Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Well, her program looks good. Now, if she would just inform her face that this is fun.........................she would be quite spectacular
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Well, her program looks good. Now, if she would just inform her face that this is fun.........................she would be quite spectacular
    And skate faster.

vCash
    That 3lz was because she was too close to the wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Now, if she would just inform her face that this is fun.........................she would be quite spectacular
    ??? Should she skate with a smile plastered on her face (like some US team members do) even when the music doesn't imply that? She expresses the music like she sees and feels it.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    ??? Should she skate with a smile plastered on her face (like some US team members do) even when the music doesn't imply that? She expresses the music like she sees and feels it.
    Exactly!
    I was happy with the way she expressed this music,especially with her arm and body movements.
    It is an elegant program but then again,I was probably the only one who liked her LP from last season too!

vCash
    Wow. Color me impressed especially this early in the season! The jumps suggest ambition this season - the 3t looked < and she had a little loss of control out of the 3z but I'm happy with what I see. What struck me is that despite any glitches on the jumps, she looked confident landing them, which means (I think) Amy Evidente is probably putting her through some great physical conditioning exercises to make her more solid.

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Exactly!

vCash
    Should she skate with a smile plastered on her face (like some US team members do) even when the music doesn't imply that? She expresses the music like she sees and feels it.
    I think the complaint is that, recently, her face does neither. It mostly says something more along the lines of "grind it out, kid."

I agree those cardboard Nancy Kerrigan smiled pasted on skaters' faces are not compelling either, but the skater does need to look like what they are doing is effortless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I think the complaint is that, recently, her face does neither. It mostly says something more along the lines of "grind it out, kid."

I agree those cardboard Nancy Kerrigan smiled pasted on skaters' faces are not compelling either, but the skater does need to look like what they are doing is effortless.
    To be fair, I think Mirai was putting more effort into expressing the music during the performance and I caught glimpses of her smiling during the performance as well. It was much better than some programs from other seasons where her face was blank the entire time. She appeared to actually enjoy her in the video and that was good to see.

I agree with others who note that she could be faster. I hope that by the time the GP comes, her speed is markedly better.

The layback at the end was and that 3F-3T looked good too. The 3T may have been a little < but I'm glad she is trying such a combo and looking confident while doing it too. Overall, she looks to be in good shape and focused. I think Olympic seasons must bring out the best in her.

vCash
    And skate faster.
    And spin faster. I am disappointed in the music choice. Kind of a snooze.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    The SP construction was good. I think her combo spin looked slow only because she was thinking about the order of the positions, which is different from the past. Her planned content and level of conditioning/preparation is exactly what it should be. I will need to hear the music on a better recording to form an opinion ... but at least it is not Carmen
    Last edited by bardtoob; 08-03-2013 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Oooo I am getting excited! Mirai choosing BLUE in an Olympic season! Gooo Mirai!!
    She looks sooo good... vast improvement from last 2 seasons Nichol snoozefest. Love she went for the 3:3s! Take that Wagner.

I too am a bit iffy on the music edit, but it has potential if she can hit the phrasing properly. I love that she picked an American classic and not a Russian Composer like everyone else is doing - too cliche!

I am really curious on the FS for Bond now! Can't wait for a clip to become available. One of the best costume I have seen on her.
    Last edited by os168; 08-03-2013 at 10:00 PM.

vCash
    Marai has such a spark within her. When she let's it shine (through her face as well as her body) (and I don't mean plastered smile) she just lights up the arena. I think she looks bored and robotic (only facially). It is acting, and she has that "it" factor when she turns it on. Haven't seen it "on" in a while.
    Love the LP dress.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirai4life View Post
    Honestly, I'm not too crazy about the dresses.

At least when she was with Frank, the dresses looked terrific. Now...they look too much like figure skating costumes to me. Like, ooh, let's add some ombré, oh and don't forget the splattering of silver Swarovski crystals!

Also, I'd like to say that I'm one of Mirai's biggest fans, but the costumes really could be a bit more sophisticated. Love the SP! Super classy and lovely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Oooo I am getting excited! Mirai choosing BLUE in an Olympic season! Gooo Mirai!!
    Podium blue!!!!!!

vCash
    James bond and Gershwin? uhh... It reminded me a bit of kim's Musics for the 2010 Olympics.. am i the only one?
    By the way I don't think James bond soundtrack would so well fit for Mirai. Besides, olympic is held in Russia... why? I really don't like this choice.
    Anway I wish her best luck for olympic season, get more love from US judges which she deserves
    Last edited by torren; 08-04-2013 at 05:46 AM.

vCash
    Mirai finished 3rd at Glacier falls, 26+ points behind Courtney Hicks and 14+ points behind Polina Edmunds.

Courtney scored 63.39 in the SP and 122.47 in the FS. She is making a STRONG statement!
    Edmunds scored 56.37 in the SP and 117.23 in the FS.
    Mirai scored 56.67 in the SP and 102.32 in the FS --- very similar to what she scored in her first GP last season.

vCash
    I really think that third spot if Gracie and Ashley make the team as we all expect will be between Courtney, Agnes and Christina. Alissa is simply getting to old and injured and Mirai can't seem to clean up her jumps. Younger skaters like Polina and Angela could surprise also.

vCash
    That LP score has me worried.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast