Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^Y'know, all the meh over Ashley only makes me pull for her harder to succeed in Sochi to prove that hard work and determination can make it happen.
    Me too.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^ Me Three
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Banned Member
    vCash
    Mirai has nothing to worry about! She needs to skate HER best only, and she will be rewarded.

Agnes can't score well in a LP, she NEVER has, and Cesario is too inexperienced, and Zhang simply is no competition.

Just skate, Mirai. Just. Skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Mirai has nothing to worry about! She needs to skate HER best only, and she will be rewarded.

Agnes can't score well in a LP, she NEVER has, and Cesario is too inexperienced, and Zhang simply is no competition.

Just skate, Mirai. Just. Skate.
    What about Gao?

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    ^^ Me Three
    You know all the talk about other skaters in a Mirai Nagasu thread make me meh.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    You know all the talk about other skaters in a Mirai Nagasu thread make me meh.
    So say something of interest about Mirai. But you know, Mirai is not competing in a vacuum, so obviously other skaters will be mentioned.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    So say something of interest about Mirai. But you know, Mirai is not competing in a vacuum, so obviously other skaters will be mentioned.
    ITA

vCash
    Well I'll talk about Mirai. As it was still a rumor that Mirai worked under Mura's father during the interval weeks between the two GP events(it was confirmed on the facebook that Mirai trained in Okayama, though). I did a search a bit and found a blog entry posted by one of Mura's father's friends. It actually said that Mirai was training under Mura's father in Okayama. Sorry this is not anything new but just a confirmation.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's OK--I am glad of the reminder. I hope to see fruits of this at Nationals. She is my not-so-secret hope for the 3rd spot.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I hope she training to win Nationals, not just nab the 3rd spot! That's how she'll get it.

vCash
    This is my first time in this thread, but even though I really like Ashley Wagner I have a soft spot for Mirai. I felt so bad for her in the free skate of the 2010 Worlds & thought she so unlucky not to win a medal in Vancouver.
    Also, she was so nice when she had to wait so long for her free skate at NHK this year.
    Her SP is one of my faves for this season.
    I really wish her well for Nationals, I would love to see her in Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Well I'll talk about Mirai. As it was still a rumor that Mirai worked under Mura's father during the interval weeks between the two GP events(it was confirmed on the facebook that Mirai trained in Okayama, though). I did a search a bit and found a blog entry posted by one of Mura's father's friends. It actually said that Mirai was training under Mura's father in Okayama. Sorry this is not anything new but just a confirmation.
    Thanks! I hope some more tidbits will come out now and again. I'd love to know how Mirai's training is going in Okayama.

vCash
    The fact that she is training in Japan is quite interesting. Didn't her mother nix the idea of her going to Palm Springs to be with FC not too long ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    The fact that she is training in Japan is quite interesting. Didn't her mother nix the idea of her going to Palm Springs to be with FC not too long ago?
    That thought occurred to me too but doesn't Mirai have an aunt in the area of Okayama? Or perhaps there are family friends that Mirai's parents entrusted her to. Apparently they didn't feel comfortable with the sponsor family that Frank had tried to line up for Mirai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    That thought occurred to me too but doesn't Mirai have an aunt in the area of Okayama? Or perhaps there are family friends that Mirai's parents entrusted her to. Apparently they didn't feel comfortable with the sponsor family that Frank had tried to line up for Mirai.
    Ah, OK. That answers my question if true

vCash
    Mirai is not competing in a vacuum, so obviously other skaters will be mentioned.
    At times, she looks so bored and expressionless that she might as well be skating in a vacuum.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    At times, she looks so bored and expressionless that she might as well be skating in a vacuum.
    That is, unfortunately, a fair point.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Wow Mirai had a Christmas event with the rink mates! This is from a blog entry which was posted by one of the coaches at the rink where Mirai trains.
    http://www3.bigcosmic.com/board/s/bo...1387310259.jpg

my rough translation of the comment

Mirai-chan, who is preparing for US Nationals, and Tak-kun(Mura's nickname), who is preparing for Japan Nats coming very soon, had a good time with the kids. It is usual that we see them skating, but this time they cheered for the skating kids at the rink side.

After the 'Mirai-chan and Tak-kun show' they skated with the kids. We appreciate them so much! They are so warm hearted. Thank you! Thank you! And thank you very much, God!!

I saw a few posts about Mirai staying in Okayama. I assume those were posted by someone related to the rink. i read Mura drives her to the rink. So if it's true Mura and his family are taking care of her to some extent. But I can't confirm those posts, so they can be wrong.

vCash
    ^^^
    Can't rep again yet but thank you rosewood!

I just hope that Mirai is happy ( she did say it was a dream come true for her to train in Japan somewhere but I forget where? Instagram or FB pic maybe?), and that she stays injury - and flu -free lol and that she is training with all her heart.

The children are all so cute, especially the little girl dressed up like a Christmas tree!

I also like that Mirai is wearing her USA jacket with the Olympic rings.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 12-18-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Thanks for the update Rosewood!

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast