Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    People reported Mirai's 3Fs were good in the official practice, so I hope she'll give near clean long program and win the spot. Acturally i was surprised that she gave some aggressive changes to her short program. Wish she'll be more aggressive in the long program.

vCash
    I'm so thrilled for Mirai. I received a phone call during her scores, who sat with her in the kiss and cry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I'm so thrilled for Mirai. I received a phone call during her scores, who sat with her in the kiss and cry?
    From the hair, it looks to be her ballet teacher. She was with her at 2010 US Champion and 2011 4CC

Pics of Mariah during the performance
    http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/25/60/51.../3/628x471.jpg
    http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/25/60/51.../3/628x471.jpg

vCash
    She smiled, reacted to the crowd and had a good performance and would be in second if she had skated later.
    I don't think so. The two ladies above her both did 3Lz-3T, which not only gives them a couple base points over Mirai's 3T-3T but also labels them as serious competitors vs an international field. They also had slightly higher PCS, which may have been a factor of skating later, but I think is more likely a factor of skating better at last year's Nationals and generally being more hyped this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Bad draw for Ashley. Gracie skates last.
    Or it could be a good thing for Ashley. We know that she's a good LP skater and will go for it just like in 2010 when she nearly made the team from 4th place when there were only 2 spots availiable and Gracie has yet to show she can handle leading a big competition. She sometimes collapses when leading like Mirai has in the past.

vCash
    Does anyone think Mirai has a 3/3 planned for the LP. It's going to be hard to stay in front of Polina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    Does anyone think Mirai has a 3/3 planned for the LP. It's going to be hard to stay in front of Polina.
    She'd have to get in front of Polina.

I really want Mirai to get the spot, but more than anything it was great to see her look like she enjoys skating again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I really want Mirai to get the spot, but more than anything it was great to see her look like she enjoys skating again.
    This. She was engaged in her performance and gave a lot more personality. That gave her performance a little bit of that sparkle that she's been missing these last few years. Her jumps and spins were solid (level 4 everything) and she sold the program well. I was thrilled for her. I don't know if she'll make the team or not but all I want is to see her skate a good FS, no matter where she places.

vCash
    So happy for Mirai!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    She'd have to get in front of Polina.

I think that even if Polina finishes ahead of Mirai, they don't send Polina to the Olympics. She has zero senior international experience, and this isn't like other Olympic years where we don't have many ladies skaters without any senior international experience. Besides, I suspect Polina will bomb the LP. No way will she be able to handle that kind of pressure with her inexperience. Polina is a headcase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I think that even if Polina finishes ahead of Mirai, they don't send Polina to the Olympics. She has zero senior international experience, and this isn't like other Olympic years where we don't have many ladies skaters without any senior international experience. Besides, I suspect Polina will bomb the LP. No way will she be able to handle that kind of pressure with her inexperience. Polina is a headcase.
    Isn't it a little premature to be dubbing someone with "zero senior international experience", as you say, a headcase?

vCash
    And Mirai isn't a headcase at times?

vCash
    I don't know if Polina is a headcase. She did pretty well at the JGPF. We just don't have enough information on her. I do agree with you, however, that the USFSA should send someone with more international experience at the senior level to Sochi. Polina could go to Junior worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    Isn't it a little premature to be dubbing someone with "zero senior international experience", as you say, a headcase?
    Well she is based on her junior results and things don't become easier as a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wasn't saying she wasn't. But Mirai seems to be a different skater this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't know if Polina is a headcase. She did pretty well at the JGPF. We just don't have enough information on her. I do agree with you, however, that the USFSA should send someone with more international experience at the senior level to Sochi. Polina could go to Junior worlds.
    She did well at the JGPF only after a disastrous SP. She might as be one of those skaters who can only skate one clean program in a competition. Polina should go to Junior Worlds, I think. It's the right place for her considering her experience thusfar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Yes, as most of us can be.

(Just read through some of your posts to get my point )

vCash
    I'd be thrilled with either Mirai or Polina. Since the U.S. has three spots available, I could make an argument for either lady to go -- assuming they both turn out great LPs. I'm just so thrilled that both of them skated so well in the short!

O-

vCash
    Nagasu did well in the SP (I figured she would). However, it's the FS that has sunk her the past 3 years. The one exception happened to be 4 years ago...

vCash
    Right now I am torn between Mirai and Ashley because Polina threw a wrench in it. Otherwise it would have been Ashley & Gracie as certainties and everyone else fighting for the 3rd spot. I had not taken into account Polina because she was competing as a junior in the GP. However, if she medals, the USFSA will be in a tough spot. I really want both Mirai and Ashley on the team. If one of them misses out, I will be heartbroken. Please ladies, skate great in the LP. Don't fall behind a junior skater who has no chance at all of winning a medal at the Olympics.

vCash
    ^^ IMO, Polina skated no better than Ashley Cain. I'd have Polina, with her immaturity around 58 - 59, and certainly no higher than 60 in her senior debut. It's USFS carrying the wrench and the hammer, btw.

Mirai was a delight to watch, and surprise of surprises, USFS gave Mirai a fair score among all the over-scores and low-balls.

vCash
    I actually went to bed after Cesario skated because I figured that Polina wasn't going to be anywhere in the top 5. I woke up this morning and was like that she was in second.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast