Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    It's just sad. What goes into the mind of people that hurt animals? Some people are very sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Did you report it to the police as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    You should contact the local Animal Control Department if there is one, and tell them what you know. They will investigate. If there isn't one, contact the Police Department.
    Yes. They refer me to animal control and I gave a statement & my information. Today I'm to check on the dog.

I also contacted Code of Enforcement re my neighbors. We'll see how they take that.

vCash
    I like animals over people too...although kitty rubbing at my feet here is driving me nuts... but i haven't fed him yet so i guess he's justified, lol

People who abuse animals should get far more than they do in terms of punishment. I get so angry when I hear about these things because the animals just want to love you and then they suffer in silence and can't escape.... at least people have the ability to tell someone, although that doesn't always happen either

We were once given a puppy and she shied away from being pet on the head and she never grew out of it in all her 15 years... it felt so awful to try to pet her and then see her do that, or see other people do the same and wonder if they were thinking we had abused her... always made us wonder what happened to her as a small pup...

vCash
    My cat Callie, who is 10 now, was dumped at the humane society when she was about a year old. They threw her over the fence. She was malnourished, had not been wormed properly, had gingivitis, and was infected with Bartonella. To this day, she cringes a little if I go to let her on top of her head. I have to put my hand out and let her bring her head to my hand. So I think they may have smacked her around, too.

In spite of this, she is loving and otherwise trusting, and is sure that everyone who comes to the house has come just to see her. And she will fall asleep on top of me and do those little cat snores, so adorable. And right now she is side by side with my other cat Leo, whom she hates, looking out into the backyard. So cute.

vCash
    Kitten shot and tossed onto Colorado highway - fundraising effort for surgery: http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...-and-Belleview

vCash
    Madm Ugh! It just makes me sick to my stomach.

_____

I felt for the dog, and then felt for the poor Raccoon. Ouch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHN-f6xTzsY

Apparently Raccoons have been known to kill pets (??). I always assumed they were fuzzy and friendly.

vCash
    This is the sweetest story (w/pix):

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/d...edium=buzzfeed

Dog Finds A Tiny Kitten, Risks Everything To Save Her
    Animal control officers in Anderson, South Carolina, thought that a barking Shih-Tzu was stuck in a ravine. Turns out, she was there nursing and protecting a tiny abandoned kitten she had found.

vCash
    A lot of psychopaths/sociopaths assault/torture/kill animals before they go on to do the same to humans.

I can't bear cruelty to animals. I too tend to like animals better than people, in general, and cruelty to animals disturbs me more than cruelty to children because a child can eventually learn that what was done to him/her was wrong, whereas an animal never will.

There is just so much animal abuse out there - not only individual cases, but puppy mills, backyard dogs, not to mention animals in food factories. There is an organization here that breaks into people's homes and yards to release abused dogs and I applaud their effort. Some of those dogs have been chained since puppies and their collars have been embedded in their skin. Horrible.

I'm reading Wayne Pacelle's book The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them. Paycelle has been the president of The Humane Society of the United States for 12 years.

It is a powerful book, but I can only handle a few pages at a time.

vCash
    I think we could use these moments...several have to do with kindness to animals:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...th-in-humanity

21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
    People aren’t always awful. Sometimes, they’re maybe even just a little bit wonderful. Here are 21 pictures to remind you of that fact.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Our family had also taken in a dog that had a rough start. We think she was probably a puppy mill pup, went thru a pet shop and the family who got her from there had a toddler and baby on the way, so they were selling her. She was a pure bred cocker and when we went to get her she just crawled all over us. She seemed to have a fear of men and was very jumpy. A month after we got her home, the wife of the family wanted to see how she was (she adored her!). We said sure, you can visit. Well when the woman came in the door she was fine, but when the husband came in she flattened out on the floor and lost control of her bladder. She was also crying like I have never heard a dog cry before. Needless to say, I think we figured out the fear of men. I don't think he intentionally abused her but from what we found out, he had never owned a dog before and did not realize how to treat one. Brandy was the love of our life and we miss her terribly (she passed away in 2003), and where we live right now we cannot have a pet. *sigh* someday...

Right now our state is very up in arms about this case...Savage Man Appears in Court on Animal Cruelty Charges
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    I think we could use these moments...several have to do with kindness to animals:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...th-in-humanity

21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
    People aren’t always awful. Sometimes, they’re maybe even just a little bit wonderful. Here are 21 pictures to remind you of that fact.
    Thanks for posting this. I got a little teary eyed looking at them.

vCash
    me too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Right now our state is very up in arms about this case...Savage Man Appears in Court on Animal Cruelty Charges
    "I don't think he's a threat, I don't," said Richard Swanson, his attorney.

Millie was hurt so bad that a vet eventually euthanized her. Poppe's attorney asked for a bail reduction. The judge refused. He remained in custody Friday afternoon.

Poppe's disabled wife has filed an order for protection against him.
    poor Millie. Poppe.

I read about a similar case - a man who drowned his elderly German Shepherd who had lost control of his bowels.

Just heartbreaking, these stories.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    poor Millie. Poppe.

I read about a similar case - a man who drowned his elderly German Shepherd who had lost control of his bowels.

Just heartbreaking, these stories.
    Our Goldie was very old and had a stroke, but still tried so very hard to relieve himself outside the house. It certainly wasn't an expectation. We put down newspapers inside so he wouldn't have to try and drag himself outside. And we carried him to the vet and held him as he passed.

Millie deserved that too. What a horrible way to go.

Not a threat to humans? He elected to continue torturing the dog even as his neighbors volunteered to take Millie to the vet to be euthanized. He's a monster. His wife was right to file a protective order against him. I wouldn't want myself or any of my loved ones to be in the same building as him.

In Search of a Lost Chord
    The big space where the rest of your childhood forgets as a dream and the harshness of life dims the peaches and cream.
    vCash
    My late Mother always told my brother and I that there is a special corner in hell for people who abuse and are cruel to animals..
    Happiness is being married to your best friend!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I got a little teary eyed looking at them.
    That link should have its own thread. I was more than teary eyed by the end of it.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-26-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12