Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wow sounds like a great competition for the pair teams. Everyone is fighting for the SA slot. Hope everyone skates well in the FS!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Daleman warmed up a huge 3lutz 3toe!!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Daleman broke 57 points. Yay!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks, danafan! Did Alaine Chartrand compete?

Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    I saw results for Intermediate Pairs SP on Sylvia's blog. Is it new that they have a SP event for intermediate pairs? I know they didn't used to.
    Yes, it's new this season.

I've added Senior Pairs SP results: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...skate-detroit/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Chartrand scored 44 something. She fell hard on her combo and stepped out of her double axel.

vCash
    Brittney Jones and Ian Beharry were a no show. Rumor in the rink is that they have split.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Mary Beth Marley sighting. She is coaching here. I told her it was wonderful to see her again. She smiled and said thank you for saying that.
    wishing her all good things as she continues with her recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Sr Pairs SP underway and first up was Davis/Brubaker - tweeted play-by-play via @TimDolensky: "high 2Tw, 3 sals, really nice throw sal, decent choreo. Looked pretty good!"

Baga/Toth via @TimDolensky: "eked out 3T, good 2Tw, good throw sal, score was 47 something."

@DonlanSperoff via @TimDolensky "did 3T, nice throw sal, nice 3Tw, lovely choreo" & jkl says they were "breathtaking" 62.06 in 1st ahead of Davis/Brubaker 58.80
    Yay for Donlan/Speroff. Hoping Davis/Brub can get a 3twist under their belts by the fall
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Lawrence/Swiegers reportedly fell on 3T and throw 3Lz. 54 something?
    They were so promising and kinda voidy a couple seasons ago. . . what happened???

Thank you, everyone, for sharing scores & PBP!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Eh?
    vCash
    Mr. DaveRocks and I (J&J) have decided last minute to drive up to Detroit for the weekend to watch the competition. We'll arrive tomorrow (Friday) in time for the men's short programme at 3:55; we'll leave on Sunday. Anything we should know? (Temperature of arena, schedule changes, etc?) Looking forward to seeing fellow FSUers!!!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    The arena is very cold IMO. The snack bar actually has a good variety of food and the woman working there was so polite and pleasant it made my day.

vCash
    The stands were packed for Senior Pairs (standing room only) and crowded for Junior Pairs. I didn't think it was cold then but might be when the stands are empty.

Eh?
    vCash
    Thanks, danafan and jkl!! See you both tomorrow! jkl: Mr. DaveRocks is practicing his "blowing-kisses" technique just for you.

vCash
    A kiss from afar by Mr. Dave Rocks....my foolish heart is so happy

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    DaveRocks-I'm SOOOO excited to see you guys tomorrow!! I'll be sitting with jkl in the back row so hopefully we get to chat a bunch. Definitely bring a jacket and/or a blanket because it is very chilly in the arena. Rink C is a little warmer than Rink B but that's not saying much, LOL

Highlights of my first day at Skate Detroit included finding out that the event is free (I'm too used to paying to get into the Indy Challenge, LOL), getting a big hug from Amanda, getting hugs and wonderful greetings from Kayne/O'Shea (two of my favorite people), catching up with my great friends from Canada and seeing two them skate their SP, Team Florida's showing in the pairs event (they all did great but Zhang/Bartholomay and Kayne/O'Shea were awesome!), Gabrielle Daleman's SP was fantastic, Mariah Bell's SP was spunky and really well done, catching up and snarking away with jkl from our normal back row seats, meeting up with danafan and hanging out for a bit during the Sr. Ladies SP's, and meeting another FSU lurker and getting to know her throughout the day. I did take a handful of videos and pictures today and I'll try to get them uploaded tomorrow morning before I head back to the rink.

Retired Skater Sightings: John Zimmerman with Sylvia (she looks AMAZING after having two children ), Amanda Evora (obviously since she's also coaching now), Craig and Larisa Joeright (somehow I missed that they had twin girls but they were there too and are totally ADORABLE), Ethan Burgess, and a myriad of former skater/coaches who have been coaching a while now (Steve Hartsell, Peter Oppegard, and I'm drawing a blank on others right now)

BTW-My hotel room has a fridge in it and I get a free hot breakfast every day. It's also right on the road I have to take to get to the rink which makes it one of the easiest drives I've ever had for a skating competition. I wish I was made of money because then I would never leave...or maybe I would just stay a few more days to enjoy the peace and quiet, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    DaveRocks-I'm SOOOO excited to see you guys tomorrow!! I'll be sitting with jkl in the back row so hopefully we get to chat a bunch. Definitely bring a jacket and/or a blanket because it is very chilly in the arena. Rink C is a little warmer than Rink B but that's not saying much, LOL
    See you soon! We'll definitely come find you in the back row! We'll be sure to bring our parkas.

vCash
    Wow 3 US Pairs team over 60 points in the SP this summer already. Amazing how after the last couple years especially of the lack of depth in US Pairs that it looks like there is depth once again for the first time in a long time in Pairs here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Wow 3 US Pairs team over 60 points in the SP this summer already. Amazing how after the last couple years especially of the lack of depth in US Pairs that it looks like there is depth once again for the first time in a long time in Pairs here.
    4 US teams were over 60 ...remember when Canada would dominate Indy...there seems to be a light at the end of the US pairs tunnel!

vCash
    Five teams over 60 if you count Scmieca and Knierim from Broadmoor Open. I am sure that Denney and Couglin will make it six, Davis and Brubaker were so close, Castelli and Schnapir scored over 60 points in their sp last year and Denny and Frazier also have the capabilty with a clean skate. You are looking at 9 pairs teams with the capability of scoring over 60 points in the sp, when was the last time that happened?

US pairs is getting very exciting.

So happy to see Donlan and Speroff start skating up to their potential. Hope they can keep it up!

vCash
    [/QUOTE]Highlights of my first day at Skate Detroit included finding out that the event is free (I'm too used to paying to get into the Indy Challenge, LOL), getting a big hug from Amanda, getting hugs and wonderful greetings Kayne/O'Shea (two of my favorite people), catching up with my great friends from Canada and seeing two them skate their SP, Team Florida's showing in the pairs event (they all did great but Zhang/Bartholomay and Kayne/O'Shea were awesome!), Gabrielle Daleman's SP was fantastic, Mariah Bell's SP was spunky and really well done, catching up and snarking away with jkl from our normal back row seats, meeting up with danafan and hanging out for a bit during the Sr. Ladies SP's, and meeting another FSU lurker and getting to know her throughout the day. I did take a handful of videos and pictures today and I'll try to get them uploaded tomorrow morning before I head back to the rink. [/QUOTE]

I am the lurker you mentioned. Thanks so much to you and JKL for being so friendly. You two made it much more fun. Hopefully I'll see you again this afternoon.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

vCash
    Thank you all for the reports and info -- especially for pairs. I'm going through some serious "OMG, we aren't hosting Indy Challenge this year" pairs withdraw... sounds like quite a set of Short programs from Junior and Senior teams, both.

Given the depth of the pairs and the reports of the singles skating, I'm tempted to make the drive out there for Saturday's events, but I'm not sure I can justify the $100 in gas + potential hotel expenses. But, oh so tempting. Maybe I'll see if the weather predicted by this evening will eliminate pool time on Saturday... since the only other major to-do on my list this weekend is several loads of laundry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    Five teams over 60 if you count Scmieca and Knierim from Broadmoor Open. I am sure that Denney and Couglin will make it six, Davis and Brubaker were so close, Castelli and Schnapir scored over 60 points in their sp last year and Denny and Frazier also have the capabilty with a clean skate. You are looking at 9 pairs teams with the capability of scoring over 60 points in the sp, when was the last time that happened?
    I have a feeling those scores will drop significantly on the international level with better competition; but it's good to see them all do well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast