vCash

Need help with Flickr

I just opened a flickr account last night. It seems to be a real pain in the neck. First it would not allow me to use my hotmail or google account (kept getting error message), so I opened a yahoo account. I uploaded 200 pictures (the maximum allowed at a time) and gave the set a name.

Tonight I tried to open a second set to upload more pictures (not from the same set) but there was no option for me to add more pictures (they are on a CD right now).

Am I limited to only 200 total pictures on Flickr? If that's the case, I better find something else.

I created a contacts list for family & friends but the Flickr account is still showing it as zero; not sure why.

I see that the 200 pictures were uploaded but when I sent that link to myself, it said- there is a problem with this link; try going to flickr directly. I tried sending the link to a family member but he could not access it at all.

I just emailed my question to flickr but I may have to wait for a few days before I get a reply.

In the meantime I know there are experienced people on fsu who might be able to help me faster.

BTW before I registered on flickr, I tried picasa (google) to upload my pictures. It requires IE6 or better, which my old computer does not have. I cannot use my work computer for this. So I had to give up the idea.

Are there other sites like flicker that may accept my pictures to share with others? I do have a Shutterfly account, but I am not sure it allows captioning the pictures. I can still try uploading them though.

Any help will be appreciated. I am just dying to share my pictures from my recent vacation with friends and family.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Check out dropbox.com.
    It's a sharing site that let's you invite people to download files and folders. I believe you can give permission to add files, etc. as well.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I just opened a flickr account last night. It seems to be a real pain in the neck. First it would not allow me to use my hotmail or google account (kept getting error message), so I opened a yahoo account. I uploaded 200 pictures (the maximum allowed at a time) and gave the set a name.

Tonight I tried to open a second set to upload more pictures (not from the same set) but there was no option for me to add more pictures (they are on a CD right now).

Am I limited to only 200 total pictures on Flickr? If that's the case, I better find something else.

I created a contacts list for family & friends but the Flickr account is still showing it as zero; not sure why.

I see that the 200 pictures were uploaded but when I sent that link to myself, it said- there is a problem with this link; try going to flickr directly. I tried sending the link to a family member but he could not access it at all.

I just emailed my question to flickr but I may have to wait for a few days before I get a reply.
    Two hundred pictures used to be the limit but that's not supposed to be the case any longer (see their FAQ page). I've had my Flickr account for years and am not a heavy user, but I've never had any difficulty with contacts, links, sets, etc. so I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope someone else will be able to help.

vCash
    Later I was able to upload many more pictures (416, including the earlier 200). It seems when I create a new set, I can transfer those pictures to it, and I can even create smaller sets (or Collections- I have to read up on that) within the set. Apparently the 200 limit is for 'at a time'. So now I have 3 sets (albums) which I can break down into smaller ones for easy viewing.

I also sent invitations to some family members and friends through flickr, so their email addresses are on the flickr list (one of them was already there). Now I have to wait and see if they can access the photostream. However, I would prefer for them to access the individual sets. It's much easier than looking through 416 pictures (and there will be more when I am done).

I also opened a share account on Shutterfly, but that seems harder to manipulate. I could not add pictures to the tiny album (2 pics) I had created. This could take some time to learn.

Reuven, I will check out the dropbox.com site too. Thanks.