Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/r...edium=buzzfeed

The First Official Portraits Of Prince George Of Cambridge
    Here are the first official photos of Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George. The informal pictures were taken by Kate’s father Michael Middleton.
    I had seen these (and more) at couple other places but I don't think I will get tired of them soon. Of course there will be thousands coming in later. He is such a beautiful baby, and Kate looks so beautiful as a mother! William the Dad also looks so happy! I just love seeing a happy family like theirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Cute! Young George appears very blase about it all.
    Heh, they timed it right. Two minutes later he might have been screaming his head off

I, too, am all in favor of the dogs in the photo.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    For the love of all that's holy, will the media kindly get over the fact that Kate's dad took the first "official" photographs rather than hiring a professional photographer? No, Mr. Middleton isn't going to be hired by Elle or Vogue any time soon, but I think the pictures are very nice and William and Kate look relaxed and comfortable, George looks like a little cherub, and the additions of Lupo and Tilly would never have happened in any other pictures because it's unlikely they'd relax enough and sit still for someone brand new. I swear, some people are acting like these are the only pictures of the kid that will ever be released. And the interviews with photographers "critiquing" the pictures just reeks of jealousy that they weren't chosen.

When George is christened in October or so, there will be official pictures coming out the wazoo, where the lighting is perfect and everything is just so. Jeepers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    For the love of all that's holy, will the media kindly get over the fact that Kate's dad took the first "official" photographs rather than hiring a professional photographer? No, Mr. Middleton isn't going to be hired by Elle or Vogue any time soon, but I think the pictures are very nice and William and Kate look relaxed and comfortable, George looks like a little cherub, and the additions of Lupo and Tilly would never have happened in any other pictures because it's unlikely they'd relax enough and sit still for someone brand new. I swear, some people are acting like these are the only pictures of the kid that will ever be released. And the interviews with photographers "critiquing" the pictures just reeks of jealousy that they weren't chosen.

When George is christened in October or so, there will be official pictures coming out the wazoo, where the lighting is perfect and everything is just so. Jeepers!
    And if they had used a professional photographer, there would be a plethora of internet discussions about how much money they wasted on it when everyone else would just have grandpa grab the digital camera.

They really can't win.

I also found it interesting that in the brief piece of the CNN interview with Prince William that was already released, he says that they are doing what they think is best for their family not trying to make symbolic statements. I notice the people around the web who read deep symbolic messages into everything they do are not talking about that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    They really can't win.
    They're also sitting in one of several mansions and castles they get to occupy, while looking attractive and healthy. In some circles, this is known as winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    They're also sitting in one of several mansions and castles they get to occupy, while looking attractive and healthy. In some circles, this is known as winning.
    Well, in these pictures they are not. They were taken in her parents' backyard.

Money and expensive housing is not everything. Having every single thing you do criticized by the international press and ten million people on the internet would not be fun no matter how nice the house you are in while they are doing it is.

vCash
    Money and expensive housing is not everything.
    It sure beats squatting in a rice paddy to give birth to little Phong during your 16-hour shift.

vCash
    I'd say, "some circles" need to learn and realize then that there's so much more in life than appearances and money. Mansions and castles have nothing to do with winning. They don't bring happiness, they don't teach values and what's important in life, they don't love you. And I have a feeling that William would gladly exchange all of what "some circles" consider winning if that would mean he could have his mother back.

vCash
    Well, in these pictures they are not. They were taken in her parents' backyard.
    Which the Middletons get to occupy because they paid for it with their hard-earned money.

I wouldn't want to live in a fishbowl like the British royals do. Yes, there are a lot of advantages, but there are a lot of constraints and rules that affect their lives. Some people would consider this an acceptable tradeoff, others would rather have less materially but be able to live normal lives.

vCash
    I love the official photos. There is a quiet dignity and realness to them even if the setting/staging really isn't that much different than if they are were done by a professional. When I first saw them I didn't know her father took them and I thought great choice. I have some with my guy and son right after we came home from the hospital. They have the same feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Mansions and castles have nothing to do with winning. They don't bring happiness, they don't teach values and what's important in life, they don't love you. I have a feeling that William would gladly exchange all of what "some circles" consider winning if that would mean he could have his mother back.
    It appears that William and Kate have what you consider winning, so, as Charlie Sheen would say, they're bi-winning. I have a "feeling" that many people living in China have seen their own loved ones snuffed out by their oppressive government, live with no privacy, and live in poverty.

vCash
    It appears that William and Kate have what you consider winning, so, as Charlie Sheen would say, they're bi-winning. I have a "feeling" that many people living in China have seen their own loved ones snuffed out by their oppressive government, live with no privacy, and live in poverty.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here, really, but, I suppose, if you use the people in China as an example, we're all winners and we all live in some sort of mansion compared to what the people you are referring to live in.

On a side note, yes, William and Kate seem to have love and happiness and they also seem to know about values and in addition they do have the housing. But do we know if they really care for them? Maybe they prefer the cottage they live in wherever it is where William works.
    My reply was going more into the general direction of things because I honestly don't understand why you assumed just because they have the housing, the material possessions, they're winning. Do they make life more comfortable? Absolutely. But just because someone has the material possessions doesn't mean they lead a great life. It's not the grounds for leading a happy and fulfilled life. Those lie elsewhere, for everyone, not just Kate and William. That was the point I was trying to make.
    Last edited by ballettmaus; 08-21-2013 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    So, no one but those people you are referring to would be allowed to complain, is that what you are saying?
    Nah, everyone has the right to complain about their mundane lives; it keeps Secret Sources populated. What is ironic is that the same people lamenting that the royals have no privacy are the same people fueling the interest in the royals. "Look at these family photos of Kate and William! Oh, I just can't stand how the media gives them no privacy!" The "media" won't sell what you don't buy.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Nah, everyone has the right to complain about their mundane lives; it keeps Secret Sources populated. What is ironic is that the same people lamenting that the royals have no privacy are the same people fueling the interest in the royals. "Look at these family photos of Kate and William! Oh, I just can't stand how the media gives them no privacy!" The "media" won't sell what you don't buy.
    I think you are simplifying the issue. The Royals and William especially has done a great job of giving the media many, many opportunities to photograph them, interview them, and report on their activities. Where it crosses the line is when they stalk to the point of danger, use telephoto lenses to capture their private moments, or when people who shouldn't do so provide personal details to media.

Similarly the Royals are very open with the public - many, many public appearances and now a very wide and deep presence of social media. Again, where it might cross the line is when members of the public decide they want more - stalking, trying to get into places they shouldn't, etc.

One can be a happy consumer of the photos that Kate and William issue publicly on their own terms and still have a distaste for media that cross the line that has been very clearly drawn by the Royal Family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    One can be a happy consumer of the photos that Kate and William issue publicly on their own terms and still have a distaste for media that cross the line that has been very clearly drawn by the Royal Family.
    True, but the same people who whine about those allegedly intrusive photos are also looking at those photos and commenting on them. I'm sure there are some people who only look at the official photos, but they're living on some Maharishi commune.

vCash
    The "usual" photographers are upset because they don't have something they can sell for big $$$$$.
    The time will come for more "formal" portraits; such as at the Christening.

eta: I believe that Prince William has done a fine job, thus far, in balancing his official duties with his desire to lead as "normal" a family life as possible.
    This is a challenge that may be much more difficult in the years ahead.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 08-21-2013 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    True, but the same people who whine about those allegedly intrusive photos are also looking at those photos and commenting on them. I'm sure there are some people who only look at the official photos, but they're living on some Maharishi commune.
    You are absolutely wrong. When a story breaks that some photographer has gotten photos by spying & that the subject(s) is trying to suppress them, I never go looking for them to see for myself. I have never seen the nude pictures of Jackie O or the pictures of Kate in France or the sex videos of Paris Hilton or Kim K because I have no interest withsoever in intruding in this way. I think people who take them are absolute scum & the people who view them are not better, because they support scum. And I am not living on some Maharishi commute & I don't think I am unique in how I feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I don't think I am unique in how I feel.
    You're not. I've never seen any of the things you mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I have never seen the nude pictures of Jackie O or the pictures of Kate in France or the sex videos of Paris Hilton or Kim K because I have no interest withsoever in intruding in this way.
    I didn't even know about the first two you mentioned. The latter two I haven't watched yet. Krishna, Krishna.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    People in a Maharishi commune have internet access? Funny, always pictured them meditating or weeding their veg plot, not surfing FSU.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast