vCash

Janet Lynn is writing a new book

http://www.rrstar.com/carousel/x8536...nt-off-the-ice
    Excerpt:
    She wrote “Peace + Love” with Dean Merrill in 1973 and is hard at work on another book, which she hopes is due out about this time next year.

“I’ve got 18 of the 24 chapters done, so it should be sometime next year, unless something comes up with my family. That’s where my priority is, so the book will have to wait in that case.

“I’m writing this one myself. I’m having a ball. I really like doing research.”

The book will be about freedom: the freedom she found in skating, the freedom she grew up with, and how she experienced it behind the Iron Curtain during her skating championship days.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Can't wait to read it.

vCash
    I'll look forward to it, also.

vCash
    I think I took "Peace and Love" out of the library 5 or 6 times when I was a kid. I have a pretty good collection of skating books, but I have never owned a copy of this. Will certainly be buying her new book!!

vCash
    Now this is great news. I'm very much looking forward to reading Janet's new book, written through older and wiser lenses.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    What a wonderful skater. Hope her book is almost as good. at least.

vCash
    I love her emphasis in freedom. It is the feeling that IMO makes people love skating, and it is so jeopardized by the IJS. She has written profoundly on this before. I hope her book is widely read.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for the info. I definitely want to read her new book.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison