Police in India have arrested the head teacher of a school where 23 children died after eating food contaminated with insecticide last week.
Meena Kumari had been sought since the tragedy in eastern Bihar state. She handed herself in on Wednesday.
Police believe she can help explain how the deadly insecticide monocrotophos ended up in the free school lunch.
In all, 47 primary school children fell ill after consuming the meal of rice and soybeans.
The Mid-Day meal scheme, introduced to combat hunger and boost school attendance, provides free food for 120 million children in 1.2 million schools across India.
It often suffers from poor hygiene, and poisoning outbreaks occur from time to time, although rarely if ever with such deadly results.
All of the teachers in Bihar's state-run primary schools have vowed not to participate in the scheme from Friday.
"Teachers and the headmasters have to manage the scheme with little help, low-quality food and corruption at every level," said B Sharma, head of the primary school teachers' association.
"But when such an incident happens, a teacher or the principal is held responsible."