Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Vacant
    vCash

Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Any title suggestions to celebrate Will and Kate's baby?

vCash
    Nappy and Glorious! I saw that somewhere.

I have no idea. I am not clever.

vCash
    Well, given the various changes in different countries, as well as The Royal Birth Heard Round The World, how about "The New Regimes"?
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

vCash
    Now that I've gotten over my disappointment that there will be no Princess Charlotte, I've taken it upon myself to name the little prince.

John Michael Francis Hawking.

John is for John of Gaunt, ancestor of them all, and a clever tribute to Charles and Camilla.

Michael is because I hear there's a Michael on Kate's side of the family.

Francis is for Diana, and a nice way of saying "hello" to the British Roman Catholics.

Hawking is for Stephen Hawking, a UK citizen who exemplifies intellectual curiosity and physical courage.

I know they'll end up with something dull and yucky like George, but it won't be because I didn't try.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    I'm still liking HRH J'ayden-Bradyn-Haydon-Kaiden-Zayyden of Cambridge (in line with the current trends)!
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Elton James Wilberforce Freddie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Elton James Wilberforce Freddie
    Yes.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash

vCash
    From the last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by heckles
    Eh, what the Americans have branded as frigid is what most of the British consider serenity. Hopefully her big break-out number will be handing over the baton to William.
    The queen will hand over to Charles when they pry the baton out of her cold dead hands. If abdicating was her plan she would have done it years ago. I think she's trying to beat the record.

BTW I don't consider her frigid, I consider her stately & regal.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    A bunch of people on Facebook last night said that the boy should be named Spencer...and I thought-how awful! Try saying Prince Spencer a few times. It does not come trippingly off the tongue. Maybe stick Spencer into a longer name, but please don't call him that!

And for the record, I'm an American and I don't find the Queen frigid at all! I think she's wonderful and a great role model for women! You go, Liz.

vCash
    How about Thomas Ulysses Taylor

When his turn comes, he can be King Tut!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Nappy and Glorious! I saw that somewhere.

I have no idea. I am not clever.
    I like it!

As for Spencer - as IF. The closest they will get to honouring Diana is Francis - and it's also Kate's father's middle name, so a good family name all round. This is a future king - his name must be stately and suitable to take its place in history, whether it's a traditional historic name or one that's more modern but still solid. I doubt Michael - I can see that as a middle name, but when your father, grandfather and myriad ancestors have been or will be heads of state and hold hundreds of royal titles, you do not name him after a commoner. MAYBE a second child, more likely a third.

I don't see Richard at all - too much controversy associated with the last Richard to saddle this guy with Richard IV. I'm doubting George either - not exactly the most illustrious of monarchs in recent history, especially compared to the Queen.

I expect to see Charles in there - the father and future king - and wouldn't be surprised to see Philip in there somewhere too, to honour him. I agree with those who think Arthur is a possibility though - William and Kate's ancestry crosses in Tudor times, so naming a child after the Tudor who didn't get to be king isn't a bad choice, plus it's very English and of course captures the imagination too.

My bet is on James, and I think Henry is not a bad choice either. It's a historic name, and since his uncle goes by Harry, there's no confusion. Remember that William is VERY close to Harry, who is already a prominent member of the royal family and will only become more important once his father then brother are kings, and Kate is close to him too. My personal choice would be John, but I think there's some superstition or something about a King John?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    From the last thread:

BTW I don't consider her (HMQ) frigid, I consider her stately & regal.
    As do I!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    oops double post
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Do people seriously think Wills and Kate get to just pick a name for the heir to the throne? There will be no King Spenser I.

I guess my FB friends couldn't care less what the kid is named. But then it's mostly science new feeds and I know they couldn't care less.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I can't see them using James because of Edward's son James, or else I'd be rooting for that. I'm thinking they might think outside the box a little and go with something not used often like Alexander (name of a few kings of Scotland, for example)... George is just so blah.

vCash
    Very happy that Kate and Will had a healthy baby boy. Not sure why we are all so enthralled with the birth of a British monarch. It's nice, but people have babies every day, this is not Nobel Prize worthy.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Not sure why we are all so enthralled with the birth of a British monarch. It's nice, but people have babies every day, this is not Nobel Prize worthy.
    Speaking for myself, I know the reason I'm happy about this and interested in it is because I find most of the news to be so negative and sad and tiring - whether it's wars and natural disasters or nasty people doing nasty things, or yet another celebrity divorce or celebrity trainwreck. To me, a happy couple and bright future are a breath of fresh air, and that's why I follow them. I also enjoy history, and this is history unfolding in an unashamedly romantic way, and throw in some fashion frivolity, and it's all good to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Do people seriously think Wills and Kate get to just pick a name for the heir to the throne?
    Some historian or royal reporter or whatever on CNN said so yesterday, that the parents are going to choose. But she also added that they're traditional people anyway. I somehow doubt they have free rein, but they do seem to divert a little bit from protocol (announcement of the birth via press release, for example) so they may choose a name they like within reason.

vCash

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast