vCash

Edit time limits?

I came across this comment in a thread I was reading:

"board etiquette dictates to avoid posting multiple posts. If no one has posted under you then you can just edit your own post & add additional information, or in your case, more twitters"

I don't post very often, but have sometimes gone back within a few minutes to edit and add something I've forgotten. The above comment makes me wonder what the time limit is for editing your own post.

Is board etiquette spelled out someplace? I looked through the FAQs and didn't really see anything. Are we only supposed to post once is a thread?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    You can edit your own post within 5 minutes and the edit subscript won't show up. Your edit will just show up as the original post. After 5 minutes you can still edit but the subscript will show that you edited the post and what time you did it. You can't edit a post after 24 hours - you're stuck with it.

I think most people have posted multiple times in a thread. Posting back-to-back frequently is discouraged but it happens. I think the logic behind that is that if you have things to say you say it all at once (or edit it into the original post) instead of adding thoughts without an intervening post.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The edit feature can be used for 24 hours after you first post. We can edit our original thread title for only five minutes; after that, only a moderator can do it upon request.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the info!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Are we only supposed to post once is a thread?
    People can post multiple times in a thread. But we're to avoid posting multiple times in a row when no one else has added to the thread.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.