Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    ....So I think Mirai's 4CC FS was about as good as her one from the Olympics or maybe a little worse (just because I think the Carmen program was better constructed and showcased her fiery, sassy side better than the Geisha program which I found a bit bland).
    I feel the opposite. I think the Carmen program was inferior to the Geisha program. Perhaps because I didn't like the cuts to Carmen. It failed to build to a climax which Carmen should do. Whereas Geisha had tension and drama to the music cuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by butyrskafanatic View Post
    Miki is the best competitor of the whole generation apart from Kim.
    Take a look at Miki's international results, and compare, you will find out that the ONLY big title Miki has beside her two WC titles, is her 4CC title from 2011!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    Take a look at Miki's international results, and compare, you will find out that the ONLY big title Miki has beside her two WC titles, is her 4CC title from 2011!!!
    I agree. Miki needed superior skaters like Mao and Yuna to make mistakes to win her two World titles. Otherwise no matter how she skated she wasn't going to beat those two because she just isn't as good.

vCash
    If she makes it to the Games and is at her very best I believe Mirai has a fighting chance for the podium. At least bronze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by butyrskafanatic View Post
    Miki is a 2 time World Champion. She has the same number of World titles as Yu Na Kim who most consider the best skater in history, and the same number as Mao Asada who is also revered as a timeless legendary skater. To achieve that in the same era is impressive. I often feel she deserves more respect than she gets, even though I still do think Kim, Asada, and Kostner overall are better skaters, but Miki is the best competitor of the whole generation apart from Kim.
    It means you consider kim as the best competitior? But yhere are some greaters who have better career than she has, 1 ogm, 2 world titles. she has not enough number of big titles to consider as the best competitior. well It is great that kim was always on the podium in whole career includes world championship. It can mean that she had chance to win more world titles. But unfortunately kim lost some chances in WC where she was enough to win like she was at 2008 world, 2011 world. I am not intend to dimish her. Just I don't think she is considered as greater because her career. her career in terms of number of big titles is worse than some greaters.
    Last edited by torren; 07-22-2013 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torren View Post
    It means you consider kim as the best competitior? But yhere are many greaters who have better career than she has, 1 ogm, 2 world titles. well, besides the number of big titles, It is great that kim was always on the podium in whole career. It can mean that she had always chance to win gold. But kim barely lost some chances in big competitions where she was enough to win gold like she was at 2008 world, 2011 world. she has not enough big titles to consider as the best competitior
    I am not intend to dimish her. Just I don't think she is considered as greater because her career. her career in terms of big titles is worse than many greaters.
    In fairness, butryskafanatic emphasized that it was this generation of skaters he/she was referring to. No one in those terms has had more success than she.

vCash
    of course I was saying without considering possibility of her winning second olympic gold medal. there are people who saying like already kim got second OGM, It is ridiculous.
    There have been unexpected gold medalist in ladies event at olympic. Anything can happen. well... exceptively at 2010 olympic, favorite won SP, and lp, go clean, just won. but It was just rare case

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Mirai's best now is not the same as her best then, so no, she will not win a medal and I would be shocked if she even made the team.

vCash
    of course I was saying without considering possibility of her winning second olympic gold medal. there are people who saying like already kim got second OGM, It is ridiculous.
    There have been unexpected gold medalist in ladies event at olympic. Anything can happen. well... exceptively at 2010 olympic, favorite won SP, and lp, go clean, just won. but It was just rare case
    I do agree with that. Oftentimes the best skater doesn't win OGM; it's usually the best skater of the night who wins. 2010 was the first time in a long time the best skater in the field was also the best skater of the night.

Can lightning strike twice for Yu-Na? I don't think she needs to be 100% perfect to win gold this time but can she win again is the question. As of now it seems like it would be hard for her to lose but I won't say the OGM is hers...not yet. Even though most of us feel it's hers to lose, she still has to go get it.

vCash
    In my opinion, she was the bronze medallist in 2010.

vCash
    I am waiting for the thread and poll about the worst off season in FSU history
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    In my opinion, she was the bronze medallist in 2010.
    with all of the tread drift, for a split second I thought you meant Yuna and I was like "gurrl, you cray!" Until I realized you meant mirai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    with all of the tread drift, for a split second I thought you meant Yuna and I was like "gurrl, you cray!" Until I realized you meant mirai
    Yes, I meant Mirai, of course...

vCash
    So I think Mirai's 4CC FS was about as good as her one from the Olympics or maybe a little worse
    In terms of the elements, Mirai's 2010 Olympic free skate and 2011 4CC free skate were pretty comparable, but the 4CC GOE are mostly slightly better. (Whether this reflects better jumps or are just the usual generous "thank you for coming to 4CC marks", I don't know.) Both programs had two 3Lz and two 3T and 1 each 3F and 3Lo. (No 3 Salchow, grumble, grumble.) Olympics had three 2As, 4CC only two.

Differences (with Olympic program element listed first):
    3Lz-2T-2T became only 3Lx-2T
    3F with 0 GEO at Olympics got an edge call at 4CC for-0.4GOE
    Switched up the sequence so 3Lo+2A and solo 3T became 3T+2T+2L and solo 3Lo (was this to get down to two 2axels? When did that rule change?)
    Step seq improved from L2 to L3.
    Sit Spin improved from L3 to L4.

I agree with you that Carmen was a better vehicle for her. I never liked the Geisha program much either.

As a matter of strategy, I think it makes sense to put the sequence on the less difficult triple because of the 0.8 factoring for sequences.
    Last edited by Susan M; 07-22-2013 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Susan M, it would've been for the 10/11 year, so I'd say yes, the change was made to get down to two 2As

vCash
    Just I don't think she is considered as greater because her career. her career in terms of number of big titles is worse than some greaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    In fairness, butryskafanatic emphasized that it was this generation of skaters he/she was referring to. No one in those terms has had more success than she.
    Again, please, butryskafanatic talk about THIS generation, not all time. It looks like you just wait for every chance to against Yuna's achieved, so ridiculous

vCash
    Marai would need a Paul Wylie experience. Plus, under-rotation has been noted enough times, that I think judges concentrate on that with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do agree with that. Oftentimes the best skater doesn't win OGM; it's usually the best skater of the night who wins. 2010 was the first time in a long time the best skater in the field was also the best skater of the night.

Can lightning strike twice for Yu-Na? I don't think she needs to be 100% perfect to win gold this time but can she win again is the question. As of now it seems like it would be hard for her to lose but I won't say the OGM is hers...not yet. Even though most of us feel it's hers to lose, she still has to go get it.
    I agree that probably she will win. But I have a bit different opinion about she doesn't need to be perfect at all. There can be other possibilities. Even they are not so likely to happen.
    If she makes more visible errors than kostner, She cannot win. Even though Carolina doesn't have olympic gold and more success than her, Whatever kim fans say kim has the best career in this generation etc, I feel judges see them in same standard. Moreover 2014 olympic is held in Europe. European judges are known for so favorable to european skaters.
    Especially Reminds of ladies event at 2008 world where all judges were europeans and what Carolina's placement and score were.

By the way I don't think kim can be 100% perfect at next olympic. About how she could deliver her best skates at last olympic, I undertand this way that just that days were her days. But once more? I think The possibility of it is so low.
    Last edited by torren; 07-23-2013 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Mirai would have to earn a ticket to the Olympics first, at US Nationals. That is a long shot.

vCash
    Again, please, butryskafanatic talk about THIS generation, not all time. It looks like you just wait for every chance to against Yuna's achieved, so ridiculous
    Let's be honest, it is pretty ridiculous to be talking about the wonders and relative merits of Ando or Kim vs anybody else in what is titled a Nagasu thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast