grave for

I don't need love
    For what good will love do me?
    Fruitcake never lies to me
    For when love's gone, cake will linger on

Fruitcake lasts forever, forever, forever
    Fruitcake lasts forever, forever, forever
    Forever and ever

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Fruitcake tastes like dried drunk maraschino cherries, only some of the "fruits" are green and yellow, so what are they?

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I wish Kate would cut her hair.
    And then donate it to me.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Fruitcake tastes like dried drunk maraschino cherries, only some of the "fruits" are green and yellow, so what are they?
    Green maraschino cherries and pineapple bits.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Twitter:

History In Pictures ‏@HistoryInPics 43m
    Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, married since 1947
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXcQTGlIYAAC2LQ.jpg

vCash
    William's pants are hemmed too short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    mike tindall is a picasso. i'm surprised he can breath through that thing.
    He is/was a rugby player. He probably wasn't born that way...and probably can't breathe through it

Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    She should cut her hair because you don't like it? Really? Perhaps she likes it. Perhaps William likes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I love Kate's long hair - and if my stylist and colourist are anything to go by, I'm not alone because they get requests for her cut, blow out and colour all the time

But like James' facial hair, to each his own
    I love it too. I've had my hair all lengths in the past 10 years and if my hair looked that good when it was that long, I'd grow it out tomorrow!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    William's pants are hemmed too short.
    I don't know why but that comment in the middle of all the hair discussion cracked me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    I don't know why but that comment in the middle of all the hair discussion cracked me up.
    His pants are always too short. It is especially noticeable when he is out with Harry, who's pants are always perfect. Maybe William doesn't wear a belt when they mark the hem and then pulls them up with a belt when he wears them. I know I finally had to insist that Mr. Mag tell the tailor to mark the hems and then add a quarter inch because his pants were always too short.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Or they actually think they'd look cute with short hair?
    Sure, there are some women who could rock any 'do, but if the only compliments a woman gets on her hair are from other women, it's a sign that she's been taken largely out of contention.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast