Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    What about Rob Lowe?
    Agreed. He was so fantastic in BtC....better than Scott Bakula, imo.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I guess I will have to check out "House of Cards" on Netflix now.

Surprised that Julianne Margulies was not nominated for "The Good Wife." Although it wasn't a great day for the "Big 3" broadcast networks, so maybe it isn't that much of a surprise.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Agreed. He was so fantastic in BtC....better than Scott Bakula, imo.
    And I thought Dan Akroyd was the best supporting player in "Behind the Candelabra." I barely even remember Rob Lowe in it, he was onscreen all of about two minutes at the most. In all honesty, I thought the movie was vastly overrated anyway. I didn't believe Michael Douglas for a moment in that role. They should have cast Barry Manilow.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post

Shut out for New Girl ... interesting.
    From 5 nominations the year before to zero this year is quite the step down.

Surprised that Julianne Margulies was not nominated for "The Good Wife." Although it wasn't a great day for the "Big 3" broadcast networks, so maybe it isn't that much of a surprise.
    Archie Panjabi was not nominated either. Nathan Lane got nominated for best guest Actor on TGW, but also for best guest Actor for Modern Family.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    The biggest snub is that they didn't nominate Tatiana Maslany for best lead actress in a drama. I'd even award it to her over Claire Danes and I never thought I'd say that about anyone. I'd give Breaking Bad the vote for best drama, but Orphan Black is a truly great show to binge watch. eta-Link to spoiler filled Huffington Post story with a video which highlights Tatiana's amazing performances
    Last edited by rjblue; 07-18-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Just read that between his FX show, his HBO special, and his SNL hosting gig, Louis CK received NINE nominations today. Damn.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 07-19-2013 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    And I thought Dan Akroyd was the best supporting player in "Behind the Candelabra." I barely even remember Rob Lowe in it, he was onscreen all of about two minutes at the most. In all honesty, I thought the movie was vastly overrated anyway. I didn't believe Michael Douglas for a moment in that role. They should have cast Barry Manilow.
    Dan Akroyd was great too. Rob Lowe and the California diet are totally etched in my memory, though.

vCash
    How does anyone figure Robert Morse belongs in the guest actor category? He is a cast member of Mad Men and has been for almost 70 episodes; that's not being a guest.

The Emmys are really getting boring, there are too many shows and they keep picking the same shows and actors.

vCash
    I haven't watched Behind the Candelabra yet, but I know when it first aired, a lot of people were thinking Matt Damon would be submitted as supporting actor so that both he and Michael Douglas would win.

So happy Jason Bateman got a nomination for Arrested Development, but surprised for the lack of other nominations (even though it wasn't that great of a season). I at least expected some sort of guest acting nomination, for Ben Stiller, or Kristen Wiig, or Seth Rogan. And of course, Will Arnett is always deserving.

Also surprised that James Marsden wasn't nominated for guest actor for 30 Rock. And the complete lack of acknowledgement for Dexter. That was a serious season, with Deb finding out about him. The fact that Jennifer Carpenter has not yet received a single nomination for the show is insane.

And also disappointed that the Academy continues to disregard Community. Sure season 4 wasn't a good as the previous seasons (which were also ignored), but Danny Pudi and Jim Rash are definitely deserving of supporting actor nominations.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Nathan Lane got nominated for best guest Actor on TGW, but also for best guest Actor for Modern Family.
    Wow, I wonder how many people have been nominated in both a drama and comedy category in the same year?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Not happy about the Tatiana Maslany snub. She's amazing.

vCash
    Bummed about Hayden - she deserved a nom this year - her work the whole season was stellar, but her acting in the finale was just amazing. Hiss.

Emilie Clarke? Why? I think she's gotten worse since season 1. And they've given her character precious little to do (pretty much like the book - she just wanders around the desert like a Hobbit with dragons). Michelle Fairley should have been there instead. I also would have subbed out Peter for Nikolaj or Charles Dance.

I'm fine with no Archie this year - Kalina's character took several giant steps back. to Christine Baranski's nod. Diane Lockhart is awesome. And hooray for Carrie, Nathan, and MJ Fox - TGW does amazing with their guest stars.

for The Voice.

I'm hoping this is the year that The Daily Show's winning streak ends for Variety Series, Colbert is overdue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    The Emmys are really getting boring, there are too many shows and they keep picking the same shows and actors.
    I agree!

I like Modern Family, but it's in no way funnier than Parks & Rec or Happy Endings. And no love for Nick Offerman? It's insane that Ron Swanson has no Emmy nods! I thought Julianna Margulies also deserved a nod.

I like Emilia Clarke, but I thought other actresses on GoT were stronger this year.

The sooner the Girls hype ends, the better

vCash
    I'm happy with most of the nominations. Folks have to remember, the shows "choose" what episode should be up for emmy consideration, not the EMMYs.

Emilia Clarke has some incredible moments this season.

Downton Abbey is going to rack up this season as is the network of HBO.

My prediction for next season, Showtime's Ray Donovan will the be darling of the nominations. Ray Donovan is simply FANTASTIC.

I know everyone is talking about Tatiana Maslany's non emmy nom but the picks for this year are stellar. Did BBC submit the show for consideration?
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I really like Girls but lord the last season was weak. The whole OCD thing came out of left field and the story lines often seem left completely without an end. What about that incredibly odd episode where she has an affair with a doctor? So freaking odd and never mentioned again? They need to work on resolution, even for smaller side story lines. I love Lena Dunham though and I think she gets a lot of credit for writing and directing along with acting in the show, so I think that helps her as well as the show since it is so much hers. I just don't think this year she deserves the big awards and I doubt she gets them.\

I also hope that Orange is the New Black gets nominations next year. It is, by far, the best ensemble cast. Which show has that award, the Golden Globes? I hope they at least get a nomination but I have no idea if the show will get enough critical acclaim to gain traction. It certainly helps that the other Netflix shows got nominations so they are not afraid to nominate them.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Anthony Bourdain? They couldn't find anyone better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I also hope that Orange is the New Black gets nominations next year. It is, by far, the best ensemble cast. Which show has that award, the Golden Globes? I hope they at least get a nomination but I have no idea if the show will get enough critical acclaim to gain traction. It certainly helps that the other Netflix shows got nominations so they are not afraid to nominate them.
    SAG Awards. And I agree, they're amazing. I'd love nominations for the actresses that play Sophia & Red.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    SAG Awards. And I agree, they're amazing. I'd love nominations for the actresses that play Sophia & Red.
    Crazy Eyes is my favorite. She is amazing at what she does. I would love to see her on Broadway (apparently a lot of the actresses were recruited from the theater).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    The Colbert Report will most likely get robbed yet again, so, blah. I'd love to be wrong about that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    The biggest snub is that they didn't nominate Tatiana Maslany for best lead actress in a drama. I'd even award it to her over Claire Danes and I never thought I'd say that about anyone. I'd give Breaking Bad the vote for best drama, but Orphan Black is a truly great show to binge watch. eta-Link to spoiler filled Huffington Post story with a video which highlights Tatiana's amazing performances
    She may get a Golden Globe nom instead. The GGs seem more up on new performances. Emmys typically like the old standbys.

Definitely surprised Matt Damon wasn't put into supporting actor (though technically he was more the lead than Douglas was). Michael Douglas will win hands down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast