Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Go Mirai

vCash
    Good luck Mirai! I hope she shows her doubters that she really is still in the mix.

vCash
    I hope she medals at the NHK.

I was one person who thought Mirai was going to be the leading contender going into Sochi. I thought she would have been World Champion by now. Nothing materialized for her. I just don't think she wanted the attention that comes with being the number one skater in the world.

They say with age comes wisdom. I'm hoping she holds it together this year and puts out some good performances. I do love her SP, but I want her to feel it. I don't want to just watch her chase her jumps. Go Mirai !

vCash
    I think to have a family member who was(still is?) seriously sick was really depressing. Moreover her mom was supporting her by driving hours to and back from Caroll's new rink. Mirai was going through puberty as well. So I think it was very hard for her to get things together. Then she changed her coaches/rinks and she started driving to the rinks by herself. I think she's doing very well. I believe she's trying to get things better at least. Hope she shows the good signs at NHK Trophy. Love you, Mirai!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    I hope she medals at the NHK.

I was one person who thought Mirai was going to be the leading contender going into Sochi. I thought she would have been World Champion by now. Nothing materialized for her. I just don't think she wanted the attention that comes with being the number one skater in the world.

They say with age comes wisdom. I'm hoping she holds it together this year and puts out some good performances. I do love her SP, but I want her to feel it. I don't want to just watch her chase her jumps. Go Mirai !
    I also thought she would be the leading contender for this years Olympics. I didn't think she would be a world champion, but after her performance at the Olympics and then placing 1st in the short program at worlds, I thought she would have Ashley Wagner's career plus a few world medals.

Also I think it was more she could not handle pressure vs not wanting attention.

vCash
    I really want to see Mirai do very well at the nationals and make the Olympic team, then skate lights out at the Olympics.

vCash
    Good luck Mirai... !! I really want her to do well at NHK... really fight for it!!

Knowing where she stood within US Federation against their Golden Girl du jour Gracie here (Vs the Cover Girl Ashley), I'd fully expect her PCS will be moderate or low, and her jumps will get scrutinised like no tomorrow compare to some of the home favs if she put out a decent performance. I question if she'd really have a chance to medal since Akiko and Mao are likely to have priority IN Japan if they both do well and US is very likely to pull for Gracie. It'd be weird to see Frank sitting with Gracie instead of her at Kiss and Cry.
    For her, it is a matter of making sure she lands everything with no UR and put up a worthy Bond Girl fight in presentation and charm the heck out of the audience to get them on her side. ONLY then.... maybe...maybe she will have a fighting chance for that elusive 3rd spot at the Olympics and get a 2nd look by the US Federation. Elena is such a dark horse in this competition. Ideally, Mirai really need to get a medal at this competition, but her chances doesn't appear to be good on paper. I'd consider a 4th finish would be a good finish.... which is annoying. I want her to medal!

Her manner of delivering is almost more important than whatever the final ranking/medal colour she get. She should try to win at least one event, even though she will for sure to have REALLY tough competition at NHK.
    Last edited by os168; 11-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.

vCash
    I cross-posted this on NHK Trophy thread in K&C:

For you who wants any information about Mirai. I found photos of her. Shame they are not her practice photos. However, it's very nice to see her smiling at the rink.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...68390_view.jpg
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/photo/201...839094-1-N.jpg

vCash
    Mirai

Apparently she had an amazing warmup right before her skate too. Those pesky nerves!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Mirai looked so good in the six minute warm-up, but it fell apart when the music and pressure was on .....

vCash
    Mirai. I wanted her to do so well here!

vCash
    Not a good showing for her at all...those < and << are destroying her. She just can't seem to rotate anymore...

vCash
    She can rotate if no one is keeping score. This is hard to watch.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Rrrrrrrrr......*fists in the air* scarlett ohara style.

vCash
    She nailed her 3-3, 3loop, and 2axel to perfection in the warm up. If she landed those in her sp, she would have been 60+

-.-

vCash
    On the bright side, I noticed Mirai smiling during the program and really completing her movements; I thought her ending position was especially gorgeous. I also liked that they added a transition with the layback Ina Bauer into the 3L.

I didn't watch the warm up, but I wonder why she did a 3-3 when her planned content listed a 3F2T.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiDani View Post
    On the bright side, I noticed Mirai smiling during the program and really completing her movements; I thought her ending position was especially gorgeous. I also liked that they added a transition with the layback Ina Bauer into the 3L.

I didn't watch the warm up, but I wonder why she did a 3-3 when her planned content listed a 3F2T.
    Yeah, I wondered that too; but she definitely did a 3-3 in the warmup. I optimistically thought she might change to a 3-3 because of it, but no. Her jumps looked rock solid in the warmup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    Yeah, I wondered that too; but she definitely did a 3-3 in the warmup. I optimistically thought she might change to a 3-3 because of it, but no. Her jumps looked rock solid in the warmup
    Which is usually the case in the warm up for Mirai. But as soon as it's go time she tenses up, backs off and ends up under-rotating...

vCash
    Do her jumps look more fully rotated in the warm-ups?

vCash
    Whatever happens I hope Mirai still hangs on a few more years after Sochi. I'm still holding out for a Kostner/Wagner type renaissance in her 20s. Still love Mirai. I hope she pulls it together for the LP and ends up on a good note.

I thought she might have been having boot issues (since she was tweeting for last-minute advice on breaking them in) but that doesn't seem to be the case at all if she had a good warm-up.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast