Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Here's a good link - the gallery on the official site doesn't seem to be working yet so Daily Mail again.

Love them all except sadly I think they've touched up Kate a bit much And James Middleton needs to ditch the facial hair, pronto!

ETA: oops sorry centrestage I see you've now added a link

Love how everyone is coordinated - men in baby boy blue suits; Kate, Pippa and Camilla in lovely cream; Mama Middleton blending in with the men in dark blue; and as per usual, the Queen leading the way in a bright colour. Such an attractive group!

ETA again: I keep seeing new things in these images! The Queen makes me with her trusty purse always at her side; comparing a picture of Harry's christening I have to say Charles looks MUCH happier these days, and Camilla looks radiant as IMO she usually does; Harry *always* looks like he's having a ball; and Philip is looking healthy - hopefully that's not just a touch up but reality.

Sigh, I can't help it, these people make me happy.
    Last edited by Jenny; 10-24-2013 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And James Middleton needs to ditch the facial hair, pronto!
    Really? I think James looks way better with the beard than without. And at least it's a full beard and not a goatee or moustache.

One board I read doesn't have anything good to say about ANY of the pictures. Kate's wearing the wrong color, she looks too photoshopped, the Queen didn't hold George (she may have, they just didn't release that picture for whatever reason), Camilla's in the picture (why wouldn't she be???), this wasn't done or that wasn't done...good LORD the whining.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    centrestage you need to get off that board - here we love pretty much everything

I think the one shot where the Queen is looking quite fondly at George is really nice - even in a formal portrait I'm getting a sense of family and fun. Check out the gallery of historic christenings in decades past where pretty much no one looks like they want to be there

And people really need to get over Camilla for heaven's sake - if the Queen and Diana's own sons accept her as family that should be good enough for the rest of us.

Although I agree Kate looks touched up and that does disappoint me a little as she is naturally so lovely.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love a properly made fruitcake with full on alcohol. someone made me one for xmas 2 yrs ago and i hoarded it like a faberge egg.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Love this dress of Kate's. This is exactly the kind of thing I would wear if I had royal galas to go to (and, you know, money to spend ). I love the sleeves, neckline, skirt, everything.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I think the one shot where the Queen is looking quite fondly at George is really nice - even in a formal portrait I'm getting a sense of family and fun.
    That's my favorite. as well.
    Even though it's posed, the subjects seem relaxed and happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Love this dress of Kate's. This is exactly the kind of thing I would wear if I had royal galas to go to (and, you know, money to spend ). I love the sleeves, neckline, skirt, everything.
    I love that dress! (I am slightly annoyed by the writer saying William is babysitting. No, he is parenting.) I do think the dress is screaming for a lovely sapphire necklace and maybe earrings - and then get the hair out of the way so we can see to jewels. But that is clearly not Kate's style and I'm sure she really doesn't care what I think
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I really like those pictures, especially the very happy Prince George of Cambridge in the one shot!!!

My only criticism is that against Kate's outfit, the baby blends in a bit. I liked how they all colour coordinated for the affair, but in the pictures little Georgie could have been framed better by a slightly darker colour.... and while Kate looks great, something about her looks a bit too perfect and I think it's the eyebrows. They're too straight. Not that it matters... those are charming pictures that the families will cherish for many years and rightfully so.

vCash
    I think the problem with the formal photos is that Kate has bee photoshopped a bit too much. She looks way better in the snaps from the actual service. Yes, she looks a bit tired, but she is the mother of a 3 month old for goodness sakes! I wish they would stop trying to erase all the little imperfections. She is lovely just the way she is.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I love that dress! (I am slightly annoyed by the writer saying William is babysitting. No, he is parenting.) I do think the dress is screaming for a lovely sapphire necklace and maybe earrings - and then get the hair out of the way so we can see to jewels. But that is clearly not Kate's style and I'm sure she really doesn't care what I think
    Agree with you both on the "babysitting" thing and the necklace. I would totally wear a necklace with it!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    WRT the necklace suggestion: not sure if this was the Coco Chanel rule but didn't she say that before you leave for an event, look in the mirror and take off one piece of jewelry? I love that Kate is not wearing a necklace. She already has substantial earrings (but not too big) and an interesting but clean neckline. Why pile up? I think it's one of the secrets of Kate's elegance: understatement and clean, unbroken lines.

If I were to nitpick, I'd say she's a bit heavy-handed with make up at times. She does her own and with this navy blue dress, my screen shows very fuchsia cheeks. I would recommend a more natural colored blush and a better job blending. Something like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z7ODenITMv...0/DSCN1516.JPG

I am not always against piling up if you are going for a casual look. I like that with leather bracelets and stacked rings but even in that case I'd pick just one item to go big on and keep the rest at bay. I think this super cute and youthful but you don't want to wear a ring on every finger with that. OK, how did I just turn this into a fashion monologue? Kate will do that to you.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 10-25-2013 at 01:55 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^I agree that Kate has a lovely style. I just like to see jewels and I think she really would look fabulous in them, but only if she is comfortable. I also think that Diana was really known for her jewels, especially sapphires, so I can understand why Kate might want to go her own way. The hair, however, does drive me nuts at times, especially when it is in her face (lord, I sound like my mother!) Kate has beautiful hair but I don't think the down and straight look was the most complimentary look with that dress.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i respect the restraint with the jewels, because if i had decent access to hard core jewels, i'd look like a drunk 4 yr old at a tea party
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'd look like a drunk 4 yr old at a tea party
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    What a cute baby!

I wish Kate would cut her hair. It's so distracting and annoying to me. Or just pin it up and stop flicking it everywhere. I love that dress.

vCash
    i respect the restraint with the jewels, because if i had decent access to hard core jewels, i'd look like a drunk 4 yr old at a tea party
    Me too

I just checked out Whatkatewore and they have a photo of her hand and she is wearing a lovely new ring on her right hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    What a cute baby!

I wish Kate would cut her hair. It's so distracting and annoying to me. Or just pin it up and stop flicking it everywhere. I love that dress.
    She should cut her hair because you don't like it? Really? Perhaps she likes it. Perhaps William likes it.

vCash
    It would be a temptation, all right. I LOVE jewelry -- the good stuff, the costume stuff, and everything in between. But I know not everyone likes to wear it all the time, and she looked just fine without it. I'm only saying I would have added a necklace because that's my taste.

Of course, when there are babies around, one does tend to get out of the habit of wearing necklaces. And dangly earrings. And charm bracelets . . .

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    A pile of hard core jewels would be a cool editorial shoot in Vogue.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Fruitcake lasts forever.
    Fruitcake lasts forever
    It is all I need to please me
    It can stimulate and feed me
    It won't leave in the night, I've no fear that it might desert me

Fruitcake lasts forever
    Hold some up and then caress it
    Touch it, stroke it and undress it
    I can smell every part, nothing hides in the heart to hurt me

I don't need love
    For what good will love do me?
    Fruitcake never lies to me
    For when love's gone, cake will linger on

Fruitcake lasts forever
    No need for a band on my second finger
    Unlike men, the fruitcakes linger
    Men are mere mortals who are not worth going to your grave for

I don't need love
    For what good will love do me?
    Fruitcake never lies to me
    For when love's gone, cake will linger on

Fruitcake lasts forever, forever, forever
    Fruitcake lasts forever, forever, forever
    Forever and ever

Last edited by Vagabond; 10-25-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast