Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Not happy about the Tatiana Maslany snub. She's amazing.
    Agreed, and Orphan Black is completely addictive, but I don't think too many people are watching it. Yet. There will probably be a big bump in viewing next season, now that the DVD is out.

vCash
    The Americans on FX was totally robbed, and no one more so than Matthew Rhys.

I agree with the other posters who are over the 'Girls' hype.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I watched The Americans but am not surprised that it wasn't nominated. I thought everything about it was good but not great. A better 2nd season should get them some nominations.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    The Colbert Report will most likely get robbed yet again, so, blah. I'd love to be wrong about that though.
    Yeah, I think The Colbert Report has become stronger than The Daily Show for some time now, but The Emmys tend to give the same things the awards year after year as if by rote.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    The biggest snub is that they didn't nominate Tatiana Maslany for best lead actress in a drama. I'd even award it to her over Claire Danes and I never thought I'd say that about anyone. [/url]
    Just came in here to say that (having watched the entire season 1 on DVD this weekend).

The only explanation I can think of (well, aside from the fact that she's such a newcomer and there's often a "pay yer dues" attitude by TBTB) is that she's so freakin' good I found myself frequently forgetting that it's only 1 actor playing all those parts. Not only is it amazing to be consistent in your portrayal of 4 + distinct characters ... she's also pulling off the technical challenge of acting & reacting in scenes against a tennis ball or an X on the wall.

No disrespect to the other noms in this category, but Maslany gets my write-in vote for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123