Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Must be a slow news day .... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-William.html

I thought the whole university thing was old news. It seemed pretty common knowledge that she choose St. Andrew's because that's where William was going. I'm sure there were MANY women who did exactly the same thing. Getting into the same uni is a far cry from actually marrying the guy. I'm sure there was/is more to their relationship than just that.

Quite funny too about an ultimatum. Maybe about getting married, who knows, but about children? This is one of the few guys on the face of the earth who a woman is guaranteed will want children when he gets married. There seems to be quite the contingent of people out there who just can't stand that William choose Kate. I hope she doesn't read this kind of "news" paper.
    I doubt any of that is true. I'm sure he could have married virtually any other St Andrew's student and the DM would have concocted this sort of story.

I've said it before: it is ridiculous that Kate who met her Prince in very normal circumstances is the one accused of being a social climber with a scheming family when it was William's mother who had the family scheming to ensure that one of their daughters married the heir to the throne. What a difference a title makes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I doubt any of that is true. I'm sure he could have married virtually any other St Andrew's student and the DM would have concocted this sort of story.

I've said it before: it is ridiculous that Kate who met her Prince in very normal circumstances is the one accused of being a social climber with a scheming family when it was William's mother who had the family scheming to ensure that one of their daughters married the heir to the throne. What a difference a title makes.
    William's mother was dead.

Anyone who believes a word of any story in the Daily Mail deserves to be fooled. I changed colleges myself as did thousands of other students, for a variety of reasons. The offchance that one might meet someone famous is hardly one of them.

vCash
    Guys...read the article. You're right to be sceptical about the Daily Mail, but in fact the DM is just summarising what's in a new book. That's why this is back in the news.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    William's mother was dead.
    The reference made by PDilemma was to the Spencer family's alleged scheming to have one of their daughters marry Charles (who had previously dated Diana's sister).
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Sounds like the author found out that Kate had switched schools and decided to make a book of it - not much else there that's new. A mother met with her daughter's son to discuss their future? The couple got together after their break up to discuss the relationship? They both decided they wanted children? That could be a book about any of a million couples, whoop de doo.

For that matter, what if she did switch schools to be near him, if they had met before? Wouldn't be the first time someone chose or switched schools to be near a friend or someone they liked, won't be the last.

vCash
    Much ado about very little, IMO.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    On another note, apparently Richard III had worms.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Dunno why but the transition between William and Kate and schools to Richard III and worms just had me and spitting out my water. Thanks!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sounds like the author found out that Kate had switched schools and decided to make a book of it - not much else there that's new. A mother met with her daughter's son to discuss their future? The couple got together after their break up to discuss the relationship? They both decided they wanted children? That could be a book about any of a million couples, whoop de doo.

For that matter, what if she did switch schools to be near him, if they had met before? Wouldn't be the first time someone chose or switched schools to be near a friend or someone they liked, won't be the last.
    In their engagement interview, they are asked about their meeting at St Andrew's and their answers indicate that they first met there in the dorm as has long been reported. They had no reason to lie in that interview, so that alone would prove that the DM and the book's author is just making stuff up for web hits/book sales. And, really, if she specifically went to St Andrew's planning to date and marry him, why was she dating someone else her first year? Being unavailable is a pretty big risk, isn't it?

vCash
    I wonder, though, if they were at the same parties prior to school starting and didn't get introduced to each other. She would have known he was there, of course, but he would have no way of knowing she was there because he didn't know her. That would account for her saying that they'd 'met' prior to college.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    So What if she set out to meet him (if she did)? How many of us set out to meet our favorite skater? How many fans set out to meet the actor or sports personality of their dreams? Unless we've delusional, we don't expect a RL relationship to come out of it. Well, I know some people think they are actually friends with a skater after they meet them but most of us live in reality. If there was nothing there but a social climbing gold-digger, would William have been attracted? I'll bet he met lots of girls in college who wanted to meet him only because he was royalty. He didn't end up with any of them, did he? So the fact she changed colleges (I went to 3) has nothing to do with anything. It's a non-issue.

vCash
    ITA taf2002. That is exactly my point. Kate was planning on going to Scotland so if she changed Uni's so she was at school with William, what's the big deal. There were lots of women at that college. William had lots and lots of choices. He also had many opportunities to break it off. He could have headed out to sea with the Navy like his father did if he really couldn't figure out how to break things off. In fact, William did breakup with Kate but then decided he wanted her back. IMHO it is pretty insulting to William to assume the Kate manipulated him into marrying her. I think people are just looking for drama where there isn't any. I hope William and Kate just carry doing what they think is right and best for their family.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    She may or may not have sat out to meet him, but what the heck, not exactly a crime. And I am sure that in her wildest dreams she never thought he would actually marry her and she would one day be Queen or England.
    Very very lucky girl,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    She may or may not have sat out to meet him, but what the heck, not exactly a crime. And I am sure that in her wildest dreams she never thought he would actually marry her and she would one day be Queen or England.
    Very very lucky girl,
    It is interesting how focus on goals in commended in some cases and not in others. My dh admits that he picked out 5 women at the beginning of a summer semester and was determined to date all 5 by the end of the summer. Now in his case, I was the first he asked out so he never got to the rest
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Just wondering...how on earth do you break that kind of news to your parents? "Hey mum and dad...I'm dating this lovely guy named Will. By the way, he's the second in line to the throne..."

I'd love to know what the Middletons' reaction was!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Likely, they didn't hear it from her first, right? He's not exactly a private figure; I'm sure rumors travel quickly and it got back to them before she did. Could be totally wrong, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Likely, they didn't hear it from her first, right? He's not exactly a private figure; I'm sure rumors travel quickly and it got back to them before she did. Could be totally wrong, though.
    They seemed to have kept the fact that they were dating out of the press for a year or longer, so she likely told them herself. St Andrews was a respite from the constant press for William and as long as the relationship was an on campus thing only, it was private like everything there was for him.

vCash

vCash
    I bet that pleased full of self importance Andy
    Do you not know who I am ?

vCash
    A middle-aged divorced guy who moved back in with his parents, and the private security from the homeowners' association didn't recognize him.

Sad, very sad....

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast